What do you want from the DLC?

Slaughter.

There is an infinite amount of possibilities with what Bethesda can do with the DLC for Fallout 4. Of course, it makes sense to have some expectations or some desires for them to take risks with it and to add to the gameplay and story that's already there. Feel free to discuss what you want to see from the DLC below!

---

I know I am probably in the minority here, but I want to see more pre-war stuff. More specifically, I want there to be a DLC where you are the soldier fighting in the war. I think that would be a great idea for a DLC.

Another idea is having your character being sent by the faction you allied with to infiltrate raider groups in different cities (CHICAGO) in order to find the head of the raider hierarchy and assassinate him.

Probably neither of those will happen, but it's always fun to speculate of course.

I want a true endgame scenario, where you can take full control over the entire Commonwealth. It'd be like the Godfather, where you'd take territory bit by bit until you became the total boss.

Basically, taking the settlement feature and turning it up full bore. And I want the ability to actually restore properties, rather than just throwing ramshackle huts up and using burned out buildings.

Sure, there'd be little to do afterwards, but that's sorta the point if it's the endgame.

deep contecnt for the fraction you chose. same dlc but different missions.

e.a. sided with the brotherhood wipe out synth/super mutants in a dlc. sided with the instituted, recover those synths destroy super mutants and the small threath of BoS in the area. if its the Railway infiltrate en hide the synth and avoid/kill mutants, institute/BoS. minutemen.. they just... stand in the way

1 achievement for completing (not an achievement for each fraction since it will suck for a lot of people that already picked sides)

some crap like that, like the broken steel add on just not for one side but..

*spoiler*

mass fusion building, each fraction has a road but the achievement is the same, just like moleculair level. the mission is the same but ends with the fraction you chose

I cannot really say as I haven't experienced the Institute yet but maybe something with them that re-adds body augmentation that was in New Vegas. I reckon what ever will be big and explorable.

I personally want it to add the ability to remove them crappy bits of wall that messes up your settlements or even just a lawnmower type thing to remove bushes. It just bugs me - you can recycle cars and whole trees with a button press but little walls and bushes are fixed, the game does have flamethrowers and sledgehammers!

What about a totally blank area? You could make a settlement say the size of Megaton - houses, shops or even new crafting mixed with shops where you could dump caps or equipment for settlers to arm and armour themselves with or like parcels - you put 20 weapons in and 'send' it to a settlement to change the default equipment.

No settlement bullshit.

108th Infantry DLC with Nata/Nora since a few of the dudes are still alive.

Reviving your spouse by making them a Synth.

Something involving the fucking Gunners or Children of Atom for crying out loud. The former has a shit ton of backstory in terminals that it's clear they were cut as a playable faction in the game, and the latter has potential to have a weird, Fallout-y narrative.

DLC to murder Preston.

So basically u want something that has nothing to do with the Fallout universe?

I just want more of Fallout. Don't care what it is, as long as it's no way near that crap Operation Anchorage

I liked Operation: Anchorage, for one. Also, they can easily integrate a war with the Fallout universe, perhaps answering the questions as to who dropped the bombs in the first place and why.

No settlement bullshit.

108th Infantry DLC with Nata/Nora since a few of the dudes are still alive.

Reviving your spouse by making them a Synth.

Something involving the fucking Gunners or Children of Atom for crying out loud. The former has a shit ton of backstory in terminals that it's clear they were cut as a playable faction in the game, and the latter has potential to have a weird, Fallout-y narrative.

DLC to murder Preston.

Yup.

Yup.

Yup.

YUP! I hate Preston so much. He's so unlikable and out of place. I'll help all of the Commonwealth and make it less annoying by assassinating him!

I hope they delve into the Gunner's as well. Personally a whole gang of heavily armed and highly trained mercenaries is LEAGUES more interesting than a cult of delusional crazies worshipping the destruction of humanity.

I hate Preston so much. He's so unlikable and out of place. I'll help all of the Commonwealth and make it less annoying by assassinating him!

I hope they delve into the Gunner's as well. Personally a whole gang of heavily armed and highly trained mercenaries is LEAGUES more interesting than a cult of delusional crazies worshipping the destruction of humanity.

You can replace Preston with a piece of cardboard and have a better character. He's so stiff and lame. Him and whiny Jun and bitch-face Marcy.

Zetans! But this time with a bigger mothership or even their own Vault and maybe some weird devise so you can build your own vault, like the Tok'ra from Stargate. (Always thought New Vegas dropped the ball by not adding them, it's set in the Nevada Desert for gawd sake)

Haven't advanced much into the story but here is what I have so far:

A long Quest with KL-E-0 That ends in her becoming a Permanent companion.

More weapons/armor and mods and some color mods like the power armor has. Some dummies to place in settlements so you can display it would be nice too.

