new exotic black hammer found - black spindle - (possibly today only)

rianbattle

On todays daily heroic story mission, you can obtain a 310 attack weapon called black spindle, which is an exotic year 2 version of black hammer. Here's a link to dattodoesdestiny on youtube:

[ame]

[/ame]

Unknown if you can get it on regular heroic version of the mission, so it's best to get it today if you can!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine was telling me this was insanely hard to get. Went on Bungie.net, found 2 randoms, (302,301, and me 303) got it on the first attempt. :)

Hey I hope you're not on about me! Haha we had a bad strat then got it first time. All in all 3 runs it took, people on bungie forums have been at it for 10 hours!?? Wtf!

Hey I hope you're not on about me! Haha we had a bad strat then got it first time. All in all 3 runs it took, people on bungie forums have been at it for 10 hours!?? Wtf!

Lol, I was! You made me go in thinking that there was no way in hell I could get it, but my KF machine gun wrecked anything with a solar shield, and my fireteam had weapons for everything else. For the boss we had WoL and my Nightstalker, so we got it easily. The boss constantly shooting blinding waves at you was annoying, but it wasn't a huge deal.

Edited by TopsiKrett

Lol, I was! You made me go in thinking that there was no way in hell I could get it, but my KF machine gun wrecked anything with a solar shield, and my fireteam had weapons for everything else. For the boss we had WoL and my Nightstalker, so we got it easily. The boss constantly shooting blinding waves at you was annoying, but it wasn't a huge deal.

Yeh we struggled to kill the ads on first attempt but got our strat and easily done it after. I think because everyone was saying how hard it was I jumped on the hype train.

Here's some advice: infuse your Black Spindle(s). According to Deej, they weren't supposed to drop at 310, and will receive a 20 point nerf soon. You may want to infuse a legendary special as high as you can with it, and after the nerf, infuse the legendary back to the Spindle. It wont be 310 unless you infuse multiple guns, (it will be around 300-304) but its better than having it reset to 290.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/155921520

Edited by TopsiKrett

Here's some advice: infuse your Black Spindle(s). According to Deej, they weren't supposed to drop at 310, and will receive a 20 point nerf soon. You may want to infuse a legendary special as high as you can with it, and after the nerf, infuse the legendary back to the Spindle. It wont be 310 unless you infuse multiple guns, (it will be around 300-304) but its better than having it reset to 290.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/155921520

Was it really a "mistake" or they noticed everyone using the Spindle to infuse lower weapons up quickly? Because for people that are 300 and higher technically the Spindle should drop at 310 as with other exotics.

Was it really a "mistake" or they noticed everyone using the Spindle to infuse lower weapons up quickly? Because for people that are 300 and higher technically the Spindle should drop at 310 as with other exotics.

Personally, I think anyone with 300+ light should get to keep the 310 version, and lower it to 300 for everyone else. But what can you do? I guess I'll have a 308 Stillpiercer until after the nerf then I can get a 304 Spindle afterwards.

Personally, I think anyone with 300+ light should get to keep the 310 version, and lower it to 300 for everyone else. But what can you do? I guess I'll have a 308 Stillpiercer until after the nerf then I can get a 304 Spindle afterwards.

That's what I feel too, but I guess people will just have to infuse the Black Spindle. It's not that hard really, just an annoyance about the situation.

Looks like it is only attainable during the daily heroic version of the story.just made the door to the grav lift with no deaths and all you can do is scan it. Have to keep a look out for this on the daily rotation

wtf that sucks...by the time I read about it I was in bed cause I work early shifts...prob wont be back up for a good few weeks then :(

Wish I thought of this. We failed hard last night.

We did kill baby Crota in the T3 Court though!

Don't feel bad, my group tried for 3 hours because we are stubborn. All of us around 275, nearly got it a few times. Really sucks. A bungie employee on twitter confirmed it's only available during daily heroic, but that it will be up in the rotation often. Hopefully that holds true.