Official Bitching Thread

Master Sieder

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with the Forge comments above - the effort that has gone in to texturing versus placing straight vanilla Forge objects in maps is poor.

On a related but different note why then are there so many objects that clutter around feet level in this game - I'm constantly getting tangled up trying to strafe people due to random ledges or boxes that are out of peripheral vision. Might seem counter to my above comment but Keep it Clean.

And if I hear Steady and Ready again I'm going to throw up.

Finished the game earlier. The difficulty is kind of wonky compared to other Halos. A lot of parts were too easy, except for occasional battles with the forerunners. The covenant were barely a challenge at all.

The battles with the Wardens were brutal in comparison. Not because the Wardens play in a skilled way, but because they feel cheap and the teammates would get in the way every chance they had. It would get so repetitive to almost take those Wardens out, but then have them one shot kill me right before I finished them, usually because the dumb AI teammates would get in the way.

The teammates were really the worst. They ran into me so many times. I would be scoped in, shooting, and one of them would run into me and bump me, making me go off target, numerous times! Or they would run in front of me while I'm shooting.

I couldn't use them strategically very much either. I'd tell the squad to stay in the area I'm in so they can make themselves useful and pick me up from a down, but they only stick around for a bit and then they'd all wander off and get killed. You literally have to repeat yourself every 20-30 seconds with the command to stay close. Then they have that delayed reaction to picking you up. Like it takes them a good 3 seconds for it to register for them that you're down and need help. Just let me die already, why do I have to wait for these bozos.

Anytime I'm not holding the AI teammates' hand and repeatedly telling them to stay nearby they run out into the battle and die. They don't use cover. They stand side by side in narrow corridors preventing you from running behind cover. They repeat the same lines over and over.

Again, that warden. He's not interesting. He's nothing but a huge damage sponge with 2 deadly moves that are a huge pain in the butt when you're distracted with the robot dogs. Not only that, but the designers recycled this boss over and over. Once would have been fine, but 3 or 4x or however much I fought them felt like too much. The rest of the game felt so easy and unbalanced compared to those warden fights.

That said, this was the best looking game I've ever playing, in spit of some of the graphical glitches with textures and shadows abruptly filling in or dropping out while moving. Some of those scenic vistas were nice to look at and I could appreciate the time someone took to put that in.

The story was so so. The whole thing with Cortana going crazy was cheesy and overly dramatic in Halo 4 and H5 is the same. I don't think the new spartan team added anything worthwhile to the story or gameplay. I didn't hate them, but I didn't care about them either.

I took the game back to Lamestop after beating it as the multiplayer felt really lackluster. Campaign was like a 6 out of 10, but multiplayer was only a 3 or a 4. I had fun, but won't play it ever again unless they add Big Team Battle to the playlist.

Finished the game earlier. The difficulty is kind of wonky compared to other Halos. A lot of parts were too easy, except for occasional battles with the forerunners. The covenant were barely a challenge at all.

The battles with the Wardens were brutal in comparison. Not because the Wardens play in a skilled way, but because they feel cheap and the teammates would get in the way every chance they had. It would get so repetitive to almost take those Wardens out, but then have them one shot kill me right before I finished them, usually because the dumb AI teammates would get in the way.

The teammates were really the worst. They ran into me so many times. I would be scoped in, shooting, and one of them would run into me and bump me, making me go off target, numerous times! Or they would run in front of me while I'm shooting.

I couldn't use them strategically very much either. I'd tell the squad to stay in the area I'm in so they can make themselves useful and pick me up from a down, but they only stick around for a bit and then they'd all wander off and get killed. You literally have to repeat yourself every 20-30 seconds with the command to stay close. Then they have that delayed reaction to picking you up. Like it takes them a good 3 seconds for it to register for them that you're down and need help. Just let me die already, why do I have to wait for these bozos.

Anytime I'm not holding the AI teammates' hand and repeatedly telling them to stay nearby they run out into the battle and die. They don't use cover. They stand side by side in narrow corridors preventing you from running behind cover. They repeat the same lines over and over.

Again, that warden. He's not interesting. He's nothing but a huge damage sponge with 2 deadly moves that are a huge pain in the butt when you're distracted with the robot dogs. Not only that, but the designers recycled this boss over and over. Once would have been fine, but 3 or 4x or however much I fought them felt like too much. The rest of the game felt so easy and unbalanced compared to those warden fights.

That said, this was the best looking game I've ever playing, in spit of some of the graphical glitches with textures and shadows abruptly filling in or dropping out while moving. Some of those scenic vistas were nice to look at and I could appreciate the time someone took to put that in.

The story was so so. The whole thing with Cortana going crazy was cheesy and overly dramatic in Halo 4 and H5 is the same. I don't think the new spartan team added anything worthwhile to the story or gameplay. I didn't hate them, but I didn't care about them either.

I took the game back to Lamestop after beating it as the multiplayer felt really lackluster. Campaign was like a 6 out of 10, but multiplayer was only a 3 or a 4. I had fun, but won't play it ever again unless they add Big Team Battle to the playlist.

I have to agree with all of this.

And I am glad to know I wasn't the only one that noticed the difficulty oddities between Covenant and Forerunners. I blasted through Covenant enemies no problem, but the Forerunners are all damage sponges. Even the stupid little dog ones would range from 1 shot to 6+ shots (even when they were shot in the same area).

I have to agree with all of this.

And I am glad to know I wasn't the only one that noticed the difficulty oddities between Covenant and Forerunners. I blasted through Covenant enemies no problem, but the Forerunners are all damage sponges. Even the stupid little dog ones would range from 1 shot to 6+ shots (even when they were shot in the same area).

The dogs have always been damage sponges unless you hit them in the face, but my biggest gripe is that on most of the forerunners you never know if you are even damaging them until 10 shots in a tiny piece of their armour flies off.

I am currently on mission 7 fighting the warden and I'm using the strat of using my fellow Spartans as fodder to distract him so I can shoot him in the back with an incineration cannon. Well that's what I will be doing when I get home from work tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
Like I mention last night on Reddit, these look awful. Really wish we could have just gotten remastered BTB maps if they were adamant on using them as inspiration for Halo 5's sandbox. But I guess I'm not too worried. These are coming out not even a month after release and will help keep people's BTB itch satisfied. Can't see them releasing future DLC all in forge.

AhIFslr.png

http://i.imgur.com/Sxn06Hz.png

I'm just gonna assume they haven't polished up on the textures yet. Looks like a ps2 game

On another note, yea the point distribution system in warzone is a crock of shit. I don't even care that the enemy team can steal it at the last second, but why is it that only 2-3 people get points for killing a boss when it's a team effort. Anyone on the team that kills it that participated should get score for it. Hopefully that gets patched.

I'm just gonna assume they haven't polished up on the textures yet. Looks like a ps2 game

On another note, yea the point distribution system in warzone is a crock of shit. I don't even care that the enemy team can steal it at the last second, but why is it that only 2-3 people get points for killing a boss when it's a team effort. Anyone on the team that kills it that participated should get score for it. Hopefully that gets patched.

No, I am pretty sure those are the Forge textures we are seeing. They aren't low res, they are just very plastic-y looking.

My biggest gripes of Halo 5. I enjoy the crap out of it but that's not saying the game doesn't need some major improvements. My opinion of course.

1. Req System: The fact that RNG decides how you can customize your Spartan is absurd. Most of the customization should've been unlockable from challenges and a small portion in the Req System. Also, the weapons and vehicles provided come dangerously close to "pay to win" since you can buy Req packs with real money.

2. Story: The trailers and ads didn't portray the true story properly. Master Chief became a secondary character in this installment and they didn't do much to make Spartan Locke likable unlike Arbiter who was a secondary character in Halo 2. The only characters I liked were Buck, Vale, Palmer, and Linda. Buck since his appearance in Halo 3: ODST and Nathan Fillion, Vale because Laura Bailey is one of my favorite voice actresses, Palmer because Jennifer Hale is another favorite voice actress and her appearances in Halo 4 and Spartan Assault, and Linda because of her role in Reach. That last part is full of biases. Another thing that bugs me is that the opening cutscene for Halo 2 Anniversary doesn't fit into Halo 5 at all. Specifically, at what point in the game did Locke have time to contact the Arbiter initially with no teammates. He wasn't sent to after Master Chief until after Master Chief went "rogue." Later when Locke reintroduces himself to Arbiter, was that necessary and why since he clearly knew who he was in that opening cutscene in H2A. The Arbiter's response also bugged me where he said he knew who Locke was but in a tone similar to he's done his research on Locke as opposed to a tone where he shouldn't need to reintroduce himself since they've already met.

3. Warzone Point Sniping: Not necessarily with a sniper rifle but your team does all the damage and someone on the other team does the final damage with 1 assault rifle bullet.

4. Warzone Raid on Apex 7 Balance: Out of the 13 or so matches I've played on Apex 7, if you capture the Spire first, you're almost guaranteed to win unless your team got lucky and turns garbage.

5. Arena Team Arena Modes Break Up: For achievement hunters like myself, it was annoying to slog through another match of slayer when all you needed was 1 more capture the flag match. Each mode should be an individual playlist.

6. Arena Swat Weapons Variety: Add more precision weapons for Swat especially the DMR and maybe the Lightrifle.

Edited by blee717

Another thing that bugs me is that the opening cutscene for Halo 2 Anniversary doesn't fit into Halo 5 at all. Specifically, at what point in the game did Locke have time to contact the Arbiter initially with no teammates. He wasn't sent to after Master Chief until after Master Chief went "rogue." Later when Locke reintroduces himself to Arbiter, was that necessary and why since he clearly knew who he was in that opening cutscene in H2A.

That cutscene wasn't canon, I believe.

It seems most of the games I play are one-sided steamrolls, with only a rare occasion where it's truly neck-and-neck, something that happened way more with previous games in my experience.

And of course the b.s. req system is crap, and what I think ultimately keep me from getting invested in warzone, and what will probably kill this multiplayer long-term for me. I let it slide in Mass Effect 3 because that multiplayer went well and beyond what we the players expected of it and it was fundamentally well made and enjoyable, but 343 adding it for no reason. is for me probably the worst thing they did with Halo 5.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY REQ PACKS THAT I PAID $30 for!?! I put this game down for a little since fallout, blops, siege, battlefront came out. Too many games that divide my time.

I come back today, been a good 3 weeks since I launched halo, and I have ZERO req packs. I'm supposed to receive weekly packs for this fucking bundle.

I'm friends with a dude who works for 343 and I asked him.. He said he recalls getting a memo that you have to log on weekly to get that weeks req packs... If this is true, I'm gonna use my disc as a coaster. I want my money's worth, what I paid for. 343 has no right to force me to launch their game to recieve my packs. I'm furious :mad::mad::mad:

So far I'm on teams that either destroy everyone in no time, or we get absolutely raped. In war zone the game seems to randomly give the points to the other team when you kill bosses if your team is too far ahead points wise. Spawn killing is an almost too common occurrence. And compared to the MP maps on the other halo games this is a joke they are so freaking bad... Im glad i got to download it for free because if i had to pay for it i would have been PISSED... I would put this on par with destiny for games that just don't get close to living up to the hype machine that released them...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this bug was here at launch, but it's certainly here after the latest patch. Everytime I finish a game of warzone the game bugs out and either stops searching for a game or it is putting me into a game but the game has bugged into the lobby/search screen, I cannot back out/quit to the main menu either. Also 2/3 matches I've played I have not been able to call in reqs as it has simple just glitched, I don't know if it does it for the whole team or not.

You would think with the BS microtransaction, they would at least make the game work:rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Overall enjoyed the Campaign and War zone. Don't care much for Arena and feel the maps are dull and boring.

Just came here to bitch and get it off my chest. Why the hell is the mantis a level 7 req? It can't stand up to a scorpion or even a wraith (though granted it is more mobile) and it's turrets aren't particularly useful at medium to long range. The machine gun doesn't seem to be any more powerful than a warthog perhaps less so and overheats really quickly. With a good team it can be used efficiently but I still can't see why it ranks above scorpions or even banshees.

I feel the light rifle shouldn't be rank 5 either. I know it is powerful but it is slow to fire and only starts with minimal ammo. I feel the carbine is more effective and it is req 4.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...