Episode 6 : Choices

Lavindathar

I think I made a lot of big mistakes in this one. Big ones.

Namely, I saved Ryon, although I didn't realise this meant sacrificing Ironwrath.

I also sacrificed Tom, as I didn't see any other way. They have no problem killing characters, and I'd rather Mira alive than dead....

But, I make a choice and I stick to it, that's the beauty of these games, not knowing the outcome.

I seemed to be in the minority for a lot of choices. I loved this episode though, lots of drama and dead people.

Can't wait for season two. What is the north grove? Can we retake Ironwrath? Interested to know what happens if you save Tom and kill ludd though,

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k267/Lavindathar/495b07999cae67e8d1dc99c99734d5c7.jpg

Easily the toughest choices to make out of all of Telltale's catalog.

You lied to Margaery and had Sera dismissed

Thought I'd be saving my own skin and gain enough favour with Margaery to avoid any bad circumstances, but it turns out that Sera knows how to predict the future.

You refused to marry Morgryn

I had a feeling that he was the one playing his hand against me and it came as no surprise when he listed off his crazy demands in order to secure Ironwrath. If I can't have Ironwrath then he sure as shit isn't going to have it either.

You butchered Cotter for the blood magic ritual

Gotta protect the North Grove from all those nasty wights and seeing as Gared can't go running back to the Night's Watch or Ironwrath it made sense to fortify the North Grove's security.

You poisoned Lord Whitehill and Lady Forrester

This is a decision I regret in hindsight. In the heat of the moment it seemed best to continue with the plan and take out Lord Whitehill no matter the cost. It was worth it to see that bastard choke though.

You stayed behind to defend the North Grove

Gared seems like he'll become an important player in the next season(s) and with all the events that transpired it would be wise to not risk such a plentiful source of ironwood.

All in all I'm interested to see what Telltale is going to do for Season 2. Especially with, at least in my case, Asher surviving and that shot of Ryon at the end. I can see them doing a small time skip if they're going to focus on the remaining Forresters.

EDIT: Thanks to whoever moved my post into this thread. I had a good laugh when I saw we posted the same topic within a minute of each other. :p

Edited by Son of Kyuss

I decided to kill Rudd. At the time I did not know that this would supposedly mean the end to Ryon but then at the end of the game I saw him being rescued by Bershka.

Also I accidentally pressed the wrong button and chose to leave the Northgrove instead of staying so I was part of that 20% but That 20% doesn't really matter because we're in the first top 10 in the world to finish it I believe.

I chose to slice out Cotters heart for the Blood Magic but ended up leaving so that didnt really matter.

I didnt marry Morgrym. This lead to Mira being beheaded infront of him and a crowd.

Also I didnt tell Lady Margery the truth. Sera had it coming to her to be dismissed.

But normally I do go back and play this on the 360 and do the opposite of all my choices to gain the best experience of the game.

My choices:

- Told Margery the truth was was dismissed (24.4%)

- Refused to marry Morgryn (86.2%)

- Butchered Cotter for the blood magic ritual (84.4%)

- Poisoned Lord Whitehill and Lady Forrester (25%)

- Stayed to defend the North Grove (80%)

Definitely some really tough choices in the finale, which shouldn't be surprising since this is Game of Thrones! I kept thinking that Cersei was going to intervene and help save Mira, which is why I didn't really throw Sera under the bus. Thinking about it now, I probably should have, since Sera didn't even do anything to try and help Mira during her execution proceedings. I felt marrying Morgryn would have been a fate worse than death for Mira, and who could really trust him anyways after he tried to hire a guard to kill Mira in the first place? I felt pretty bad for butchering Cotter, and performing the ritual myself made it all the more worse. However he was going to die anyways, and I didn't want his death to go to waste, even if it meant he would have died peacefully.

Of course I was going to kill Lord Whitehill! Screw him for all the shit he pulled all season!

I figured the North Grove must have some importance if Gregor's final wishes were that Gregor protect the North Grove. It's a shame that we wont know what that is until next season (assuming there is one).

Overall it was a great game. I didn't like it quite as much as Tales from the Borderlands, and I found some glaring technical issues even in this final episode (which kinda ruined the experience for me), but it was a great story in the Game of Thrones universe! :o

Decent finale. Lots of technical issues. Some decisions seemed kinda, well, they didn't hold their weight, imo. Lots of loose ends points to a Season 2 of course.

