Official Fallout 4 Bitching Thread

indoorblakininja

Man I miss Fallout 3. It was so much more simpler. The building/crafting in this game is confusing and there's no incentive to even use any of it. Even worse, it's not even explained to you. You just get thrown into it.

Weapon/armour crafting I find useless, but crafting food gets rid of rads and higher heal, and crafting chems is good when you need to use them.

Basically now due to the abundance of stimpacks I craft food and chems to sell at a higher price for caps, as opposed to using the items. Plus it does give exp which helps with the levelling. 50 doesn't seem like so much of a grind now.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't get into this game. The more I play, the more I get bored. I went back to Titanfall twice on release day and if I can't find an interest soon, it'll end up on my backlog. I hope everyone can get their money's worth out of this game.

Never thought I would say this, but I can understand where your coming from.

Took a break and started playing Rise of the Tombraider. So far its pretty good, and I think I will be playing it for a while.

The only complaint I have is crafting stuff for the settlement. Bad camera angles and they don't do a very good job at explaining stuff. I need to assign someone to harvest food I have growing but it doesn't tell me how to assign someone.

The usual 'lack of instruction booklet' applies here but the purchased Prima guide isn't much better. What I did find out via YouTube is that you can rotate items using the triggers or shoulder buttons and zoom them forward and back by holding A and using the stick.

You can assign a person a job when in the 'building mode', when you approach them they should highlight and the 'A' button option changes. Select them and run to where the food is and the highlight then changes 'A' to assign. In Sanctuary I think you can only assign the man and women with the same surname.

What I need to figure out is, once I built my house, how to have a generator outside it but still wire it to the house so the lights come on instead of having the generator inside. Personally I'd rather be able to clean up one of the houses in Sanctuary (mine or example) and repair it instead of having to fully build a ghetto 2 story house.

My personal complaints are that when I build a new item it is already damaged and mouldy then same as the older stuff already in the world.

Also what happened to the 'grab' button?

What I need to figure out is, once I built my house, how to have a generator outside it but still wire it to the house so the lights come on instead of having the generator inside. Personally I'd rather be able to clean up one of the houses in Sanctuary (mine or example) and repair it instead of having to fully build a ghetto 2 story house.

My personal complaints are that when I build a new item it is already damaged and mouldy then same as the older stuff already in the world.

Also what happened to the 'grab' button?

Use conductors through out the house to keep the generator outside, if you have gotten to castle you can see how they work in there.

You've made it out of scavenged items, it's not going to look brand new.

Just look at an item in workshop mode and hit a to grab it and move it.

While I am not overly impressed by the bulilding/workshop crap... your complaint has a reason IMO.

You are building your stuff from scavenged goods. The wood and steel, etc... has all been collected from 200 year old crap sitting out in the elements. Do you think there is time to clean and paint all these items to make them look good?

The most annoying thing for me so far is that due to the new nature of looting I find myself pressing "B" when I've looted all I want from a body and it raises my Pip-Boy. No matter what I do I cannot shake this habit!

Me too! And I love the new system. The only time I DON'T like the new system is when I'm trying to reload in combat and it takes me into a menu because I was looking at a container or body.

Minor complain, but I hate how hard it is to track down companions in Settlements.

Granted, I sent them all to Sanctuary and it's a large place, but it shouldn't take me 3 minutes of running in circles to find the companion I'm looking for (I'm looking at you Cait!!!!).

This is a huge piss-off... they hide in the most odd places too.

I read the user reviews on Metacritic. I just can't agree with them at all, that's the other thing I'll bitch about. Like, they complain about the perks system as if it was all a huge surprise for them that that's how it works now. I mean, the system was pretty detailed back in summer already. I do prefer the system in 3/New Vegas with S.P.E.C.I.A.L. as one category and then skills as a seperate thing so I could just spend lots of points on science and lockpicking and spend just a few points on other stuff each level up, but the system in Fallout 4 works as well. I also don't see why people complain about the combat. I'm finally able to ADS and actually get headshots without spamming VATS everywhere I go. Perhaps the dialogue should've been left as it's been in 3/NV since it was a whole lot more in depth and now it's like choose one thing, never get to go through the other options. I guess it's just the unfortunate side effect of having a voiced character. Also, I'm still not seeing these performance issues people talk about. Then again, I've never been the one to complain about fps when the game doesn't actually stutter so perhaps I'm not paying that much attention to the framerate. Seems to me that it does stay near 30 all the time excluding the times you cross the "loading zones" when the game loads more of the environment around you. Then again, the fps has always dropped during those parts in previous Fallout games as well, even on decent PCs...

My biggest problem is that my last game save I make always gets corrupted. This game logs saves like crazy, but I make a manual one when I'm done playing a session and I come back and lose 10-15 minutes because it corrupts.

It's saves too often, go into the settings and turn them all of, just do manuals and then the only auto save you cannot turn off seems to be after you spend points. Small question are you saving to HD or Cloud? I refuse to use cloud after reading many save problems due to it. Personally I'd like to save to a portable drive in case my Xbox ever breaks, but I don't think you can.

It's saves too often, go into the settings and turn them all of, just do manuals and then the only auto save you cannot turn off seems to be after you spend points. Small question are you saving to HD or Cloud? I refuse to use cloud after reading many save problems due to it. Personally I'd like to save to a portable drive in case my Xbox ever breaks, but I don't think you can.

Didn't even know you could save in the cloud

I had a corrupt save last night, thankfully I saved just after the autosave meaning I could delete the save that I made and use the autosave. Still, there seem to be a lot of problems with the game, there's definitely framerate issues when I enter the area around Diamond City.

Also I crashed earlier, there was a horrific buzzing noise and it booted me to the dashboard.

Edited by Samigi

Fucking sick of Super Mutant Suiciders! It was funny for an achievement.... once, not every single time you meet Super Mutants, FFS! :thumbsdown:

Still, everything else is excellent though, just had to say it :p

I don't know if anyone has run into this but if you are invisible or cloaked and you pull up your Pipboy the Pipboy is invisible too. You can't see it. I have some Chameleon armor that makes me look invisible when I sneak and I can't see my menus unless I leave sneak mode. It makes things weird in battle.

I don't know if anyone has run into this but if you are invisible or cloaked and you pull up your Pipboy the Pipboy is invisible too. You can't see it. I have some Chameleon armor that makes me look invisible when I sneak and I can't see my menus unless I leave sneak mode. It makes things weird in battle.

Yeah, i tried a stealth boy before and it made my gun invisible and i didn't know i even had it out and just stood looking at someone. :D I'm sure it was the same in the previous games though, if memory serves. I could be wrong on that though.

I'm a stealth, silenced build, so of course Shadowed gear is right up my alley... but it does that fucking stupid "chameleon" effect on all gear and my PipBoy. Who actually uses this? It's so annoying, I choose to not use it even though it would greatly benefit me.