More Giant enemies, Ant's for example (I still have fond memories of It Came From the Desert)

Vault Tec DLC, where you find a list of as yet unknown vaults and explore them. The wackier the better.

Backstory DLC: Using the Memory Den to delve into the past of various people (this is less what I want, and more what I expect)

Edited by SpinelesS

Haven't advanced much into the story but here is what I have so far:

A long Quest with KL-E-0 That ends in her becoming a Permanent companion.

More weapons/armor and mods and some color mods like the power armor has. Some dummies to place in settlements so you can display it would be nice too.

More Giant enemies, Ant's for example (I still have fond memories of It Came From the Desert)

Vault Tec DLC, where you find a list of as yet unknown vaults and explore them. The wackier the better.

Backstory DLC: Using the Memory Den to delve into the past of various people (this is less what I want, and more what I expect)

Don't worry about the Power Armor dummies. By the end of the game you'll have so many it's ridiculous. I haven't played too much since finishing the story, but I have somewhere around a dozen Power Armors, all ready to go at a moment's notice, and almost 50 full Fusion Cores. Never had to buy one.

One minor thing I'd love is a companion locator, showing exactly where everyone you've had as your companion is on the map, and the ability to toggle who you're looking for. It would sure come in handy now that Piper has vanished off the face of the earth in my game.

Was tempted to leave Nick Valentines personal quest unfinished because the current step is to talk to him, so he is marked on my map whenever I activate his quest :) Then I remembered I'm only partnering up with him to max out his affinity and get his perk :p

Don't worry about the Power Armor dummies. By the end of the game you'll have so many it's ridiculous. I haven't played too much since finishing the story, but I have somewhere around a dozen Power Armors, all ready to go at a moment's notice, and almost 50 full Fusion Cores. Never had to buy one.

I meant dummies you can dress in normal armor and weapons to display it. I too have a bunch of power armor. Was collecting one in every paintjob but sadly some of them don't change the outward appearance (ablative etc)

Edited by SpinelesS

I meant dummies you can dress in normal armor and weapons to display it. I too have a bunch of power armor. Was collecting one in every paintjob but sadly some of them don't change the outward appearance (ablative etc)

You mean like mannequins, that worked so well for Skyrim: Hearthfire, lol.

I also have loads of power armour, my routine is kill stuff and loot, goto Atom Cats to sell and end up having enough change to buy a frame which I store and am forever finding dead Brotherhood of Steele.

I have just unlocked the Boston Airport buildable area which is just a big strip of concrete that you cannot even plant food so I'll make a big Terracota Armor and store them all at that location:)

More vaults would really be nice, but it seems to me like they could have done so much more with the Glowing Sea. A city built underground would work for me with a new set of NPC's, weapons, and enemies.

The only part of the game I haven't really gotten into is the settlement parts, but I'll get whatever they put out anyway.

More vaults would really be nice, but it seems to me like they could have done so much more with the Glowing Sea. A city built underground would work for me with a new set of NPC's, weapons, and enemies.

The only part of the game I haven't really gotten into is the settlement parts, but I'll get whatever they put out anyway.

Interesting, as I actually don't want ANY new vaults. Reason being is that through, all of my experiences with vaults throughout the three games, I got lost every time. I associate vaults with mazes, and that shouldn't be happening.

I do think they could do more with the Glowing Sea but I wouldn't really like an underground city tbh. A lot of what makes Fallout great is the act of staring out into the distance and seeing the chaos caused by the bombs. Being underground, you wouldn't really see any of that.

New areas like they did in last 2 games. Sorry but Boston wasteland is crap

As long as the DLC is not like op Anchorage, Mothership zeta or Dead money (none of that was fun)

Maybe Enclave DLC (who wipe out the minutemen at the start!), or new factions with new weapons that are not re-skinned ones from 4. They can do anything so they better now do the kill. loot. return things again

I'd like to see more building options, remove the limit and add more options. Like I want to be able to build a base like a vault or multi floor building. Like a fully functional tenpenny tower.

It sucks to only easily be able to build a two floor building. The problem lies in the internal stairs being ground to 2nd level (1 layer floor boards to 2 layer floor boards), why cannot they just add a stair that starts with the double floor boards?

It sucks to only easily be able to build a two floor building. The problem lies in the internal stairs being ground to 2nd level (1 layer floor boards to 2 layer floor boards), why cannot they just add a stair that starts with the double floor boards?

No idea what your talking about here. There is a set of stairs that has a floor board on either end. As long as you have a floor on the ground floor, and use the stairs as one of the floor boards, you can build until you reach the area's height cap.

No idea what your talking about here. There is a set of stairs that has a floor board on either end. As long as you have a floor on the ground floor, and use the stairs as one of the floor boards, you can build until you reach the area's height cap.

The 'ground floor' wooden floor boards are 1 layer thick and the 'second floor' floor boards are two layers thick. The internal stairs have 1 layer for the ground and two layers for the upper.