Anyways...

Told Margery the truth.

Refused to marry Morgryn.

Butchered Cotter for blood magic.

Killed Ludd.

Chose to stay and defend the North Grove.

Wow, that was some ending to the first season. A lot of hard choices as well.

I tried to be smart about it but still some chices felt really tough.

1. I told Margaery the truth and got dismissed.

2. Agreed to marry Morgryn. Such a complete bastard but I did not want Mira to get killed. More Forresters alive is a good thing... I hope. Also, poor Tom.

3. Killed Cotter through the poison. He was a friend and Sylvi had been promised.

4. Went after Ryon but ended up killing Lord Whitehill. Don't know if this also led to Ironrath being taken?

5. Stayed to defend the North Grove. Not enough men to make a difference at Ironrath and I had promised Lord Gregor.

Questions

1. Is there any way not to have Ironrath fall to the Whitehills?

2. Is there any way to save Elaena Glenmore? I really felt bad when I saw what happened to her. I guess I could have sent her away but she wanted to stay with her to be husband after all.

3. Is there any way to save poor Tom? Hated what happened to him.

I realize all of those probably can't be done but maybe some of them? :)

Overall a good way to end of the season I thought. I do hope they make this even better if they continue with the series in the future. :)

well that went pretty damn badly for the Foresters. Ironrath burnt, everybody dead except Talia, the Maester and Rodrick (how he's hanging on I can't tell you) Beska stole Ryon for some reason, Ludd's fat ass is alive and even poor Mira lost her head. Garret is alive but not looking good for him either. unlike any other Telltale game i'm tempted to replay the whole thing to see if I can do it better, which is odd since I still rank this as my least favorite of them all.

as for my choices

told the truth and got dismissed

didn't agree to the marriage and lost my head

gave Cotter the nightshade

Saved Ryon but like I said Beska stole him and is bringing him god knows where.

Stayed at the Grove, because what the hell else is he going to be able to do?

I was literally nodding off throughout this play, I hated most of this season, and Borderlands was even worse, lag on these 2 games made Walking Dead and Wolfy look smooth as silk.

I love the GOT show, but this series was dull, was glad to get it over with. Regarding decisions, Mira died on mine after refusing to marry.

http://i.imgur.com/GqERFYT.png

• Sera was always a friend, so I couldn't sell her out in the end.
  • I wasn't about to give Morgryn the satisfaction of getting his way.
  • I felt performing the blood ritual was the best course of action for the North Grove's safety.
  • I gave my sellsword army the fight they were promised.
  • The North Grove is important somehow, and I wasn't about to abandon it.

There were definitely a lot of tough choices to make in this finale. Some that I felt like were no-brainers ended up having far-reaching consequences. All-in-all this was a great end to a bloody series.

I was literally nodding off throughout this play, I hated most of this season, and Borderlands was even worse, lag on these 2 games made Walking Dead and Wolfy look smooth as silk.

I love the GOT show, but this series was dull, was glad to get it over with. Regarding decisions, Mira died on mine after refusing to marry.

I think you may be the first person I met that didn't actually like Tales from the Borderlands. That being said I did find the technical issues annoying (and sometimes inexcusable), but it didn't affect my enjoyment of both games that much overall.

I'm curious if there is a way to refuse marrying Morgryn without having Mira's head chopped off. I doubt it since the game pretty much sets it up as an ultimatum between marrying that sleazy scumbag, or facing public execution regardless of your choices throughout the season...

I'm curious, what did it say at the end of all your "special stats" at the bottom? The part where Ramsey, Cersei, Maergery and Dany narrate about what all you did.

Mine said "14.6 % Fought with Unwavering Conviction."

Not sure what that was in reference to or if it was some commentary on my overall choices.

If you didn't notice at the end of the game, you can go back and hit :ybut: in your choices menu. But you have to warch the entire video package.

My choices for Episode 6: "The Ice Dragon" were:

You and 33.8% lied to Margaery and had Sera dismissed.

• I was conflicted with this one. I couldn't quite remember, but I thought there was something in the last episode or two where Sera wouldn't help me. Of course, I could be totally wrong with that. Ha ha ha!

You and 77.7% refused to marry Morgryn.

