On the Radio won't unlock?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it done unlocking in your tracker?

If you got the home achievement, it has glitched, as that can't pop without the songs. Try a fresh save?

it doesn't say done unlocking it just says locked but I've had 5 achievements in the past that said that, waited 2 days and they popped. i tried 3 new games but nothing, deleted my profile, clear system cache, and still nothing. i left the game running overnight for 6 hours playing the 12 songs while driving in game and the radio from the menu and still nothing. the home achievement, wrong bus and Three Times Around were very glitchy.

I am having a similar issue, but with reading all of Benji's stories and viewing all photos. I have not had any success getting these to unlock even though I have the Home achievement. I have tried a full reinstall and deleted save game to start fresh, but no luck. Achievement tracker does not show any progress on either achievement.

Looks like there is some kind of glitch, but I am not sure how to work around it. I highly doubt that this will get patched either.

it doesn't say done unlocking it just says locked but I've had 5 achievements in the past that said that, waited 2 days and they popped. i tried 3 new games but nothing, deleted my profile, clear system cache, and still nothing. i left the game running overnight for 6 hours playing the 12 songs while driving in game and the radio from the menu and still nothing. the home achievement, wrong bus and Three Times Around were very glitchy.

I am having a similar issue, but with reading all of Benji's stories and viewing all photos. I have not had any success getting these to unlock even though I have the Home achievement. I have tried a full reinstall and deleted save game to start fresh, but no luck. Achievement tracker does not show any progress on either achievement.

Looks like there is some kind of glitch, but I am not sure how to work around it. I highly doubt that this will get patched either.

My best bet is to erase any saved data and un install the game. Then start fresh. That happend to me on some games before and thats what I done.

My best bet is to erase any saved data and un install the game. Then start fresh. That happend to me on some games before and thats what I done.

One thing i didn't try was play offline so maybe that might work and then sign back in, this seemed to happen last weekend when xbox live was having issues mostly online gaming and friends/party, but yeah tried installing/erasing my save file and nothing worked :(

Edited by Shadow Gamer 777

• 1 month later...

Having the same issue with Benji's stories, like you guys I have the Home achievement already.

Have emailed Bracket Games support but no answer yet (don't know how many people there are working there or how log they are taking for Christmas break though)

I don't have Twitter but that's usually a better way of getting the attention for things like this I think so if other people have tweeted them please post if you get a reply...

Like you guys I've tried:

• New save file
  • Playing offline and going back online
  • Removing local data and letting the cloud save sync back
  • Removing and recovering tag
  • Playing main story quick and slow
  • Playing the Epilogue (both getting on the bus and calling Mom) and not playing it at all

Only thing I noticed which I thought was weird was on a new save when I hit the last page on each story the game saves, but on a current save and you read them again it only saves after you hit the last page of the first story you read.... probably nothing but I just thought it was weird

• 4 weeks later...

Still trying to get my Benji achievement to unlock, tried a lot of stuff and after going to the game hub apparently I have completed 250% of the extras and it goes up 20% if I delete all data, play the game again and read all the stories... Anyone else noticed this?

Anyone contacted bracket games' support? (I have with no response), or has anyone tweeted @bracket_games? (I don't have twitter)

Still trying to get my Benji achievement to unlock, tried a lot of stuff and after going to the game hub apparently I have completed 250% of the extras and it goes up 20% if I delete all data, play the game again and read all the stories... Anyone else noticed this?

Anyone contacted bracket games' support? (I have with no response), or has anyone tweeted @bracket_games? (I don't have twitter)

well i can say its still wont unlock after 3 months. oh plus my extra progress is at 360% and on my friends list it says 100%

Contacted Xbox support and they have had a lot of reports of these achievement bugs. They asked to contact the developer who is non responsive and probably not going to fix anything.

One of my buddies got some response from the Dev but nothing conclusive. Its best to go after them on twitter IMO

Contacted Xbox support and they have had a lot of reports of these achievement bugs. They asked to contact the developer who is non responsive and probably not going to fix anything.

One of my buddies got some response from the Dev but nothing conclusive. Its best to go after them on twitter IMO

Had a positive response from the Zach (the dev), he is looking into it and talking to M$ for help.

He sounds like he genuinely wants it sorted so hopefully it will be.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, Zach from [bracket]games here. I've had a hell of a time figuring out what could be causing the achievement issues. I've combed through all of the code relating to achievements and I'm not finding any issues, but it may be that something is going on that I simply don't understand yet.

The issue appears random and I'm not entirely sure if all the achievements are affected or if it's just a few. I'm still trying to figure out what the problem is, but if any of you are willing to let me know a few more details about how the issue came about it could be a huge help.

