I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to sharing our experiences in the community events. We have the discussion thread but it is also the vouching thread and a lot of discussion can make it hard for Mods to shift through the posts for actual vouching posts. Also, the threads for individual events get closed as soon as the event ends so discussion in those threads has time constraints.

So, this thread will be where we can post videos, post screenshots and tell stories about the fun we had in community events. Feel free to discuss anything concerning the events, positive or negative. Just try to stay on topic.

I'll start us off with some videos from the November 23-29, 2015 Games with Gold event. These videos are from an 8 person session of Knight Squad and the participants are: bigbear XBA, Spiral462, BlackoutCal, BareBumCheeks, Kairi, PiixL, KillerBEA and TemporalWizard.

The first video is a free for all game mode much like capture the flag. The main point scoring goal is to capture the grail and return it to your spawn. Kills and a few other actions score points as well:

[ame]

[/ame]

The second video is from a "King of the Hill" game mode. You score points through kills and by spending time in the middle area. Note: the end of video one is captured in this video as well:

[ame]

[/ame]

Unfortunately, I only have game audio for both videos. I promise that they would be 4x as entertaining if I had our party audio along with the video.

Edited by bigbear.
  • Thanks 1

Looks like otaking's Awesome Fun Times has inspired a good trend :)

That was partially inspired by TV and the RTotD thread as well. The AFT thread was an awesome idea by Ota. It helped build a sense of community among XBA Neverwinter players. Unfortunately, the devs for that game have tried really hard to push people away. But that thread is still keeping a lot of that group together.

In this case, if the whole point of Community Gaming is to build friendships and inspire interaction amongst site members, discussion is a huge part of building towards those goals. We have a discussion thread for CG but the fact that it is multi-purpose kind of discourages a lot of discussion.

Hopefully this thread gets popular. If it does, that will be a huge sign that Community Gaming is becoming successful again. Hopefully it inspires people to join in for the fun and not just for a site award or points in a competition.

So, to contribute more, a screenshot of Team Fallen Angels taking on all comers in Knight Squad!:

[ATTACH]9185[/ATTACH]

Note: quality might suck because it's an iPad screenshot of the screenshot in my SmartGlass app.

Edited by bigbear.

Id love to get involved and start joining in, even if its just chilling in a party, i'll need to keep an eye out or if some people could let me know should i be on during something at random, i'm terrible at organising to try set anything myself up lol :(

The best thing to do is keep an eye on the threads for the current event and be proactive in posting.

This week's event is Onigiri (which I will probably skip) and the thread is here

Black Ops 3 will be the game of the month for December: http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=633666

Next week's event is going to feature the Master Chief Collection and Shoot Many Robots: http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=633667

Personally, I might try Onigiri this week but might not do much else this month until the Minecraft event Christmas week. If I'm getting into a session and see you online I'll shoot you a message.

Ohhhhh this is a great idea, Bear! I love this thread and thank you for making it! That Knight Squad session was so much fun and I hope we get more events going like that soon!! :dance:

I have screenshots somewhere, but I will always have very fond memories of the GTA V and Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare Community Gaming events. They were soooooo much fun!!! :D

I absolutely love this thread idea, Bear! :bearhug: Having a thread where we can share our experiences is a great thing, and this would keep everything all in one place. :)

That Knight Squad even was loads of fun, and I agree that it would have been better if we were able to get the party audio in the video somehow; that party was great! :dance: The game was also a blast to play with everyone, and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves! :)

I should post a bunch of the screenshots from the previous Minecraft CG events that I've hosted since Minecraft is coming up soon. I've had a lot of interesting things going on every time I have hosted. :p

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I agree. A lot of fun with a full group even though the game isn't all that good.

What are you sayingggg? Knight Squad is such a great game. Reminds me of some alternate version of Bomberman. I had a good little twitter chat with the creator of #IDARB and the creator of Knight Squad about our favourite indie games.

great idea for a thread mate.

Will be nice to record some good experiences. Unfortunately, most of mine involve Pix.

It would be cool to do an XBA equivalent of Fails of the Weak. Let's be honest, most of our misadventures end in spectacular failures! Is that something you guys might be interested in?

It would be cool to do an XBA equivalent of Fails of the Weak. Let's be honest, most of our misadventures end in spectacular failures! Is that something you guys might be interested in?

Yeah, I would be pretty interested, as long as it's well done and incorporates a large variety of (good) games. Maybe we can start with Borderlands?

I played some Monopoly Deal and Monopoly Plus with Lav today, and I would like to share something that everyone might not be aware of! :D

When you finish your games, don't let the Winner screen fool you! The real Winner is actually listed under the word Winner. ;) Here is a sample from one of our Deal games today:

http://i.imgur.com/LH8CTNx.jpg?1

As you can see, it might appear that Lav won. But, if you look carefully, you will see that he is not actually the winner! :eek: :think: :francis:

http://i.imgur.com/jbNMNgU.jpg?1

Yup, so you see, I obviously won. ;) :biglaugh :p

The same goes with Plus! Here, a confusing Winner screen from our game today:

http://i.imgur.com/x5mDHeg.jpg?1

It appears that Lav won, but clearly this is not the case! Let's have another look.... :think:

http://i.imgur.com/HBcn8BO.jpg?1

A-ha! There we have it, the truth. Even though he stole my Boardwalks and blue cards in both Deal and Plus today, I came out victorious! Woo hooooooo!! That was fun, I enjoyed Monopoly today lol. :D

I'm trying to figure out how Lav stole the "Spi" from the beginning of my Gamertag here though. Clearly he was up to many shenanigans today, hmmmm lol... :eek: :egypt: :thumbsup: