Bioshock Release date check failed

EnterTheFray

Can't tell if I'm missing something. I have a physical copy of Bioschok 2 installed fine on my W10 Operating system and all but when I start it it comes up with Release date check error.

I've searched Google and found this:

https://support.securom.com/pop_bioshock2.html

Which tells me to go to http://www.digitalworksweb.com/securomsupport/index.php?id=11&L=0

I upload my ActivationRequest.dfa file but for the life of me cant find where I download the file afterwards? nothing comes up?

I did this recently on my W10 laptop. If I recall correctly, the program prompts you to download the file, I don't believe it has to be in a specific location. I think mine just went to my downloads folder. :/

btw if you are planning on boosting the MP I would love to join you. I have been trying for awhile but I have never been able to get enough people willing to do it. I also have all the DLC, but if you don't already have it i don't think you can purchase it.

I did this recently on my W10 laptop. If I recall correctly, the program prompts you to download the file, I don't believe it has to be in a specific location. I think mine just went to my downloads folder. :/

btw if you are planning on boosting the MP I would love to join you. I have been trying for awhile but I have never been able to get enough people willing to do it. I also have all the DLC, but if you don't already have it i don't think you can purchase it.

The program gets me the file and it tells me i need to upload it to the site, after i upload it to the site im not prompted or there is no indication on what I do next just tells me to then download the file from their site which i cant find where or how to

Ohhh, I remember now (had to repeat the steps for myself)

At THIS site in yellow text is says "Please upload your ActivationRequest.dfa file:" however, for me it is saying an error occurred underneath where there should be a prompt to upload the .dfa file you had to download earlier.

What should happen is you should be able to upload your .dfa, and in turn be given a download for a .lic file that you can upload into the program that passes the release date check. Without that webite giving the .lic though, I am unsure what to do.

There may be a way to find a "ActivationResponse.lic" file elsewhere, but i have a feeling you need one specific to the info in your .dfa.

Sorry, I can't think of anything else right now, hopefully the site either works for you or gets fixed soon.

• 1 month later...

Alternatively you can try a "crack" patch. All it does is bypass the DRM and you probably won't need to have the CD in to play. You have a legitimate serial key so you shouldn't encounter any problems doing this.

Still I have to give you the 'ol "you do so at your own risk and this method is not endorsed by this site or its staff".

Oh if anyone is still looking for the Russian copy (this thread piqued my interest, so I checked and got myself a copy) one is left on eBay for roughly $30 and then the prices start to go up steep.