- Online: 10 [250]

- Approximate time to 250: 30-40 Hours

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 [+2 Partials for the class quests]

- Missable achievements: No

- Does difficulty affect Achievements: Yes

- Unobtainable/Glithed Achievements: No

- Glitchy Achievements: No

Introduction:

The Taken King is the third expansion for Destiny, and by far the largest. It starts the second year of Destiny and brings with it a number of long-requested changes to the game that cut down on some of the grinding that was present in Year 1. It is available for $39.99 on its own, or as part of a few bundles with extra content.

Step 1: The Taken King Quests

You will need a Guardian at Level 25 to begin The Taken King's content. You will receive a Spark of Light from the Postmaster to boost a character to this level (which you can use for a secondary character if you already have one at 25 or higher). Once you log in, travel to Phobos in the Mars region to begin the quests. After the first story mission, you can complete the sub-class quest for your main character.

As you progress and complete the main story content, other quests will open up from Petra and Variks in The Reef and many of the characters in The Tower. Work on all of them to begin and complete the other quest achievements. A few can not be completed until you are inside the raid (Step 2). Collect the Calcified Fragments as you go. You will need 45 of the 50 available.

Step 2: King's Fall Raid

The King's Fall raid requires that the host be level 40 to begin, and it is suggested that the Light Level of characters be around 290, while you are able to enter at 270 (not recommended). Completing the raid on Hard difficulty will unlock both achievements, but you'll want to beat it on Normal first to familiarize yourself with the mechanics and gain some of its loot to help you on Hard.

Continue from Step 1 for the few quests that require actions inside the raid to complete both steps, as well as collecting the few Calcified Fragments found in the raid.

Step 3: Other Sub-Class Quests

You will need to each class at Level 25 to begin and complete their respective quests to unlock their third sub-classes. Do so for your other two characters to complete the final two achievements.

Note: If you unlock these achievements in one version of Destiny (be it 360 or One), you can load up the other generation's version and unlock them automatically without owning the content. :)

Note 2: Similar to vanilla Destiny, if you complete the requirements of an achievement and it does not unlock, use this method to force them to pop.

Note 3: Some of the quests are buggy in that the quest-giver will not have an indication above their head like they should. If you think a new quest should be available, talk to the person anyway and it will likely be there.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2804/106990-lo.jpg The Taken King 40

Complete "The Taken King" quest.

Story related and can not be missed. Complete all of the steps of "The Taken King" to unlock.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2804/106991-lo.jpg Night Court 20

Complete "The Court of Oryx" quest.

To receive "The Court of Oryx" quest, you'll need to participate in a Court of Oryx battle at least once, then return to Eris. She may not have a quest marker over her, but speak with her anyway. To complete the quest you need to beat a number of Court battles.

• Tier 1: 190 Light - Requires a single Reciprocal Rune to start. Complete this tier six times.
  • Tier 2: 240 Light - Requires a charged Stolen Rune, which you can obtain by completing three Tier 1 events with a normal Stolen Rune in your inventory. Complete this tier three times.
  • Tier 3: 300 Light - Requires a charged Antiquated Rune, which you can obtain by completing three Tier 2 events with a normal Antiquated Rune in your inventory. Complete this tier once.

You do not have to be the one to start these battles to receive credit for the quest, so you could get this achievement without collecting or using any runes. However, you don't get very much (if any) loot for completing them when you were not the one to start the battle. You also don't have to be the one to start them to charge the runes. So if you don't have any Stolen Runes but need to charge an Antiquated Rune, you can hang around the Court and hope someone else starts one.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2804/106992-lo.jpg Hunger Pangs 20

Complete "The Old Hunger" quest.

Despite the achievement description saying you need to complete "The Old Hunger" you will complete The Old Hunger in the process of doing Hunger Pangs, and both quests need to be complete to unlock the achievement.

This questline is triggered by the Calcified Fragment collectibles. After you collect various numbers of them, new parts of the quests will unlock. Follow these steps:

• Collect 1 Fragment and bring it to Eris. (1/50)
  • She will give you the "Shattered Past" quest to find 5 more. (6/50)
  • Collect 9 more fragments to unlock the "Hunger Pangs" quest. Complete the Heroic mission. (15/50)
  • Complete the quest "The Old Hunger" by collecting three items from the bosses in the King's Fall raid. You can get the Blade of Famine from the Warpriest, the Shroud of Ir Anûk from the Deathsingers, and The Ravenous Heart from Oryx. Give these to Eris, and then she asks for 50 Weapon Parts, 50 Hadium Flakes, and 25 Wormspore.
  • Collect 15 more fragments to unlock the next section of the Hunger Pangs quest to kill a special enemy in the strike The Undying Mind. (30/50)
  • Collect 15 more fragments to unlock the next section of the Hunger Pangs quest to kill a special enemy in the Fear's Embrace mission. (45/50)

Speak with Eris after killing the final special boss to unlock the achievement and receive the Touch of Malice exotic weapon. There are 50 total Calcified Fragments, of which currently 46 have been found. Use this guide to find them. They are also now tracked at Destiny Ghost Hunter so you can quickly see which you are missing.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2804/106993-lo.jpg Second Wind 20

Complete the "Echoes of Oryx" quest.

Despite the description of the achievement, there is no quest actually called "Echoes of Oryx" to complete. Rather it is referring to a series of quests all involved with killing the Echoes. After completing the achievement "The Taken King" (the main questline of the DLC), you will receive "The Taken War: Earth" from Cayde in the Tower. Finish that, you will receive "The Taken War: Venus" from Ikora, and then "The Taken War: Mars" from Zavala. Each of these will be a few steps long, consisting of regular missions, as well as tasks that require you to kill the Taken spawns during Patrols on each planet (similar to The House of Wolves quest for Petra).

Once all three of those are complete, you will receive the final quest "The Road to King's Fall" from Eris. All you need to do for this is kill each of the bosses inside the King's Fall raid. Return to Eris to unlock the achievement.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2804/106994-lo.jpg Stormcaller 20

Complete "The Stormcaller's Path" quest.

You'll need to have completed the first story mission of The Taken King "The Coming War" (available at Level 25) before this becomes available. As a Warlock, speak to Ikora Rey in The Tower to receive this questline. Complete it to unlock the Stormcaller sub-class, the Stormcaller's Bond, and this achievement.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2804/106995-lo.jpg Sunbreaker 20

Complete "The Sunbreakers' Challenge" quest.

You'll need to have completed the first story mission of The Taken King "The Coming War" (available at Level 25) before this becomes available. As a Titan, speak to Commander Zavala in The Tower to receive this questline. Complete it to unlock the Sunbreaker sub-class, the Stormcaller's Mark, and this achievement.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2804/106996-lo.jpg Nightstalker 20

Complete "The Nightstalker's Trail" quest.

You'll need to have completed the first story mission of The Taken King "The Coming War" (available at Level 25) before this becomes available. As a Hunter, speak to Cayde-6 in The Tower to receive this questline. Complete it to unlock the Nightstalker sub-class, the Nightstalker's Cloak, and this achievement.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2804/106997-lo.jpg Still Got Wolf Problems 20

Complete "The Wolves of Mars" quest.

When you start The Taken King, head to The Reef to speak with Petra so you can begin working on the questline "The Taken War: Petra" as you will come to many of these locations during the story. You are tasked with killing random spawns of Taken enemies on Earth, Venus, and Mars during patrols. Each of these will have a mini-boss to battle after killing three lieutenants. The first one your kill will drop an item required for the quest. They are very tough to kill (and have a ton of other enemies spawn at the same time), so you'll definitely need some help.

Once you complete all of the steps of the above quest, Variks will give you a new questline "The Wolves of Mars" and you will have to kill Fallen enemies on Earth, the Moon, and Venus during patrols, then a special enemy during a patrol on Mars. Then you will receive three proper missions on Mars before the quest will complete and unlock the achievement.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2804/106998-lo.jpg The King is Dead 20

Complete the King's Fall Raid.

See "Long Live the King" for more info.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2804/106999-lo.jpg Long Live the King 50

Complete the King's Fall Raid (Heroic).

Completing the raid on Hard will unlock both achievements, but you will need to complete it on Normal first to familiarize yourself with it and gear up. There are numerous walkthroughs and videos online for help, and you can visit the r/destinysherpa reddit to find people willing to help you if you've never done it before (and they'll be nice and not treat you like a noob).

When anyone finds out if these unlock in both gens of the game then I will see if I can get this. I can't drop 40 twice. Oh the addiction of achievements. At least there isn't anymore PvP. I am total trash at it.

.. you're only going to purchase this if you can get achievements for both X360 and X1?

I mean, I knew those kinds of players existed... but damn, son.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2804/106991-lo.jpg Night Court 20

Complete "The Court of Oryx" quest.

[not story related - still figuring out the pre-reqs to unlock]

http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3943821270-the-court-of-oryx

This unlocked for both me and a friend after we got the 5 Calcified Remains for Eris. Not sure if anything else we did first was needed though.

I completed the description for Still Got Wolf Problems.

The Court of Oryx I think is complete as well (might be a step I'm missing). I don't know how to play that event yet personally, I'm sure it's fairly obvious once you get there.

I have some info on Hunger Pangs, it is completed inside of the raid, so we won't know more until people start tackling that.

This list is definitely a lot harder (and better) than we first thought!

I completed the description for Still Got Wolf Problems.

The Court of Oryx I think is complete as well (might be a step I'm missing). I don't know how to play that event yet personally, I'm sure it's fairly obvious once you get there.

I have some info on Hunger Pangs, it is completed inside of the raid, so we won't know more until people start tackling that.

This list is definitely a lot harder (and better) than we first thought!

Court of Oryx is fun but round 3 is light 300. You complete waves spending runes to start it. You get runes rank 1 and 2 as drops and can buy for Eris at rank 5. Rank 3 runes drop from rank 2 events and from faction packages. Level 3 runes do not get spent if you fail. If you have light 250ish weapons you will not do damage.

Court of Oryx is fun but round 3 is light 300. You complete waves spending runes to start it. You get runes rank 1 and 2 as drops and can buy for Eris at rank 5. Rank 3 runes drop from rank 2 events and from faction packages. Level 3 runes do not get spent if you fail. If you have light 250ish weapons you will not do damage.

The court ids really fun on level 3 we managed to smash out three today with two fireteams present but I would not like to do it with only three people

The court ids really fun on level 3 we managed to smash out three today with two fireteams present but I would not like to do it with only three people

They did it with 2 people. I am sure it scales like other things in the game. It was crazy with 6 people at 250 light. You couldn't step out without dying right away.

I'm getting more and more confused with the court. I went there and I could actually summon the first boss. I did it and defeated him. After that I received a bounty with the Taken King symbol to kill 10 Taken with granades on the Dreadnaught. I did it and received another after completing it. I just read it paying more attention and it says it's a quest step. Maybe that's how I'll unlock the Court? Anyone else seen this?

EDIT: After I completed the second step of the bounty, I went back to Eris and she gave me the quest finally! If someone else don't get it like me, do this: summon the boss once to get this bounty and after that check Eris or keep completing them and checking on her.