How's everyone like it?

Birth Mark

I know it's only the first day but what are your thoughts so far? A worthy successor? kinda bad? Think it will last you more then a week?

For me I haven't did the campaign yet, by I am in love with the multiplayer. The only things I dislike have to be

-The main menu, idk why it just feels underwhelming

-Map rotation. I played the same game 4 times in a row in war zone.

-Arena maps are bland, they all look like they are in a factory. They all have good layouts and spawns though.

Otherwise was it worth the $60?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hating the MP. Warzone was over hyped & just bland. Weapons feel worse than Halo 4 & Halo 3. Halo MP maps feel like cheap Forge fan made maps from Halo 3. Never cared about the story so may just play campaign & skip cutscenes for just the achievements. Honestly I've already put the game up on EBay & Craigslist

Campaign is brilliant so is multiplayer but my god warzone is so boring def a mode I wont be playing alot just nothing going on in the big empty maps. But swat and that new one life mode is bloody brilliant played 30 games each mode yesterday haha recovering today though. But I am a bit gutted how the maps are not git a lot of life in them as previous halos seem empty to me and not enough colour but will be more coming so hopefully better.

feeling underwhelmed to say the least

can't find a controller style i'm 100% happy with, best i have is halo 4's and even that isn't perfect. Campaign hasn't felt too much like halo, won't spoil it but the 4th mission for instance was a pointless joke, and the multplayer is no where near as fun as any of the ones made by bungie, so i'm dreding the inevitible dlc achievements.

I know it's only the first day but what are your thoughts so far? A worthy successor? kinda bad? Think it will last you more then a week?

For me I haven't did the campaign yet, by I am in love with the multiplayer. The only things I dislike have to be

-The main menu, idk why it just feels underwhelming

-Map rotation. I played the same game 4 times in a row in war zone.

-Arena maps are bland, they all look like they are in a factory. They all have good layouts and spawns though.

Otherwise was it worth the $60?

This is tough for me to say, I absolutely loved halo back in the hayday...but its really lost its touch :(

Campaign is still great - as a coop shooter - but I've no fucking clue whats going on, it's like they're grasping at straws to keep Cortana in the game at all costs.

I would've absolutely preferred to cut out the Osiris squad parts and stick with blue team for 15 levels, idgaf about locke.

And then the story would maybe make sense...

Multiplayer?

Well, I hit Onyx in Swat, so not too much complaints in the basic modes like swat and slayer.

Breakout is interesting, I've no fucking clue what the rules are though, shieldless but no headshots? What's going on. Not too much of a problem, unless you're teams a bunch of pansies it's easy to beat randoms.

Warzone:

Warzone was over hyped & just bland

This ten times over

This was supposed to be their amazing big multiplayer mode that everyone will play.

Just bring back BTB, warzone is balls...it's essentially who gets more than one tank first.

Which then boils down to who is lucky enough to get a tank in those stupid packs.

Which then boils down even more to "you don't play multiplayer enough, therefore you can't buy packs and stand a chance vs people who have tanks and powers and heavies"

Just give us the fun mode, the halo modes, like infection and griffball, and heck, ricochet, that shit was class.

EDIT:

My biggest pet hate of all -

Customisation options are unlocked through req packs, and as far as I am aware at time of writing, through req packs only.

Very, VERY poor show there...

Edited by wo ai ni xx

Fuck I hate Warzone. Either a game is super close or a total lopsided clusterfuck. Played 10 matches of it, the 3 wins my team has got were super close. Every loss was brutal. Last loss was 1000-320. Every review said this is revolutionary and will change other games MP, blah blah, horse shit. This is a pay to win mode. You gotta suffer through several matches to earn enough REQ points for the gold packs, which is the only decent ones, OR just buy them with real money OR if you want to skip right to the end, buy the Warzone pack for $25.

The other MP is fun, but I'm so soured on Warzone, the mode that was hyped to be a full game within a game.

edit: Just opened a gold pack & a bunch of one use cards, one helmet variant. Goddammit.

Edited by HDresden

Campaign is a huge letdown. Confusing as hell and it just doesn't feel like Halo. Halo 4 was a better Campaign for sure. All that marketing they did that centered around "Chief vs Locke" and "Hunter becomes the Hunted" is COMPLETE bullcrap. The Campaign is nothing like that.

Multiplayer is meh. It's not bad, but it's still not as good as Halo 3's. (Best Halo multiplayer ever).

Honestly, once I get all the achievements, and am satisfied I've played enough multiplayer that I'm not missing out on anything, I'll be jumping back into Halo MCC and playing Halo 3.

343 just doesn't have the same touch with Halo that Bungie did.

I'm loving it, and I knew I would. It's one of my favorite franchises. And even though I suck so hard at multiplayer, I still find Warzone incredibly fun. I haven't tried any of the other modes yet. I'm only on mission 4 in the story but it's fun on heroic still by myself (I have no friends to co-op). It's so nice to finally have scope and sprint!

I like the game, but I am not in love with the game. The cinematics are amazing, but the plot itself is so-so ( havent finished yet, on mission 8 I think, so my opinion may change ). Warzone is what I have played about 95% so far. Where is KotH, zombies, oddball, team snipers, doubles, all those awesome halo MP playlist? Is there any plans to bring those in? Those were the things I was expecting at launch, not just 5 MP game modes.

For me at this time it is very mixed, firstly I was disappointed with the campaign's length as it only took me 5 hours on solo normal, my ass an average of 8 like they said.

The actual plot itself I am very mixed on. I for one did like Locke as a character, he just comes across as an awesome new protagonist (his voice helps) and Buck is easily likable thanks to Nathan Fillion. The other 2 in Osiris had no development apart from one speaks elite and that's it, can't even remember their names. Blue team obviously has backstory from fall of Reach so some people would know who they are.

I also loved in the campaign that we finally get to see the Arbiter/Covenant war.

However there was 3 problems I had with the story:

1) MILD SPOILERS - Jul 'Mdama, I mean really.....WTF, since watching the Spartan Ops cut scenes and then finding out arbiter was going to be back from the H2:A intro I imagined a Honour Duel or something to end the war. But they kill him off in the first mission like a chump? Really?

2) The complete mis-marketing of Hunt the Truth

3) The ending, no spoilers, but this is what I feared Halo 4's would be like. As we know this was a new trilogy there is obviously going to be a Halo 6, but unlike 4's ending which made it feel like a self contained story this is just the cliff hanger that Halo 2's was. This isn't too bad as I'd rather 5 have the bad ending and 6 to have a good one.

Multiplayer I haven't had much time in, warzone is ok but at time feels very empty, from the trailers I thought AI will be coming in all the time, not just at set time intervals, though it is fun with friends. I'm surprised that I'm actually enjoying arena, usually with every Halo I lean more towards BTB and more causal game modes but there's something about 5's gameplay that draws me into it.

To be honest I do like the game, my on really disappointment is the thing I love most about Halo, CUSTOM GAMES and FORGE. No infection, grifball, vehicle maps or forge at launch, have to wait til December for it.

I havent played campaign yet, but so far I HATE multiplayer. I am going to finish the MP achievements and then go back to MCC. I will COOP the campaign with my buddy, then probably sell this pile of fuck. IDK why, i just cannot get into the MP. Maybe I just suck, but from the other comments on here, I do not think i am in the minority here.

^^^^ definitely this halo online has to be played with mates makes it far better and a good laugh. But think it wouldn't be as good solo playing prob boring that was the good thing about halo 3 was fun to play either solo or with party.

I have a lot of little gripes with it. Prepare to cringe my legion of haters!

