How to Avoid Missing Fallout 4's Story Achievements

Richie82

The game basically prompts you where to save guys, so don't stress, it will come up with optional objectives to 'build device with brotherhood, minutemen or railroad'.

I chose my save in Virgil's lab after you give him the code, as it's pretty recognisable.

Also, you can get the minutemen quest achievements before starting that mission, so aim for those first, and that's one faction done and dusted you can forget about.

Exactly the kind of explanation I needed for my simple brain. Thanks, Ace.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly the kind of explanation I needed for my simple brain. Thanks, Ace.

No worries haha.

I'm not past that bit yet as doing a hunch of side quests and shit, so can't offer any help with the Institution/Railroad side of things after that.

Brotherhood seems pretty simple though, just follow that quest line and bam, you're done.

Good god, this is confusing. I have yet to encounter this "Molecular Level" quest.

I am a good ways into the Minutemen questline where I have to go retake a castle (or something to that effect) and I am finishing up a mission with Brother Danse where he is currently offering to let me join the Brotherhood. I don't even know what to do at this point.

Good god, this is confusing. I have yet to encounter this "Molecular Level" quest.

I am a good ways into the Minutemen questline where I have to go retake a castle (or something to that effect) and I am finishing up a mission with Brother Danse where he is currently offering to let me join the Brotherhood. I don't even know what to do at this point.

Ok, your best course is to take castle, then after that do the Old Guns quest, that way minutemen is done and you can forget about them.

In terms of the main quests, which one are you up to?

Ok, your best course is to take castle, then after that do the Old Guns quest, that way minutemen is done and you can forget about them.

In terms of the main quests, which one are you up to?

I haven't even gone to Diamond City, yet. I meant I have no idea what to do with the Brotherhood at this point. I have just paused the game mid-conversation with Brother Danse as I don't know if I should join or not.

I haven't even gone to Diamond City, yet. I meant I have no idea what to do with the Brotherhood at this point. I have just paused the game mid-conversation with Brother Danse as I don't know if I should join or not.

So you're a fair way from the save point quest.

Join up, it saves you having to go through and doing it all again, plus you get another suit of power armour.

I've joined up with all 3 and am doing side quests before I choose which way to go.

So you're a fair way from the save point quest.

Join up, it saves you having to go through and doing it all again, plus you get another suit of power armour.

I've joined up with all 3 and am doing side quests before I choose which way to go.

Oh, okay. I can join all of them, the achievements are merely related to making a decision within a specific quest. I got it now.

Was that after the quest where you go get the high frequency broadcaster or whatever? I just told him I'd think about it, and he said, "ok, well you know where we are when you figure out your answer."

a lot of people like myself are confused so we can get the Minutemen achivement before we start the others and possible get another 2 achivements on that Save File #1?

I'm pretty sure all three Minutemen achievements can be done regardless of which playthrough/decision you make. I think, not certain.

I'm pretty sure all three Minutemen achievements can be done regardless of which playthrough/decision you make. I think, not certain.

so we can do the minutemen achivements whenever then we choose 2 sides to fight with before making a save who to give it to and then reload the save once thats done for all the missing cheevos?

Ok, if you follow the minutemen quest line, you can get them before you even start this quest, so that's one faction done.

Once you get to Virgil's lab, the quest will give you 3 options on who to build the device with, so make your save points there.

After that, whoever you choose is the path to take.

Brotherhood of Steel quests are to be done on one save.

Institution and Railroad quests can be done on the other save.

Best to make your Railroad/Institution save the main one, for the added quests of two factions and exp to get you ready for further DLC, and Brotherhood for the second save

Ok, if you follow the minutemen quest line, you can get them before you even start this quest, so that's one faction done.

Once you get to Virgil's lab, the quest will give you 3 options on who to build the device with, so make your save points there.

Best to make your Railroad/Institution save the main one, for the added quests of two factions and exp to get you ready for further DLC, and Brotherhood for the second save

Simple, short, and perfect.

Thanks, Aceman. So I can continue to do everything Minutemen related without worry? If so, that's good.

If you don't mind sheding some light, how are the Institution and Railroad grouped together without making it messy?

Simple, short, and perfect.

Thanks, Aceman. So I can continue to do everything Minutemen related without worry? If so, that's good.

If you don't mind sheding some light, how are the Institution and Railroad grouped together without making it messy?

Yeah, I continued and stopped after I got the Old Guns achievements just after taking Castle.

I haven't done them yet, so not exactly too sure, but from what I've seen Railroad wants you as a double Agent or something like that, so you can do those parallel.

Yeah, I continued and stopped after I got the Old Guns achievements just after taking Castle.

I haven't done them yet, so not exactly too sure, but from what I've seen Railroad wants you as a double Agent or something like that, so you can do those parallel.

Nice. I'll keep this/these in mind once I get to that point.

Nice one mate thank you very much ill continue with the MM until im finished with them and go from there the Queen scarab looking thing wrecked me at level 9 >.< need to go level up a bit

Sorry XBA but an 8 minute video for the above? Probably one of the worse video guides you guys have done, well done Ace for making it simple! as it needed to be.