Whelp... Konami just slit it's own throat.

Prohibiting Kojima from attending the game awards can only be considered the nail in the coffin for this piss-poor excuse for a publisher. You'd think that after everything that has gone on over the past X number of months, they'd have the common sense to keep the facade going. But this is just fucking ridiculous, petty, and incredibly unprofessional.

We all knew they were assholes. This just proved it to the whole world. They've reaffirmed my statement that MGSV would be the last Konami game I ever purchase. Normally I'd say that I'd miss some of the fantastic franchises like Metal Gear, Castlevania, and Silent Hill. But I think it's fair to say that after all of this bullshit, those franchises are completely fucked.

Here's hoping that this all results in the company taking a proverbial dirt nap. So that we might someday see the franchises we love back in the hands of publishers and developers that will do them justice.

Yeah that was pretty fucked up on Konami's part. I am glad they addressed the issue regarding Kojima's absence at the awards and performed Quiet's theme for him. Regardless of his falling out with Konami, he still has much love and support from his fans. :D

For those wondering:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4VAzkK_Wmc]

[/ame]

Yeah that was pretty fucked up on Konami's part. I am glad they addressed the issue regarding Kojima's absence at the awards and performed Quiet's theme for him. Regardless of his falling out with Konami, he still has much love and support from his fans. :D

For those wondering:

I had read about this but hadn't seen the footage until now. Damn...

Good on Geoff for telling it like it was.

For those wondering:

I'm glad that they put all that on for Kojima though. The man's a genius, and being shafted like he has been, I'm sure he had some major feels going on while watching it (if he actually was).

It sucks that they did that to Kojima, but I highly doubt that it's going to hurt Konami much. As much as people bitch about certain games and that they want change, they still end up buying the damn things, won't be any different with this.

Nah. I'm done with them. And I dare say that I'm not the only one by a long shot. Konami has been on the decline for years. I honestly can't see them producing a single game moving forward that I'd be even remotely interested in purchasing. Silent Hills was set to blow socks off. But we all know how that ended.