Missing notes

EyeOfRage7

Is anyone else having problems with hitting notes? I know I'm hitting the right button and strumming at the right time but sometimes if I'm strumming down a lot it will just miss notes or randomly end my streak. Is anyone having similar problems and how do you fix it?

Not just you guys. Lots of people are having the same issue and I believe it is a hardware issue with the guitar. There are even a couple of youtube clips of people showcasing the problem.

The strum bar on this version of the guitar seems to be the culprit. And it appears to be really shoddy. In particular, it is the down strum that is going out for most people.

My first one lasted 5 hours/ish before it started to do the either no registering the strum or registering randomly 1 to 3 strums.

I returned it to gamestop thinking it was just damaged in shipping and picked up another one. My new one lasted only an hourish before the exact same issue started happening again.

Resetting, calibration after endless calibration etc. did nothing to solve the issue once it surfaced.

This was extremely frustrating because of how much fun the game is when it works properly. But then again its 2015 so why should they bother shipping a product that actually works. Anyway, returned the second one and put my money toward fallout and battlefront.

You had one last chance plastic instrument genre and you blew it.

So basically the guitar is preventing us from getting 100% in this game? Bc there is a couple achievements that deal with doing a full combo and hitting 100% of the notes in 5 songs on expert.

I will never get that anyway, so it won't be the guitar stopping me from 100%. :)

Played for a few hours last night and didn't really notice anything. Let's hope it hasn't affected EVERY guitar

I will never get that anyway, so it won't be the guitar stopping me from 100%. :)

Played for a few hours last night and didn't really notice anything. Let's hope it hasn't affected EVERY guitar

There is always hope. But I also noticed other than missing notes is that once in a while the song would skip and get really laggy. At one point my tv screen went black for a couple of seconds and came back on. This has never happened when I played any other game.

I find some different problem for you to reference.

I have a external ssd in back usb port.

I place guitar receiver in back usb port.

If I install GH game in external ssd, and launcher the game.

The input is crappy in GH Live mode. Can't even play any song.

But if works fine in GH TV mode.

So I move GH game to internal hd, and reboot the game.

Now GH Live mode works fine as GH TV mode.

I think the usb mass storage interrupt block the controller interrupt or something similar.

So change a usb port as dad198 said could be a solution.

And if you install in external storage then try to move it to internal storage.