Just a few simple questions to get things started:

Which achievements won't unlock for you?

Were you able to unlock any achievements after one that should have unlocked failed to?

Were you connected to the internet/was Xbox Live down when the achievement failed to unlock?

Was more than one player logged into the console was the achievement failed to unlock?

I wish I had a way to figure out the answer to these questions on my end, but I just don't have any way to check these things, let alone get a clear picture of how many people are affected.

I'm sorry and embarrassed that people are having issues, especially since I haven't been able to find a solution yet. If we can find a solution, I'll push a patch ASAP.

(By the way, if you'd rather shoot me an e-mail, you can reach me at [email protected])

Hey all, Zach from [bracket]games here. I've had a hell of a time figuring out what could be causing the achievement issues. I've combed through all of the code relating to achievements and I'm not finding any issues, but it may be that something is going on that I simply don't understand yet.

The issue appears random and I'm not entirely sure if all the achievements are affected or if it's just a few. I'm still trying to figure out what the problem is, but if any of you are willing to let me know a few more details about how the issue came about it could be a huge help.

I'll bet you have, takes ages to go through code sometimes and find stupid issues that can sometimes amount to a single silly mistake....or it's just hard to find because of some obscure reason. I feel your pain as a programmer myself. Either way, after this game glitched today for me and I got annoyed it's nice to developer actually posting on these forums rather than ignoring the issue and never fixing it. That's now put me in a bit more of a hopeful mood. Thank you! I really hope this gets fixed.

The "Home" Achievement only, the others unlocked all just fine with no issues.

Were you able to unlock any achievements after one that should have unlocked failed to?

Not in this game no, but that's more because it was the last Achievement that glitched. The details are the following:

My last Achievements to do were the ones in the menu which I did from top to bottom. Radio, Stories and then the photos option.

Immediately after this, I got a little confused as I was under the assumption that the last Achievement would unlock similarly to the way a Platinum trophy does on PlayStation games, just automatically.

I went back to look at the roadmap for the game here and surely enough, it seemed that way. After some Googling, I found there was another cutscene that had not yet happened for me. Now, eventually, I *did* get the cutscene after simply realising that I hadn't yet pressed B to go back to the main menu.

At this point I'm thinking that this must be where you unlock the Achievement, but the cutscene ends and no Achievement. Why this might be of some relevance (maybe) is because I (due to my own stupidity) left the system for about 30 mins-1 hour while going to get some food and Google why I wasn't unlocking the Achievement. Leaving the system maybe (I don't know) confused the game into thinking that when I backed out of the menu and got the final cutscene not to then unlock the final Achievement.

A few more things, sorry that this is long.

Firstly, the Game Hub for the game (when you press Start on the game (or whatever they call that button on the controller these days) and go to the "Game Hub" section) and then in the Achievements tab under Game Progress it says 100%, then it says under Extras Progress also 100% even though I have not unlocked the Achievement. I've read around and seen that apparently people somehow have over 100% (I think from starting the game again after deleting their game save, maybe the game also and re-downloading it). Some people also say that they have not got the final cutscene in the same way that I did and that they have had to complete either the main story or epilogue again and after this, it has unlocked. However, even though I already got the cutscene (might be why) I tried this and the cutscene did not appear again. It also doesn't matter what I try, but I just cannot seem to get this cutscene to play again. Does this have something to do with it?

However, this also seems contradictory to this Achievement solution over at True Achievements which reads "What I do know, is that you do not need the "cutscene" with the car if you complete the main story and don't choose the epilogue right away. I didn't see this scene and couldn't trigger it either." so we know that at least one person ulocked it without seeing the final cutscene. The same solution also says that "You DO NOT have to get the "20 Miles Out" achievement for this one. " which would possibly suggest that this may or may not have something to with why they did not get the cutscene, nevertheless, their Achievement unlocked which we know because it's on the solution writers Gamer Card.

It would seem to suggest that this person unlocked the Achievement in a glitchy manner as I read this "'had one last chat.'" is the text that appears after the Achievement unlocks which is verified as true according to the solution here. You're the developer though, so you already knew that that's what the Achievement read after unlocking it. Either way, the text suggests that it is intended that you view the cutscene before unlocking the Achievement which is why I say that the first solution unlocked it in a glitchy manner.

Another thing that we should consider here is the possible relation of the other Achievements to this one. As in, is this Achievement supposed to unlock automatically after the second to last Acheivement or is it supposed to unlocked simply when you do the last thing that you have not yet done. What is the trigger of unlocking this Achievement?...or what are the *triggers* of unlocking this Achievement? If another Achievement has not yet unlocked and this one has, it suggests that this is not an Achievement that is supposed to unlock after you have unlocked the final Achievement. Maybe something that could be done here (due to the already apparent inconsistency of the Achievement) is that it could become one of those automatic Achievements? That's what the description says anyway "Finish main story, epilogue, and all extras." which some people including myself have interpreted it as.

I have more to say on this part, but it's getting long and my fiancé wants to watch a film, so I'll come back to this.

Were you connected to the internet/was Xbox Live down when the achievement failed to unlock?

No, it was today (14th February 2016).

Was more than one player logged into the console was the achievement failed to unlock?

No, just me (KaibaChaos).

I wish I had a way to figure out the answer to these questions on my end, but I just don't have any way to check these things, let alone get a clear picture of how many people are affected.

There is a way! Well, to answer some of those questions which is better than none. I'm going to compile some statistics on this using people over at TrueAchievements using the data here. Hopefully that will help. I'm also going to message as many people as I can individually. I kind of go a bit crazy trying to find a solution when something like this is glitched in case you couldn't already tell lol.

I'm sorry and embarrassed that people are having issues, especially since I haven't been able to find a solution yet. If we can find a solution, I'll push a patch ASAP.

(By the way, if you'd rather shoot me an e-mail, you can reach me at [email protected])

Yeah, I got embarrassed before too. Stupid code. Anyway, I'll post more info soon, hopefully tomorrow.

Right, so continuing from yesterday with details on what may or may not have happened with this Achievement, it's all speculation but all possible.

Something else which may be causing mine and other people issues (specifically talking about the "Home" Achievement here still) is that this is an easy GamerScore game. I'm sure as the developer, you want people to play your game for what it is and not simply for the 1000 GamerScore that it comes with. However, unfortunately like it or not this community among other Achievement communities (in addition to Trophy communities) also generally play games like Hannah Montana and Barbie for points.

You might now be asking why that is relevant here? Well, if you look at how you get the 1000 GamerScore in this game, you can see that actually it's very simple, if you want it done as quick as possibly you can generally hold the RT button and mash the X and A buttons for 30 minutes until the story is over...repeat again and then for the Epilogue with some variation on some of the Achievements that require specific dialogue. Now, I don't really know whether it's relevant here but I know that one of the mistakes I make when coding sometimes is forgetting that sometimes people like to go a bit crazy. When I'm making an application I normally click a button, see if the process works and that's that (well, of course I test every combination I can think of!), we don't have any kind of QA team being a 4 person company. Anyway, what I mean by people going crazy is clicking said button over and over again in random places with different variations that was never intended. I find in applications (note, not talking about games here) that this makes them act a bit weird and then they throw some kind of error or produce an unexpected result. I think that this is another possible scenario here.

Sad to say, but that's what I did. I hate saying that to a developer but I did buy your game for the points and not the game itself. That doesn't mean your game was bad or anything (I've played some terrible games for points!), but it does mean that I didn't pay much attention to what was actually going on. It could be my Game of the Year for all I know. Maybe other people in the Achievement community did the same, in mashing buttons and causing unexpected results? Was this tested for?

Next point is an obvious one is that I can't find anyone on either PlayStation or Steam complaining about this. Presumably the only affected platform is Xbox One.

In the last post I mentioned statistics, no far I've been busy writing this and gathering general points from in my head and around the internet but I will be working on them next. If I don't see a reply here I'm going to send you an email or tweet, it would be appreciated if I got a response as I am putting in a great deal of work in an attempt to fix this. In my job, failure is not an option and I pride myself in doing all I can to do the best job possible and I always, 100% of the time without fail find a solution or alternative. I know you haven't found any issues, but people, including myself clearly do have issues. So let me ask you, are you determined to get this resolved no matter what, or is failure an option here because meh, you got your money anyway? That sounds a little harsh, but personally that's the way I'd be looking at it. Unfortunately, the latter isn't good for business.

A quick glance over the available data to see how many people are affected shows a fair few. Took me only a moment to find that the following people have Home but do not have X Achievement depending on who you pick:

CRAZE KILER

TangerineGamer

BlowDiablo

DivineShot626

So yeah, people are affected. Specifically one person (WeighingBrute), glancing over again has set their status to "3/4 home glitched achievement canon glitched robbed me of the completion". How many percentage wise? Let's find out.

