Achievement Discussion

Frizzed

• 1 year later...

I just had a quick question regarding the "Storied Reputation" achievement. Basically, passed the game w/ every character in the game on medium using the easy method, but the achievement didn't unlock. I'm sure that I finished it w/ everyone because I checked it off as I went. I'm just looking for a possible reason as to why it didn't unlock for me. I know it's a stretch, but I had the request match settings on set for ranked matches. For anyone who unlocked this achievement using the easy way, could you let me know if you remember having the req match setting to off? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance*

how do you boost ranked matches?
Party chat with a friend, set up a ranked lobby with the settings:

Round = 1

Time = 30

Language = Foreign (we had a lot of lobby joins with german, but the korean room worked swell, 20 times perfectly)

Have your friend constantly refresh/search the ranked language lobby until they see your name, and join... let them win 10 times, you win 10 times. Your BP gets messy, so maybe have the better player go first (since they'll end with a low BP, but more likely to regain it later... if you even care).

Quick Question: When on the screen telling how to complete moves, what does it want me to do when it has the one with the black line over it?
I've not seen this, which move specifically?

Here's a couple odd ones:

1. move* = repeat repeat repeat ~seth's uppercut, e honda's hand slap, gen's air kick~

2. move->move = cancel the first into the second by quickly mashing on the latter button as the first comes out (these are labeled as "target combo") ~ken's target combo mp->hp~

3. move...move = finish the special move with a selected button for different effects ~cammy's holligan combination, el fuerte's habanaro dash~

I just had a quick question regarding the "Storied Reputation" achievement. Basically, passed the game w/ every character in the game on medium using the easy method, but the achievement didn't unlock. I'm sure that I finished it w/ everyone because I checked it off as I went. I'm just looking for a possible reason as to why it didn't unlock for me. I know it's a stretch, but I had the request match settings on set for ranked matches. For anyone who unlocked this achievement using the easy way, could you let me know if you remember having the req match setting to off? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance*
Make sure you also beat it with Akuma, Gouken, and Seth. If you've only played on medium difficulty and haven't beat it on easiest or easy with random characters, you can check the gallery out to see which character's anime opening/closing your missing--to clear up that you indeed beat it with everybody.

If you did unlock videos on easier modes, it'll make your life difficult trying to remember if you beat medium with them.

Fight Requests shouldn't hinder the achievement. I unlocked story achievements with FRs on. Not the storied one yet (still working on it, I unlocked everyone in easy). But things like beating hardest difficulty worked fine.

The Zangief method should work so long as you #1 choose the character required for unlocking first, then switching to gief on a continue, and #2 beat Seth with your original character.

If worse comes to worse and you don't know where you went astray, I'd just beat story fully with each character, in order, without using the gief method... good practice anyways, hehe. Just about every character has a move they can spam the computer with, just like gief. Guide writers suggest him cause it's essentially one button.

Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Sagat = Fireballs

Bison/E Honda/Blanka/Vega = Charge back, forward + punch

Cammy = Cannon drill

Abel/Fei Long = Rekka moves

It may get a little harder towards the end of story mode, but using 1 rounds and 30sec matches, you're bound to get a hit or two in and win by clock.

---

Anybody else grumpy about 4 or 5 achievements all being tied to trial mode ==? Titles and Icons should have been purely online. 10G for trials is like spitting in your face.

Should have been like this for all the character specific titles you unlock in trials:

X Character Title: Earn by winning X matches online with this character.

Not only would this free up the burden of trials...

... dare I say...

...people might choose a slew of different characters online?! *GASP*

Edited by Aoi84

Can some of the achievements like "Super Combo Champion" and "Ultra Combo Champion" be done in Versus, and other modes? What I'm getting at is: can I boost some of the achievements with a second controller?

I believe the Super and Ultra can be boosted via Versus.

Is there a statistic screen showing how close you are to the achievements like in Soul Caliber 4?

Going to Player Data and Statistics [somewhere along those lines] you can see how many games you've played, how many you've won, and what your longest winning streak is. It doesn't say how many Ultra/Supers you've gotten, but it clears up the Games Played/Games Won checking.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing for sure is that these achievements are tough and will be very time-consuming for the average player. I have owned this game for a few weeks now and luckily I enjoy it immensely. I will eventually get close to 1000 on this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Can we perform the 100 any attacks on training mode?

yes you can, in training and challenge mode, where you can have infinite of both gauge, you can spam the moves until you get the achievement

there are some achievements that cannot be done that way;

Super Combo Champion, Ultra Combo Champion and Sunny Daze

where you actually have to play a round in any mode, online, arcade, challenge or versus to do them

• 4 weeks later...

I have two questions about the achievements.

1. I'm working on the Ultra Combo Finish achievement ( get 50 of them ) will it also count toward the other just get 100 ultra combos achievements?

2.For the focus attack to count do I have to counter with a focus attack or just when the enemy is stunned do a focus attack?

Thanks for reading and thanks for any answers.

I have two questions about the achievements.

1. I'm working on the Ultra Combo Finish achievement ( get 50 of them ) will it also count toward the other just get 100 ultra combos achievements?

2.For the focus attack to count do I have to counter with a focus attack or just when the enemy is stunned do a focus attack?

Thanks for reading and thanks for any answers.

all your ultra combo finish will count toward performing the 100 ultra combos

and for the focus attack, as long as it successfully hit an opponent, it will count. for it to hit, he must not block or you can fully charge a focus for it to have break armor property

• 1 month later...

While going for the storied reputation achievement (beat arcade mode on medium or higher difficulty with every character), I forgot to note which of the 6 characters used to unlock the other characters I had or had not beaten medium with.

Now I'm slowing dying while trying to narrow this list down. :(

After beating Seth with Vega I thought I was done with arcade mode for a little. It's getting easier, I just feel so damaged...

• 4 months later...