Multiplayer:

- it doesn't feel like halo anymore, with the Call of Duty "1 shot kill" mentality running rampant in here, it doesn't require anywhere near the skill level halo Reach once enjoyed. Gone are the skill based DMR duels and bloom and the ability to retreat and fire back. It's very much whoever saw the other first, wins.

- REQ system kinda sucks. It's not explained in game how to actually use it so when I am level 8 and for some reason cannot access the 200 ghost cards I've accumulated, I'm left wondering wtf is going on, as I'm one shotted from the distance.

- having to stop sprinting to regen shields / life is a curious game mechanic. Why do I essentially have to hide (like a bitch) or walk at a comparitavely snails pace to recover is beyond reason. Why can't a super soldier 5XX years in the future recharge his shields while he runs. I would prefer not being able to Spartan charge during shield recharge versus shield recharging not happening.

- Spartan charge.... Meh. I find it rather disorienting and it only seems to do what I want t to do every 6th or 10th time. Other times it doesn't lock on (even when the reticule is red) or it does dick all for damage. I feel that if I am putting myself out there that much the payoff should be greater. Especially from behind. All I do is drain shields 99% of the time. With the "one shot one kill call of duty" mechanic this game seems to have, they just one shot me after they get flung across the room, and I get nothing for my troubles, skills, stalking, and supposedly getting the upper hand on people.

- map rotation is pure garbage. The maps themselves aren't really that great. I am trying to knock out the multiplayer achievements because I don't play PVP regularly (see all my reasons above for a quick reminder), but in warzone, I've never once got the third map (breakout or whatever it's called). So after 5-6 hours of playing warzone, I have yet to see all the maps... There's only 3, and I am not allowed to see them all? The achievement is 100x worse because it's WIN on all 3 maps, I've never seen it! Let alone being able to win on it!

Single player:

- when they said they would be catering to people who have read the books, they weren't lying. I have no idea who any of these people are or anything that's going on. I understand the base story but have no idea who any of these fucks are. If someone has actually read this far into this rant and has cliff notes, please pass them along.

- almost all of the campaign areas are open spaces. There's enemies everywhere and it's impossible to figure out just what's going on amongst all the fire.

- your fire team is pretty stupid on Heroic, I'm scared to think what's gonna happen on Legendary difficulty.

- I remember Halo 3s assault rifle feeling like its shooting cotton balls at the enemy, I now feel that way about 75-80% of the weapons in the game. Enemies seem like they take a bazillion shots and you have no real way of indicating how you are doing damage, unless it's a knight and you see his armour fly off.

Overall:

- almost all of the weapons have changed. Some for good (magnum, even though it feels underpowered) to worse (incineration cannon getting weird hold to fire mechanics)

- the ADS is okay, even though I'm hearing that it doesn't actually make a difference besides slight spread reduction on some weapons. It kinda makes me wonder why bother to include it if this is how it works. However I understand that this was because people would bitch about the mechanic either way. ADS, even though it's "not halo" kinda belongs in it, but turf all those other things that make it feel like a redlined Destiny/CoD

- the games characters don't feel like they actually belong in it IMHO. I've noticed a weird "diversity for diversity sakes" vibe. Like even worse than AC Unity and Syndicate. Even in MCC in certain levels of halo 2 if you press back for the old and new graphic their races change from white to black, or even white to yellow. In this game, there's 2 fire teams, 2 women on each, 1 black man on each, and 1 white man on each. Granted I don't care about this but it seems like they are just ticking boxes on a piece of paper that Anita Sarkeesian delivered to 343 headquarters taped to a brick. It just feels like SJWs will use this game as an example of a victory and that'll kill Halo for me foreverz

Edited by lornesbored

- when they said they would be catering to people who have read the books, they weren't lying. I have no idea who any of these people are or anything that's going on. I understand the base story but have no idea who any of these fucks are. If someone has actually read this far into this rant and has cliff notes, please pass them along.

I hate when they do this. Mass Effect 3 did the same and I felt lost and subsequently lost the plot. I understand catering to the die hard fans but at least include some sort of catch-up for those of us who just play the games.

I hate when they do this. Mass Effect 3 did the same and I felt lost and subsequently lost the plot. I understand catering to the die hard fans but at least include some sort of catch-up for those of us who just play the games.

Even when they are catering to the die hard fans, they want like EXPERT level die hard fans. I own all games, all re releases, own a halo 3 console, bought he master chief controller. But I didn't read the books / comics so I'm lost.

Even when they are catering to the die hard fans, they want like EXPERT level die hard fans. I own all games, all re releases, own a halo 3 console, bought he master chief controller. But I didn't read the books / comics so I'm lost.

I'm in the same boat as in having played all the games. The only reading I've done was a synopsis of one of the recent books which explained how Buck went from ODST to a Spartan. I might read some more of those before I start the game but it's still frustrating.

I'm in the same boat as in having played all the games. The only reading I've done was a synopsis of one of the recent books which explained how Buck went from ODST to a Spartan. I might read some more of those before I start the game but it's still frustrating.

I didn't even read that and they casually mention it with a 3 or 4 word sentence in the story, to which I have no clue about, I just shrugged my shoulders like I'm sure a lot of people will be doing.

If shit is required reading, attach it to the game box so all of us can enjoy the game.

I had a ton of fun with Warzone (only thing I've played so far). The one things I wish is that the boss kills would spread the points out based on damage, both on your own team and the other. Top damage dealer gets 50% and the next two get 25% each or something. Rather than someone hanging back with a spartan laser and stealing the kill. And the map rotation definitely needs tweaked. Played the snow map six times and beach twice, never saw the third.

Other than that, it was awesome. It's the best of Titanfall and Battlefield's control modes mixed with some MOBA mechanics. Rushing to a boss is always exciting. Getting a higher REQ level and bringing in a Scorpion to swing the tide, or sneaking up to an enemy tank that thought they were going to do so and blowing it up always feels epic. I like the smaller bosses basically acting as power weapon spawns as well, that feels fluid and fits with the theme.

Graphics are fairly weak but with the game running smooth as hell, matchmaking super quick, and just an overall fun experience I don't care in the least.

Edited by The Pants Party

About 3/4 way through campaign, and i think the story is awful, there is no structure. However the gameplay is smooth, i like all the new moves and boosts. Driving or flying is smooth. Weapons have some new sounds but some weapons are disappointing, grenades too.

Anyone else feeling some serious bullshit in the MP? From what I can tell and maybe I just suck, but nothing seems consistent. I can hit someone with several magnum headshots and they don't die, but the assault rifle can pick me off from across the map? Splash damage seems random. I've been killed by one melee hit (and done the same) with full shields, yet sometimes not (it wasn't a charge, he was standing still).

Also noticed if you want to leave MP, you better back out of the lobby fast as hell, cause it's happened several times now where I clicked leave lobby and it before I could, it started loading the next game, which if you leave, you get bad rep from 343 & could face bans.

So, with this game. It is hard to explain how this works. This game is different. It's not halo. The campaign looks good, a bit fun especially the collectibles that's always nice. No couch coop. I can kinda understand. Feel like bungie would've made it happen. I find myself ignoring cutscenes and only paying attention to master chief. The guns "built from the ground up" you can say that. I like the feel the guns give and the X when you hit people. As for multiplayer. A disaster. 5 regular game modes. 2 basically the same game modes in war zone. Cheaply made maps looks like people made them in forge. Keep getting the same maps. Find myself only playing swat, because If your like me, you want a BR. In swat 4/10 times you'll get that. Other than that you'll get swatnums, a very dull and boring game mode. Don't want it? Too bad no voting system. Go to team slayer it's 8 people fight over two BRs. We just kinda have to accept this isn't halo. If you want to play halo we have the master chief collection luckily. If you feel like trying this crap. Sure grab it