Achievement Discussion Thread

JuSt BLaZe

Please discuss anything regarding the achievements in this thread. The list can be found HERE!

http://cdn1-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2015/06/resident-evil-RE0-0-zero-haeder.jpg

Release Dates:

US: January 19, 2016

EU: January 19, 2016

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

• 1 month later...
I want to ask how to destroy zombie legs. I got the shotgun and aim down but zombies just simply die, without breaking legs.

On what difficulty you are playing? I do my first run on Hard and it seems they die quickly if you play on lower difficulties. Rather than losing legs they get killed instantly.

Are you using the Shotgun or the Hunting Gun?

They both take shotgun ammo, but I could only get the achievement once I got the actual shotgun and aimed for their legs.

Same for me

That shotgun I got is the one on the train early in the game (is it the "actual shotgun" you mentioned?). I tried on Easy and Normal and couldn't break zombie legs on the train. I even tried using the knife to attack their legs first, but the shotgun blast merely killed them.

I will try again on Hard tonight and see if I can do this achievement.

Edited by ImaginaryRuins

It seems you can't farm

"20/20 Vision" Kill 50 enemies with the Death Stare at full charge.

This in Wesker Mode after beating the game. You get Wesker (who has the death stare ability) instead of Billy.

I found the perfect spot to get 14 in a few minutes. (The Timed section of the Train) I did it 3 times (from a save) and only got 14 kills. I guess it has to be 50 "different" enemies.

Anyone know how you get "Welcome to Team Wesker"

Put on Team Wesker costume. ?

I'm playing Wesker Mode and both Rebecca & Wesker (Billy) are dressed in a Wesker costume. Do I have to complete the game in Wesker Mode?

Just a note about Misdirected Hostility. In the end, I still couldn't destroy zombie legs in the train section, no matter in Easy Normal Hard difficulties. However, once I got to Training Facility, I used the same Hunting Gun to shoot a zombie soldier. This time, legs immediately broken in just one shot (Hard difficulty). As it crawled on the ground I stomped its head as it grabbed me, instantly unlocking Dead Dead Deadski as well.

It seems you can't farm

This in Wesker Mode after beating the game. You get Wesker (who has the death stare ability) instead of Billy.

I found the perfect spot to get 14 in a few minutes. (The Timed section of the Train) I did it 3 times (from a save) and only got 14 kills. I guess it has to be 50 "different" enemies.

I'm playing Wesker Mode and both Rebecca & Wesker (Billy) are dressed in a Wesker costume. Do I have to complete the game in Wesker Mode?

You unlock the Wesker costume for Rebecca once you complete Wesker Mode, I've just managed to finish it in 2 hous and 18 minutes but you don't get a rank for Wesker Mode for some reason, so I haven't gotten my S rank.

I now have a question about Mimicry Marcus knife kill achievement. The achievement description says knife kill it "for the first time". What does this mean? So if I don't kill the first Mimicry Marcus I first encounter, I will miss this achievement?

I don't think it matters which Marcus you kill with a knife, since the first one you encounter is on the train as Rebecca anyway. I've just done it on Easy, there are 2 in the West (left) side of the 1F Training Facility. One in the toilet and another one spawns in the corridoor once you go up to the locked clock door and come back down the corridoor to enter back into the 1F lobby.

I attempted on the first Leech Marcus in the toilet using Billy with Rebecca set to attack with a knife but she landed the final kill slash and I didn't get the achievement. Went outside into the corridoor and triggered the spawn for the 2nd Leech Marcus, did the exact same thing landing the kill slash with Billy this time and the achievement unlocked.

I don't think it matters which Marcus you kill with a knife, since the first one you encounter is on the train as Rebecca anyway. I've just done it on Easy, there are 2 in the West (left) side of the 1F Training Facility. One in the toilet and another one spawns in the corridoor once you go up to the locked clock door and come back down the corridoor to enter back into the 1F lobby.

I attempted on the first Leech Marcus in the toilet using Billy with Rebecca set to attack with a knife but she landed the final kill slash and I didn't get the achievement. Went outside into the corridoor and triggered the spawn for the 2nd Leech Marcus, did the exact same thing landing the kill slash with Billy this time and the achievement unlocked.

Oh god that's a relief. I had no idea the thing I met in the corridor was a Mimicry Marcus and I killed it with 3 explosive bottles. Looks like this achievement is more like "kill a Mimicry Marcus with a knife in the Training Facility".

The thing is I'm playing on Hard and have left the knife in the train. I guess I'll start a separate Easy playthrough to speedrun to the training facility to knife kill another Mimicry Marcus then. Thanks so much, ninjaraiden.

It seems you can't farm

im pretty sure its 50 kills in a single run. iv played through wesker mode twice and it hasnt popped. if your killing enemies then reloading a save then those enemies pretty much get taken off your total, although it doesnt reset the progress bar.

@imaginaryruins

its probly best you do it on easy, dont fancy having a knife fight with one of those things on hard. it does a lot of damage and will just make it frustrating

its probly best you do it on easy, dont fancy having a knife fight with one of those things on hard. it does a lot of damage and will just make it frustrating

In the end, I really had to do an Easy speedrun up to the training facility. That thing really wasn't something to be messed with on Hard difficulty. On Easy, it is much, much more manageable.

Side note, the achievement doesn't allow dealing the last blow with the knife; it requires using only the knife from start to finish.

In the end, I really had to do an Easy speedrun up to the training facility. That thing really wasn't something to be messed with on Hard difficulty. On Easy, it is much, much more manageable.

Side note, the achievement doesn't allow dealing the last blow with the knife; it requires using only the knife from start to finish.

yeah i avoided that thing as much as possible when playing on hard lol. annoying enemy.

i tried dealing last blow with the knife too and it doesnt pop. i guess to be fair the achievement does say defeat it using only the knife. no harm trying tho

If I didn't have a lot going on in life along with too many ailments stacking up...I'd do the achievement guide for this game too like I did REmake .__.; I might still do it later on...I'll take notes as I play though. I want to make sure it's of the same quality I gave in this one:

Resident Evil HD Remaster Achievement Guide and Roadmap

what are the bosses cuz as far is i no iv killed them all with rebecca and my progress is only on 60%

now im up to 80% but im on the last bass which you can kill with her. so it seems like im missing 1 cuz it went for 60 to 80.

never mind it popped at the end of the game

Edited by jroller1979

what are the bosses cuz as far is i no iv killed them all with rebecca and my progress is only on 60%

now im up to 80% but im on the last bass which you can kill with her. so it seems like im missing 1 cuz it went for 60 to 80.

never mind it popped at the end of the game

The game is rather tricky concerning this. For Stingger & Infected Bat, going in with the wrong person (fixing cable & entering church) can easily void the achievement. I believe for the rest, simply idle Billy will be okay.

Speaking of Infected Bat, could anyone help me get 16 small bats killed? I use (or have to) Rebecca and the Shotgun with 19 spare ammos, but she dies very quickly.

The game is rather tricky concerning this. For Stingger & Infected Bat, going in with the wrong person (fixing cable & entering church) can easily void the achievement. I believe for the rest, simply idle Billy will be okay.

Speaking of Infected Bat, could anyone help me get 16 small bats killed? I use (or have to) Rebecca and the Shotgun with 19 spare ammos, but she dies very quickly.

id recommend switching shotgun for pistol and dont do it with rebecca, even tho the boss fight is triggered you can still leave the church and switch to billy and even go back to the training facility.

use shotgun to damage the big bat to trigger the little ones, kill all little ones with hand gun. i say hand gun because the shotgun has wide spread and often hits the boss and eventually kills it while your shooting the little ones.

switch to billy because hes the tank. head back to training facility to pick up some health if you need to

id recommend switching shotgun for pistol and dont do it with rebecca, even tho the boss fight is triggered you can still leave the church and switch to billy and even go back to the training facility.

use shotgun to damage the big bat to trigger the little ones, kill all little ones with hand gun. i say hand gun because the shotgun has wide spread and often hits the boss and eventually kills it while your shooting the little ones.

switch to billy because hes the tank. head back to training facility to pick up some health if you need to

I WISH I could've seen this earlier; I replayed an earlier backup save because I didn't know you could go out of the church to switch person!!!!! ARGH!

Anyway, yes, the (custom) pistol is better; much better indeed because it fires more rapidly. I got the achievement on my 3rd attempt, with Billy.

After that, I used the grenade launcher with flame rounds. I kept reloading save and managed to land all 5 hits on the Bat, killing it very quickly without losing any health, and I was using Rebecca.

Edited by ImaginaryRuins

I WISH I could've seen this earlier; I replayed an earlier backup save because I didn't know you could go out of the church to switch person!!!!! ARGH!

Anyway, yes, the (custom) pistol is better; much better indeed because it fires more rapidly. I got the achievement on my 3rd attempt, with Billy.

After that, I used the grenade launcher with flame rounds. I kept reloading save and managed to land all 5 hits on the Bat, killing it without losing any health, and I was using Rebecca.

haha i only found out because i had no choice but to try, i left rebecca outside but i needed more fire power so i just went outside.

at least you got it tho. i hate that bat. feels like a troll boss just flying everywhere, getting his stupid little bats to attack you, pain in the ass to lock onto him and the attack where he picks you up is just annoying lol

What is the difference between Once Again and Restart?

Frankly that's a damn good question. I saw no difference at all. You can choose between new costumes, have already unlimited ammo in your inventory and the files are reset on both options. Weird. I'd choose ONCE AGAIN though.