Official Bitching Thread

Master Sieder

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firefight is a lot of fun but it can be really difficult. This isn't Halo Reach fire fight that you win everytime. Full of bullet sponge enemies and one hit kills, it's hard to reach the final wave let alone win.

I actually had the exact opposite experience today... The teams I got matched with utterly OWNED the enemies each wave until the last in a couple cases, with me in the bottom half of the board every time. (Typically I'm in the middle third or better these days -- not an amazing player, but not bad.)

The NPCs have always been bullet-sponges in this mode, but I agree that their damage seems a little off in some cases (considering that most know how to follow you behind cover now). In general, I think it just needs some balancing.

FWIW, the mode absolutely rewards spending REQ... and I think that's what they're going for. I was intentionally holding back until I got a feel for the "spend-vs-reward" feels like, and it definitely feels like we'll spend MORE than you'll earn (for now). It's just a wee bit too "empty"-feeling for the first few rounds.

I actually had the exact opposite experience today... The teams I got matched with utterly OWNED the enemies each wave until the last in a couple cases, with me in the bottom half of the board every time. (Typically I'm in the middle third or better these days -- not an amazing player, but not bad.)

The NPCs have always been bullet-sponges in this mode, but I agree that their damage seems a little off in some cases (considering that most know how to follow you behind cover now). In general, I think it just needs some balancing.

FWIW, the mode absolutely rewards spending REQ... and I think that's what they're going for. I was intentionally holding back until I got a feel for the "spend-vs-reward" feels like, and it definitely feels like we'll spend MORE than you'll earn (for now). It's just a wee bit too "empty"-feeling for the first few rounds.

After a few more games, I saw that it's easier than my initial run. I find 'defend the garage' is what causes most of my losses. If I can avoid that round, it's fairly easy.

• 1 month later...
Whats up with the MP on this one? All modes within Arena seem to take forever to find a game in, even if I set it to expanded, and I'm getting really heavy lag every match last night and now. It's unplayabe atm!
It's likely there all in warzone.

Which mode did you try? I found some have people and some don't breakout I need to finish 5 of those but never find people.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a looooong time since I played Halo 4, but....holy fuck I don't remember health/shields in MP being this low. I consistently get killed in what feels like 2 seconds by non-power weapons. It almost feels like COD, and that is something I never thought/hoped I would ever say.

Warzone is frustrating. If you don't get at least half a decent full team, the opposition quickly takes over 2 of the 3 bases, and several of the big middle-of-the-map bases feel waaaaay too easy for a minimum of three idiots to camp. Yeah, we've always had BTB, but more than ever it feels like one person's affect on the what happens is minor.

Also, the REQ system virtually guarantees that people playing for longer get better items because they've gotten more packs along the way.

This might be the first time I put a Halo game on the back burner after getting all the achievements [i feel are reasonable].

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Warzone, I'm the first to admit I am not a great player at Halo 5, I'm ok, bit inconsistent, I try and play to objectives but my god, it's like every single game I am in Warzone, we get creamed and lose, my record is like 5 wins and 23 losses. I'm playing solo, occasionally with a mate, and it always seems my team nobody plays for objectives, runs around with no idea what to do and plays like it's slayer and the enemy teams are always so organised with groups and teams of people running round playing for objectives and there is absolutely none of that on my team. So we just get pinned by our core and get owned again and again. I'm only one win on Escape From ARC away from getting the win on all three original Warzone maps achievement aswell and I just cannot buy a win. It's so rage-inducing when I go into a game of Warzone and it's the same thing again.

Oh and the Story, I had more fun playing it on Co-Op with a friend but the Story and Campaign in general is one of the worst I have ever played. Hard to follow, hard to care, Warden getting old really fast.

Edited by Thracian

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...