Is it bad I'm planning on this not selling well?

I like to play Betas. Signed up for this one thinking it'd be a nice hour or two time sink. After the first game, I was blown away. It was really addicting and even with the handful of maps available, they felt fresh each game. Finding a new entrance or a weak spot was an exhilarating experience.

And yet, I hesitate to pre order because I feel like the general population will pass on this because of the lack of story and MP focused portion (see: Titanfall).

I just wanted to gauge other people's views and opinions on this. Will it be a Day One for you? Will you wait for a possible steep price drop? No doubt this game will be fantastic, but I would love to get the Gold Edition for a better price especially if it goes on a 20% cut within the first few months.

See you on the roofs eventually, Operators!

• 4 weeks later...
And yet, I hesitate to pre order because I feel like the general population will pass on this because of the lack of story and MP focused portion (see: Titanfall)

My thoughts exactly. All the trailers I've seen pumped me up for this, but I'm worried the online presence won't last long.

Day One for me - I have loads of other games that are single player campaign only. I am concerned by the number of arseholes playing the open beta though :( keeping everything crossed they don't buy the game.

The one downside of having friendly fire in a game - way too many team kills on purpose - I was in a game where some 12 year old kid shot our team mate because he took down his barricade to get out of the room, I mean come on!!

I've just preordered it and really cannot say if it's bad or not to wait for a game to become cheap or to wait and see how the population evolves.

I think it's an awesome multiplayer game with nice and fair unlocks.

And well, if it's bad or not ^^ .... It's your decision if you want to get a bargain purchase and risk lower population or simply pay the full price and get the most out of the game. And for Titanfall: that game is still populated. Not as much as during the first year, but still. And Siege will be a lot easier to find matches even with lower population, because you probably don't have to play a pseudo-campaign on specific maps.

But really, I doubt that the game will become too empty at least for a year or so. It's a pretty awesome Counter Strike replacement for the console.

im a huge fan of rainbow six games, and although im kinda disappointed in no campaign i definitely want to pick this up at some point. had way too much fun playing the beta the past few days with some friends. no way am i buying it day one though, with the server problems present in the beta just days before launch i think im gonna wait a little bit.

Mine is already paid for on Amazon.. It's refreshing to get a good tactical shooter.. Instead of the plethora of run and gun tripe that's shovelled out these days.. Server issues are a bummer, but my main concern is retards.. Whether it's team killing or just the lone wolf attitude some beta players have, it seems the concept of teamwork is lost on some people

Mine is already paid for on Amazon.. It's refreshing to get a good tactical shooter.. Instead of the plethora of run and gun tripe that's shovelled out these days.. Server issues are a bummer, but my main concern is retards.. Whether it's team killing or just the lone wolf attitude some beta players have, it seems the concept of teamwork is lost on some people

I'm honestly looking forward to playing this. I have lots of pre-cum on my friend's list who I know are getting it, so finding a squad to play this shouldn't be hard for me at all :).

I have really enjoyed playing the beta, although there was a huge uptick of intentional team killers once it went open I am hoping that the majority of those are not the people willing to spend $60 to play the actual game.

• 2 weeks later...
Honestly, a lot of old-school Rainbow 6 players despised the cover system... I didn't play the original games, but I personally was not a fan of it, either. And this game being mostly competitive MP, it just wouldn't make any sense to have it.

I am an "old-school" player and lover of the game and if we "despised" the cover system so much then why were we complaining that it's not present in the new one......if you never played the other games, then you have nothing to compare let alone nothing relevant to even comment on.....Good for you that your opinion that it "wouldn't make any sense to have it" is just that, your opinion....and while i respect the fact that it is just that, your opinion, i will say thank you for not inundating the game with fly-by gamers who are simply on a "fix" to complete just another game......leave the game alone to those of us who enjoy it for what it is, and not have to tolerate your kind on a daily basis.........this from a guy who has no friends and is on a code of conduct ban........good day.......:ass

Edited by Antagonist Goose

Played R6 since the original on the N64, R6 3 being my all time fav followed by R6V1 and I have to say at first I was a little disappointed that they removed the cover system, however I feel prone replaced it, lean is really good too and gives an advantage over alot of players because they are "CoDheads" who aren't using it.

Personally I love the operators, one or two need tweeks but overall it's really well done, balanced and fun. The issue I have is that I stopped playing CS years ago, the 1 death/round based game type I love but the lack of respawn game types is a little boring after time.

Also I want team leader back.

• 2 weeks later...