Gaming Resolutions 2016

EmporerDragon

It's that time of year again, so time to make the next iteration of my yearly topic.

As the year draws to a close, it's time to make promises to ourselves that we won't keep, aka New Year's resolutions. So, anyone have any gaming-related resolutions?

If you can't remember if you made any resolutions yourself, here's last year's topic: http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=609923

My goals for last year were:

- Try to get my completion % up to 65 (currently hovering right at 59%)

Failed - I'm still at 59% though, so I at least didn't lose anything

- Get to 150K GS

Failed - I'm only about 5K away though, so it is still feasible, if I can tear myself away from Fallout 4.

- Finally get around to building another bookshelf for my backlog

Passed - Got that bookshelf made. However, I now need a third one. This is what happens when you try to collect every 360 game out there.

- Get the trio of rare amiibos (Marth, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer) without paying scalper's costs

Partially Passed - Marth and Villager are in my collection, but I have yet to get the Wii Fit Trainer, as whenever I've found her for cheap, I've also found other decently rare amiibos like Robin and Lucina on sale and picked them up instead.

- Get at least 2 more unusuals in Team Fortress 2 with the particle effect "Massed Flies"

Technically Failed - While my Massed Flies collection didn't grow, I instead found a love of the effect "Green Confetti" and my collection surged with them instead. Now, with 32 hats in the collection, it is one of the, if not the, largest public collections of said particle effect.

My goals for 2016:

- Reach 65% completion rate

- Reach 175 GS

- Get another gaming bookshelf

- Get my Green Confetti collection in Team Fortress 2 to above 40 hats

- Get all the driver characters for Skylanders Superchargers (11 needed)

- Try to finish up my Skylanders Trap Team collection without paying absurd prices (Damn you, Blackout!) (16 needed)

- Complete my Smash Bros. Amiibo collection (24 needed)

2015 Goals http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6502036&postcount=15

-300,000G (Doubtful, I'll probably hit around 280k ish as it's a busy year for me and I never go all out during GSL. :p)

-80% Completion - (Currently 79%, I know it doesn't seem much like a goal but I tend to start 10 new games every month and only finish maybe 2 of them lol.)

-Complete The Crew (Please fix it, Ubi)

-Reach 50,000G in Racing games.

I pass all my goals lol. I was also super accurate about my Gamerscore comment, I was at 281k when GSL started and it was after 10 days that I decided to start scoring.

Goals for 16'

400k, 75k in Racing games & don't go mental during GSL this time.

Last year I wanted to hit 50000:gsicon:, and I reached that, which I am very proud of.

Goals for 2015:

• Reach 75000:gsicon:
  • Get an Xbox One (I'm confident we'll get one this year)
  • Build a bigger shelf for all my games and other things like antiques that I like to collect
  • Complete every game I receive/buy (or try my best to)
  • Land at least 3 more club awards.

I am current at 86K, so I have done that!

Got an Xbox One; check!

I have tried to complete every game I bought and I did a decent job (minus some ones that I just do NOT feel like finishing like GTA IV).

And I have actually done that as well! Over the course of 2015 I completed Best of 2014 Tier 2, Adhere to the Creed Tier 4, and my personal favorite, Cops n' Robbers Tier 2 (+ subscriber clubs award if you count that)!

---

2016 Goals

• 125000:gsicon:
  • One tier 3 or 4 of a challenge club (not a franchise club)
  • Clean up my backlog as best as I can!

Hopefully I can get those. Best of luck to me and everyone else on their goals as well! :)

Didn't even know you made this thread last year. Hm.

2016 Resolutions:

-Survive Spring Semester without a console

-Complete all current games on backlog (Child of Light, Witcher 3, AC: China, Pure Pool, Tales from the Borderlands, For Honor [accrued over Spring Semester], Dark Souls III [accrued over Spring Semester], Pure Pool, ARK: Survival Evolved, MGS: Ground Zeroes, Killer Instinct, whatever other GwG that doesn't suck)

-Reduce gaming by at least 40% to work on actual life skills like knowing how to fix cars

To complete 50 games.

So far I'm at 28. Gonna be tough though as the 360 console I bought is over a year old now, life expectancy was never much more on these things for me.

But again its got to the point where I have so many games it would be silly not to buy another 360 instead of going to the PS4/X-One, like I was hoping.

Also I'm jobless as of 01/01/2016, and need to be hunting more important things beside achieezos. Plus got to hammer the gym as well.

Reach 30k (Maybe 40k if I reach 30k really eearly)

Obtain a total of 20 Completions

Obtain 90% Completion

Complete Warframe

At 18.7K Currently, have 13 completions, sitting on 68%, and working through Warframe.

Edited by KillerBEA

No gamerscore milestones or completion percentage goals on Xbox for me. Just gonna play more games. Might be gaming more on Steam/Wii U/3DS.

After giving it more thought I think I will try to finish off all of my 360 games. I'll still keep my 360 once I'm done. Might get the odd game here and there in the future too, but for the most part I think it's time to retire my 360.

It's getting harder for me to manage my time across all systems since I recently purchased a PS4. I hate neglecting one system for extended periods of time. I don't know how people do it, I've been debating on selling something.

I've failed to get rid of my 360 backlog. At least there's going to be backwards compatibility support for Halo Wars in the future, I'll just mop up a few achievements in that but I'm not going to complete it. I think the last couple of 360 games I'll 100% will be Zone of the Enders 2, MGSV: The Phantom Pain, and LEGO Batman. Then I'm done with the 360. Going to finish these before April, that's my target.

My goals for 2016

Xbox

Get to 250,000 GS

Complete 240 games (currently 217)

Increase completion percentage to 65%

PlayStation

Get to Trophy Level 11 (barely at 9 right now)

Play 80 games on the PlayStation systems (currently at 36)

Overall I would like to finish/beat (not necessarily complete) 30 games this next year.

Edited by Lord Chabelo

Finish a large part of my backlog that goes all the way back to 2009! I need to get some completions under my belt! I counted around 30 games that I need to continue/begin, including Thief for both consoles...

I have around 20 games that are almost at completion and another 20 odd that require paid DLC to complete. Not looking forward to that one.

Cheer up, 30 is small potatoes compared to some the the gargantuan backlogs like mine. As of last count, I'm sitting at about 410 titles in my 360/One backlog.

Well tbf I'm saying 30 games in which I have zero gamerscore. I have played over 200 games and I'm embarrassed to say how many completions I have lol.

It looks like I accomplished my goals that I posted last year! I passed 100K last month as well as earning over 5 platinum trophies.

For 2016, I am going to try to shoot for 150,000:gsicon:. It definitely will be a huge stretch given how slowly I tend to get gamerscore, but I am going to try to get through my backlog and made a push to make a bigger dent in it. For the Vita, I'm going to try to get over 1,000 trophies and 5 more platinums for 2016.