Finally, I'd like to mention how far I'm willing to go to make sure that this is fixed. Firstly, anything that I can do to help, then I'll do it. If that means I have to record myself playing the game in some sort of specific manner and post it here or send it to you then so be it. If you want to chat over Skype and for me to show you anything specific, then so be it. If you're in the UK and I have to get on the train and bring my Xbox One to you and physically show you (I'm in the South of England, I don't care if you're in Scotland) then so be it...actually that last one is a little crazy, but I'm not beyond that level of commitment if it comes to it. Basically, I want to make sure that this is fixed so please you do your best and the community will also do it's part.

Hi again Zach, in response to your questions:

For me it is the Benji achievement, I have all others including Home

I personally left the Extras achievements until the end from what I remember and got the radio, photo and home achievements after reading all stories

Yes

No

What I have noticed is that my stats on the One - where you can compare against friends - my Extras progress is up to 250%

If I delete my save, do the story again to unlock the extras, and read the stories again that goes up by another 20% ... not sure if that helps but it's what I noticed

Also if I do that then the game seems to save at the last page of each story, however if I don't delete the save and just reload the game it seems to only save after the last page of the first story read (doesn't matter which)

On the back of that I was thinking if MS can clear the cloud data at their end I could replay and the game starting with the stats at 0% ..... MS support have said they can't do that for me though

Hi Zach i've been having this problem since October 10 2015 so its been 5 months now i am going to answer some of your questions down below

For me it's on the radio achievement, i have everything else but this

i think the extras was locked until after i beat the game then the extras was unlocked

Yes i was connected to the internet but Xbox live was down all day but i was still able to get achievements

No only me my gamertag is VII Angel Wings

Glad you decided to take the advice of many of us on Twitter that asked you guys to post on this forum.

I purchased the game on my dummy account that has some leftover cash in it and played it through normally while connected to the Internet and logged in on Live.

By Benji

70 of 100

Home

These did not unlock for me

I ended up trying the following

Buying the game on my main account (Rooster)

Playing it through again with and without being connected to live

Clean formatted my second cx box console including saves. Reinstalled only

Three Fourths Home and played it through again.

Tried playing in on a friends console in another country

These still will not pop and totally ruined my completion on the account.

I am hoping you guys and MSFT don't keep passing the buck and blaming each other or us gamers. Please get it fixed.

Thank You

Please note that Digerati is blocking people who report this achievement bug and they blame us..the gamers or Microsoft for it. One of the guys, Crunch who initially started reporting this was blocked. This was also the guy who kept posting a link to this forum. Not Nice !

One of my buddies and my wife is having an issue with the same 3 achievs not unlocking and he has tried all the suggestions made by users on this site and twitter.

Hey all.

Thank you so much for your replies and, once again, I am sorry that this is happening.

And I'm also sorry if it seems like blame is being passed around on my end, I just have absolutely no idea why this would be happening. I'll get it figured out.

I'll use the information y'all have given me to comb through my code again to see if maybe I missed something, while I get in contact with Unity to see if something might be happening on that front.

I'll try to keep everyone informed through this thread as I find things out.

And, as always, you can also always reach me at [email protected]

-Zach

Hey all.

Thank you so much for your replies and, once again, I am sorry that this is happening.

And I'm also sorry if it seems like blame is being passed around on my end, I just have absolutely no idea why this would be happening. I'll get it figured out.

I'll use the information y'all have given me to comb through my code again to see if maybe I missed something, while I get in contact with Unity to see if something might be happening on that front.

I'll try to keep everyone informed through this thread as I find things out.

And, as always, you can also always reach me at [email protected]

-Zach

Thanks for the update, hope you manage to find a fix. It seems that gathering these statistics is a fair amount of work than I had originally anticipated without direct access to them. Nevertheless, I have gathered some data:

We know that 80.38% of people have the 1,000 points. 3,563 Total people were checked.

I can see 98 people that have less than 1,000 but more than or equal to 800. All of these 98 people are glitched because if they have 800, it means that Home simply hasn't unlocked such as myself. If they have anything more than 800, then they must have the Home Achievement, but some other Achievement has glitched instead.

So, factoring that we now know that of the 3,563 GamerTags that were looked at that 2.75% of people at minimum have a glitched Achievement. This does not account for people with lower GamerScore in the game and assumes that none of them are glitched so not to inflate the statistics.

Anyone been able to view the home cutscene more than once, I think if I trigger it for a second time then home might pop. I managed to view the cutscene before I had the three times round achievement so I think I confused the game

It might be that part of the problem that you can't see the cutscene more than once (I can't either). However, I did get the cutscene after all of the rest of the Achievements so it wasn't out of order...so I don't know :S.

Ok, so deleted my save, uninstalled and resin stalled game, and played the whole thing through again....managed to get the home "cutscene" again but the achievement did not pop. So still broken for me!

Made sure the home achievement was the very last thing I needed to do as well