Official Bitching Thread

Master Sieder

As the Title says bitching thread to talk about everything we dislike or if we are having problems with the game remember most the people posting in this thread have already finished the game expect Spoilers.

(Common Dislikes)

Story

No local Co-Op

No forge day one

Team AI's

Spawns in SWAT

Legendary Health

Let's keep this thread clean but not to clean it's a bitching thread after all.

Edited by Master Sieder
Keeping Thread Clean

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Nobody seems to have play tested a solo campaign on Legendary as the AI is shocking

- no matchmaking for campaign

- repetitive campaign, clear area of prometheans, press a button, repeat for the WHOLE game

- Cheap from 343 to extend the campaign by making you fight the same boss 4 times and not even different versions, literally the same boss but in bigger numbers

- only 3 warzone maps that have identical side missions each time you play- why not copy destiny and make a map have multiple side missions that randomly trigger?

- no forge, firefight - yes it will be DLC but why can't you just buy a complete game?

Warzone & the REQ system is pay to win. To earn enough points for a gold pack, minimum 4 matches of warzone and about 90-120 minutes. Then opening the pack, you may not even get anything beyond some single use weapon cards and maybe an emblem. The gamer with with deep pockets or their parents credit card can go spend $20 on gold packs & end up with better weapons, vehicle (i.e tanks/scorpions/mantis) cards in a matter of minutes, while the non paying gamer is looking at dozens of matches & hours for the same amount of packs.

I realize that doesn't entirely sway a match one way or not, but if you end up on a team with people who have stacked stuff (cards, better weapons, etc), they will likely win. Get a couple guys spawning tanks & scorpions camping the bases and they will likely win.

Played 14-16 (can't remember exact #) of warzone and after getting the achievements, not going back. Of all those matches, probably about 25-30% were close, the rest were total bombings (1000-320, 1000-219).

My biggest complaint right now:

I don't like that the Slayer gametype is included as a possibility in the team playlist. It's got it's own damned playlist, if I wanted to play straight Slayer, I'd pick that playlist FFS! I want to play objective modes damnit, stop giving me normal Slayer.

/rant

Yup, this exactly.

Sure is nice to be the blue team on breakout, where you kind of blend in to the blue floor & wall.

pretty disappointing and boring campaign. they really overhyped this one.

warzone is fun to play but at the same time its not. iv opened sooo many gold packs now and i just never. i mean never get any vehicles. i started with 1 scorpion,1 wraith and 1 banshee. since their use i have not gained a single one.

i miss big team where i could just go and jump into vehicles. yet other players have loads. i went into a tunnel and there was 3 scorpions and a wraith all on the enemy team.

also there are way to many power weapons around. literally everyone has power weapons, its like the early days of halo 4 which were terrible.

the respawns in swat are stupid. they are literally instant. its far too fast. your just not prepared for it. on top of that you can often respawn where you just died!!! few occassions id get shot and immediately respawn and get shot again. its unfair. your just not mentally prepared to respawn that fast

Multiplayer that caters too much to the MLG360NoSc0PeZmountaindewdoritosxXx420 crowd.

Remember when you jumped into Halo MP for the laughs?

Driving the Elephants into the middle of Sandtrap for the funniest CTF games ever, the flags were 10 foot from each other but it was impossible to capture.

Or grav lift assaults on Avalanche, trying to get that bomb into place was exciting.

Or driving your warthog past the plethora of grenades and rockets on Blood Gulch Remake for reach like something out of mission impossible.

Or dying from a traffic cone.

Long gone are the days

Also, why is the sensitivity so bad? I'm on 10 and it's still terribly slow...

The devs had a news update, saying aiming was in fact tweaked & changed. So it seems like some people have adjusted to it or is comfortable for them, yet a large number of people (including myself) feel really off on it. They didn't rule out changing it depending on the community input.

Team Slayer is incredibly stupid.

It's LITERALLY 8 people fighting over the 2 BRs. And whichever team controls them, wins the game. A pistol cannot beat a BR, especially when your across the map.

No more voting/vetoing, I HATE how the announcer tells you when the power weapons are spawning, it's just a cluster of people running over to them.

Once I get all the achievements, it's back into the MCC and good ol' Halo 3 mulitplayer for me.

343 sucks at making Halo games, just throwing that out there.

I to have opened many gold packs and I get jack I have gotten a few helmets and armours but mostly all common and monster ugly one looks like a fly.

Still waiting on my Pre-order skins.

My pre-order skin was emailed to me yesterday. Hopefully yours is there too.

My biggest complaint right now:

I don't like that the Slayer gametype is included as a possibility in the team playlist. It's got it's own damned playlist, if I wanted to play straight Slayer, I'd pick that playlist FFS! I want to play objective modes damnit, stop giving me normal Slayer.

/rant

Agreed, not sure what the rationale is for this.

Jesus Christ, friendly AI are fucking awful in this game. I don't think I have ever seen AI this stupid in a game before.

I wish the revive mechanic did not exist. A least I wouldn't have to wait for each teammate to run to me and die before restarting the checkpoint.

Edited by xhunterrrr

How about achievements not registering and skulls not appearing? I have definitely done the requirements to unlock the Shoot From the Hip achievement as well as collecting the Thunderstorm skull: I destroyed the traffic cones in the time required, and when I would go to the mission end, the skull wouldn't appear, and the one time it did, it never registered as a skull found...

Jesus Christ, friendly AI are fucking awful in this game. I don't think I have ever seen AI this stupid in a game before.

I wish the revive mechanic did not exist. A least I wouldn't have to wait for each teammate to run to me and die before restarting the checkpoint.

might aswel pause and hit revert checkpoint

I've seen both pretty good & really horrible AI. I'm playing on heroic.

Sometimes they are helpful, laying fire on the enemies, taking strategic positions (high ground, cover) and using the fire on target, took out some knights, turrets and other annoyances.

They also display incredible stupidity though. I've watched all 3 go stand in the corner & do nothing. However the worst (also the most enjoyable) was when all 3 were thwarted by the dastardly knee high ground. I was downed by the Warden & watched all 3 struggle & fail to climb the insurmountable few inches in front of them while they all shouted "on route" "hold on", while Master Chiefs life force ebbed away. Sorry galaxy, you're doomed cause the Spartan army is mentally challenged. RIP Master Chief.

The ending sucked. There is no two butts about it for me. The portrayal of Cortona, the lack of Chief, all the other garbage.

Bah.. I need time to re-coop from this lack of story.

Read the Forerunner Trilogy, DD!

Learn what happened with Mendicant Bias. That's exactly what's happening with Cortana now (to a different extent though). The parallels are amazing. It's Humanity's test to the Mantle.

I only played a few games of MP but it is definitely some of the best MP I've played in a long time. Warzone on the other hand is a bit of a letdown. Maybe I was under the wrong impression as I didn't read much on the game but I expected it to be filled with a lot more enemies. It just feels like a giant game of slayer with the occasional enemy dropping in.

I only played a few games of MP but it is definitely some of the best MP I've played in a long time. Warzone on the other hand is a bit of a letdown. Maybe I was under the wrong impression as I didn't read much on the game but I expected it to be filled with a lot more enemies. It just feels like a giant game of slayer with the occasional enemy dropping in.

Same. I got the impression it had more MOBA influence on it. I didn't realize the AI enemies were just a couple marines at bases and the occasional group that dropped in. Otherwise it is just a large scale zone control game type.