• There was no way in hell I was going marry Morgryn after our conversation in his carriage. I would rather be beheaded than marry that guy.

You and 54.6% butchered Cotter for the blood magic ritual.

• Like others have said, I felt it was the right thing to do in order to help the North Grove.

You and 26.2% poisoned Lord Whitehill and Lady Forrester.

• I wanted to watch Lord Whitehill die, but I was conflicted when Lady Forrester reached for the glass. That was a tough choice. I probably would have done the other decision.

You and 47.1% stayed to defend the North Grove.

• Ironrath was lost, so I decided to stay and defend the North Grove. It seems pretty important if I was to go out of my way to find the people there.

Oh, after reading some replies....

If you go after ludd, you kill your own mother as well? Seriously?

Yeah, sort of lol.

If you want to know what happens with Ludd and Lady Forrester with that:

[spoiler=wine]You offer him the poisoned wine, and as he's about to drink it, he pushes it to you to drink first. Then Lady Forrester says I will drink it (she knows it's poisoned). So you have the choice to take it from her or let her drink it. I let her drink it, sadly, as I thought that Asher would be more useful in the fight than his mother would be. After seeing her drink it, Ludd drinks as well. Shortly after, they both go night-night. :(

I'm curious, what did it say at the end of all your "special stats" at the bottom? The part where Ramsey, Cersei, Maergery and Dany narrate about what all you did.

Mine said "14.6 % Fought with Unwavering Conviction."

Not sure what that was in reference to or if it was some commentary on my overall choices.

If you didn't notice at the end of the game, you can go back and hit :ybut: in your choices menu. But you have to warch the entire video package.

In this, I got "29.7% fought with Cunning Strategy." :p

Yeah, sort of lol.

If you want to know what happens with Ludd and Lady Forrester with that:

[spoiler=wine]You offer him the poisoned wine, and as he's about to drink it, he pushes it to you to drink first. Then Lady Forrester says I will drink it (she knows it's poisoned). So you have the choice to take it from her or let her drink it. I let her drink it, sadly, as I thought that Asher would be more useful in the fight than his mother would be. After seeing her drink it, Ludd drinks as well. Shortly after, they both go night-night. :(

[spoiler=drink]I let her drink it because I respected that she was willing to make the sacrifice. In the end I don't think it mattered, she probably would have died in the fighting.

In this, I got "29.7% fought with Cunning Strategy." :p

I like yours better. Makes it sound like you played "the game" (of thrones) better. "Unwavering Conviction" in something like this is basically code for "foolish pride that gets you killed."

[spoiler=drink]I let her drink it because I respected that she was willing to make the sacrifice. In the end I don't think it mattered, she probably would have died in the fighting.

Same here! :)

[spoiler=drinkthewine]She wanted to do it, and I felt Asher was needed to lead his men and Ironwrath against Whitehill. They needed a Lord. He's a fighter and every man was needed. And just as you said, in the end, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have made it anyway.

I like yours better. Makes it sound like you played "the game" (of thrones) better. "Unwavering Conviction" in something like this is basically code for "foolish pride that gets you killed."

Yeah I'm not sure what I did to get that result, but I liked it too! :) Maybe because I pretended to surrender to Whitehill at the end and made him think we were cool, right up until I gave him the wine? Hmmm, not sure. :)

Good perception on Unwavering Conviction! I would have taken that to mean determination or something similar. :)

Edited by Spiral 462

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, some shit can go down that I had no idea was even a possibility.

I got:

29% Fought with Cunning Strategy

63.5% Told Margaery the truth and were dismissed

77.4% Refused to marry (and Myra was executed, but not until she stood tall and proud, exclaiming "Iron from ice!")

57.2% Butchered Cotter for blood magic

60.7% Let Lord Whitehill live to rescue Ryon

50.4% Stayed to defend North Grove

I had no idea saving Ryon would cost me the entire fucking battle, but I really enjoyed this episode, contrary to some negative remarks, and the entire season as a whole. I remember tearing up at Ethan's funeral and the Roderick/Asher choice being the most heart-wrenching moment I've felt in a long time.

Ryon is going to be badass next season. The look on his face at the end... yeah. Go House Forrester. Iron from ice!

Edit: To respond to Bear and Spiral's spoilers, you're both right in your assumption, as that's what happened in my game ;)

• 5 months later...