Challenge/Franchise Clubs Feedback, Suggestions, Discussion, etc.

Guest Scotty

Hey guys, just a few quick items:

For Games With Gold Tier 1, does Deadlight Director's Cut for X1 count, or must it be Deadlight from XBLA?

In the Gotta Go Fast Tier 1 in the checklist thread, the link for Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is broken and doesn't take you to the published guide. It says game not found for some reason. Might just need a URL updated or something.

In the X1 max club forum, Homefront The Revolution wasn't stickied so it's at the very end of the list. Just wanted to point this out so people don't think they're first if they don't see it in alphabetical order.

I'll bring the Deadlight issue up with the MC team, but at a quick glance it seems the X1 version has 2 extra achievements and the stance on these things is that as long as the achievement list is identical either/or will suffice, but it seems they mustn't be identical if 1 has more than the other. Ill bring it up though and see what everyone says.

Ill fix the other 2 issues soon too, thank you for pointing them out, as always! :cool:

EDIT: Both issues sorted, cheers again!

Edited by Scotty

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bring the Deadlight issue up with the MC team, but at a quick glance it seems the X1 version has 2 extra achievements and the stance on these things is that as long as the achievement list is identical either/or will suffice, but it seems they mustn't be identical if 1 has more than the other. Ill bring it up though and see what everyone says.

Ill fix the other 2 issues soon too, thank you for pointing them out, as always! :cool:

EDIT: Both issues sorted, cheers again!

Ah OK, just asking before I bother playing the Director's Cut on Game Pass and it doesn't count.

One other thing - for The Pillars of the Earth, it's a game with 3 episodes totaling 1490 :1gs: yet the max club for it just says "The Pillars of the Earth 1000 Club." Should that read 1490 instead of 1000?

Ah OK, just asking before I bother playing the Director's Cut on Game Pass and it doesn't count.

One other thing - for The Pillars of the Earth, it's a game with 3 episodes totaling 1490 :1gs: yet the max club for it just says "The Pillars of the Earth 1000 Club." Should that read 1490 instead of 1000?

No, 1000:1gs: is correct. The first Episode/base game is for 1000:1gs: and the subsequent episodes/DLC are 250:1gs: and 230:1gs:. It is at 1000 for now since that is all that has been signed up for. When someone signs up for the second/third episodes/DLC, the title will be fixed to read ''1000 & 250/230 DLC Clubs''. :)

No, 1000:1gs: is correct. The first Episode/base game is for 1000:1gs: and the subsequent episodes/DLC are 250:1gs: and 230:1gs:. It is at 1000 for now since that is all that has been signed up for. When someone signs up for the second/third episodes/DLC, the title will be fixed to read ''1000 & 250/230 DLC Clubs''. :)

Ah OK, since it's episodic I wasn't expecting the first episode to be treated like a normal base game as far as max club points. Didn't realize it was a full 1000 for the first episode and only smaller amounts for the second and third episodes. Thanks for the clarification!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just want to confirm before I buy and start working on it: can Shovel Knight (Win 10) be used for each of the challenge clubs it's in? They don't specify either, and they also only mention one of the two 500gs DLCs. Just want to confirm I can apply the Win 10 version anywhere Shovel Knight shows up.

Hey guys, I just want to confirm before I buy and start working on it: can Shovel Knight (Win 10) be used for each of the challenge clubs it's in? They don't specify either, and they also only mention one of the two 500gs DLCs. Just want to confirm I can apply the Win 10 version anywhere Shovel Knight shows up.

Yeah either/or will count. The rule for stacks is if the achievement list is identical then either will count. We just don't always remember to update the clubs, especially when one version comes out much sooner than the other. :o

Edited by Scotty

Yeah either/or will count. The rule for stacks is if the achievement list is identical then either will count. We just don't always remember to update the clubs, especially when one version comes out much sooner than the other. :o

OK that's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification. I won't bug you guys about them anymore!

• 3 months later...
Couldn't find anywhere else to ask this so I'll ask it here: I played and completed Child of Light on Xbox One. Can I use its When Pigs Fly achievement toward the Arcade Crazy awards or no?

I would say no but don’t quote me on that. Both Overachiever and Arcade Crazy are 360 specific which is why we created Enthusiastic/Fanatic for the X1. I know for clubs we now allow either 360 or X1 completions, but not sure on the challenges. Andrew would probably be able to answer definitively. I’ll poke him.

I would say no but don’t quote me on that. Both Overachiever and Arcade Crazy are 360 specific which is why we created Enthusiastic/Fanatic for the X1. I know for clubs we now allow either 360 or X1 completions, but not sure on the challenges. Andrew would probably be able to answer definitively. I’ll poke him.

Yeah I thought that might be the case, but since it's the exact same achievement in the exact same game I figured I'd ask. I'll assume no unless I hear otherwise from Andrew.

Couldn't find anywhere else to ask this so I'll ask it here: I played and completed Child of Light on Xbox One. Can I use its When Pigs Fly achievement toward the Arcade Crazy awards or no?

Yeah I thought that might be the case, but since it's the exact same achievement in the exact same game I figured I'd ask. I'll assume no unless I hear otherwise from Andrew.

So, this hasn't come up since we started up the Enthusiast/Fanatic list. If it's the same game ported over to the XB1 (Child of Light) or even if it has additional content and achievements (Bastion), as long as the requirements to unlock the specific achievement are the same, I'm totally ok with the XB1 version being used for the Overachiever or Arcade Crazy awards.

It actually makes total sense because we specifically did not allow achievements from 360 games re-released on the XB1 to nominated for the Enthusiast/Fanatic lists, so it feels right for them to qualify for the older Overachiever and Arcade Crazy lists.

Necro and JRoller, go ahead and signup with any of the XB1 achievements that qualify. I'm happy to get you all updated and moving up the leaderboard.

So, this hasn't come up since we started up the Enthusiast/Fanatic list. If it's the same game ported over to the XB1 (Child of Light) or even if it has additional content and achievements (Bastion), as long as the requirements to unlock the specific achievement are the same, I'm totally ok with the XB1 version being used for the Overachiever or Arcade Crazy awards.

It actually makes total sense because we specifically did not allow achievements from 360 games re-released on the XB1 to nominated for the Enthusiast/Fanatic lists, so it feels right for them to qualify for the older Overachiever and Arcade Crazy lists.

Necro and JRoller, go ahead and signup with any of the XB1 achievements that qualify. I'm happy to get you all updated and moving up the leaderboard.

OK awesome, that's good to know. I still only have like 6 on the Arcade Crazy list haha so I won't bother signing up until I have 10. But at least I'm one closer!

OK awesome, that's good to know. I still only have like 6 on the Arcade Crazy list haha so I won't bother signing up until I have 10. But at least I'm one closer!

Right on dude. There are some super easy ones out there. Even some that have been ported over to the XB1. You could definitely get up to ten before the end of January with ease.

Right on dude. There are some super easy ones out there. Even some that have been ported over to the XB1. You could definitely get up to ten before the end of January with ease.

True but I probably won't rush it. It'll come naturally as I work on challenge clubs.

Guest Scotty
Any news on when the next challenge/franchise club is going to come out? :) So many new games that deserve to be on a tier 5 as well!

There's the obligatory 'Best of...' club, but nothing else on the horizon other than Corrupt's 2000 point club when he makes it. Tier 5's and above are always welcome but none right now are ready to be presented.

Also this thread exists to suggest things too, if you or anyone else has an idea for a club feel free to post it. There's no guarantee it will be made of course but the better you present an idea the more seriously we will take it.

There's the obligatory 'Best of...' club, but nothing else on the horizon other than Corrupt's 2000 point club when he makes it. Tier 5's and above are always welcome but none right now are ready to be presented.

Also this thread exists to suggest things too, if you or anyone else has an idea for a club feel free to post it. There's no guarantee it will be made of course but the better you present an idea the more seriously we will take it.

Here are some suggestions for new tiers:

Adhere to the Creed - Tier 5

AC Syndicate

AC Origins

AC Odyssey

Also for this club, you could make Tier 4 be any of the three AC Chronicles games rather than just China, since the other two Chronicles games aren't represented. Or, instead of having Black Flag in two tiers, group it together as "(360 or X1)" in Tier 2 and then put a Chronicles game in Tier 3 instead. Seems weird to have the exact same game in two separate tiers since no other clubs do that, especially when there are two more unused Chronicles games.

[email protected] - Tier 5

Bridge Constructor (Portal or Stunts)

Bulb Boy

Celeste

Ittle Dew 2

Dye

Scratch The SURFACE - Tier 5

Heart Box

Microsoft Solitaire Collection

Cosmo Run

Alto's Adventure

Bulb Boy is far too easy for Tier 5 surely ?

That's what I thought too, but now that tiers are separate it doesn't really matter. I thought now it makes more sense for each tier to have games that range in difficulty in the actual tier. Plus how can you keep putting harder and harder games for higher and higher tiers?

There are a tons of good Indie games. It's really hard to pick only 4-5 for a tier. Especially if you want to try to make Tier 5 the hardest tier so far. If that's the case then you can just sort TA by highest score for [email protected] games and pick some of the hardest. But I feel like since tiers are separate now, each tier should have 4-5 games where one or two are easier and one or two are tough.

I just thought Bulb Boy was a crazy weird game that is worth putting on the list.

Also, the other clubs such as Assassin's Creed and the Lego games don't get progressively more difficult, so I don't think these need to either.

Edited by Necrophage33

Guest Scotty
Here are some suggestions for new tiers:

Adhere to the Creed - Tier 5

AC Syndicate

AC Origins

AC Odyssey

Also for this club, you could make Tier 4 be any of the three AC Chronicles games rather than just China, since the other two Chronicles games aren't represented. Or, instead of having Black Flag in two tiers, group it together as "(360 or X1)" in Tier 2 and then put a Chronicles game in Tier 3 instead. Seems weird to have the exact same game in two separate tiers since no other clubs do that, especially when there are two more unused Chronicles games.

[email protected] - Tier 5

Bridge Constructor (Portal or Stunts)

Bulb Boy

Celeste

Ittle Dew 2

Dye

Scratch The SURFACE - Tier 5

Heart Box

Microsoft Solitaire Collection

Cosmo Run

Alto's Adventure

Assassin's Creed club is currently being looked at. We don't have anything to show yet, but we've got some ideas for a new tier and some ideas for an entire overhaul of the club too.

The ID club is a good one to update since there are so many ID games so that will be considered and as for the scratch the surface that was only given a tier 4 in August of last year so older/clubs that have had less attention would come before it.

Thanks for the suggestions, as always!

Bulb Boy is far too easy for Tier 5 surely ?

We have mostly moved away from difficulty being tied to tier, however we would still have at least more substantial games further into the tiers, so i'm not sure about Bulb Boy or what it is, but if it was easy and like an hour or so to complete it likely woulnd't be considered for a higher tier. However, we specifically made the ID club follow a progressive difficulty so if Bulb Boy is easy it wouldn't go into tier 5.

Edited by Scotty

The [RPG!!!] and [Thought, Precision and Planning] challenge clubs could certainly use new tiers, I believe. I know Creech wanted the latter as a three tier club but it really needs to be expanded on for newer Xbox One titles.

Suggestions:

RPG!!! Tier 5

- Battle Chasers: Nightwar

- Divinity Original Sin 2

- Final Fantasy XV

- NieR: Automata

- Torment: Tides of Numenera

Thought, Precision and Planning Tier 4

- Halo Wars 2

- Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs

- The Banner Saga

- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales