Early thoughts on RE0 game play.

Tassie Tiger

I'm enjoying it so far but their are a few things that are annoying.

But what would it be if a Resident Evil game didn't have annoying features. ;)

There is nowhere to store anything apart from what you carry.

Both Rebecca and Billy have only 6 slots.

Billy has a knife and gun. Which leaves only 4 for ammo and everything else.

Rebecca has a gun. Which leaves her 5 slots.

But they both fill up fast when you have both carrying ammo, a health pack or herb. Plus an ink ribbon. I find myself having to drop stuff to pick up essential items.

As you are often apart you also have to do a bit of careful equipment exchanges to ensure you each have what you need.

I am now just leaving stuff lying around the train. Now they are giving me 2 slot weapons, I can't carry all weapons and ammo and essentials.

I hated the default control scheme. But thankfully you have a choice of 5. I always want LT - for aiming and RT - for shooting (Type D controls gives me that)

But overall, over 90 minutes in, I am enjoying it despite the inventory issues.

It is classic Resident Evil fun and I am looking forward to the rest of it.

Edited by Tassie Tiger

Yeah I'm using various rooms to store stuff. You basically have to, just the weapons and ammo would use up every slot.

It is handy that the map shows you where you left everything.

There is no use carrying the ink ribbon. So I just leave that in the typewriter room.

It would be nice if you could carry at least double.

Billy's a big boy, it seems silly that he can't carry more than a gun, a shottie, a knife, and ammo.

Edit: One of my big concerns has been answered.

I was worried you would lose your stuff at certain points of no return. No Spoilers.

At the end of the train section, all the gear that I left scattered around the train was magically laying on the ground at the start of the new section. :)

Edit 2: I noticed the Ink Ribbons didn't come off the train with the rest of the stuff. I had been using them sparingly so I would have some for later on. I had to load a save and play the last section of the train again to keep them. So hang onto the Ink Ribbons (if you want to keep them) on the train once you get to [spoiler=1]the part where you have to use the Blue Keycard to access the front section of the train.

I might just keep them in Rebecca's inventory from now on.

Edited by Tassie Tiger

Seems just like I remember it so far. Had to switch up the control scheme to Type D for the old school LT aim - RT fire. Also switched to the "original" scheme so I can dodge better with my running, had some slight issues with that on RE1HD.

Jumped straight in on Hard and managed to get out of the train fairly comfortably, just taking a break for food before I carry on as I remember the next being challenging on ammo consumption during a standard Hard run. So far so good though, just as enjoyable as it was back in the day!

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I will mention, though, that many of the items are designed to be dropped. You drop your items rather than using an item box like the previous games. So to make things easier, you can designate some rooms to be a storage room.

so are you saying you can drop your items any were and they will still be there later on if need be

so are you saying you can drop your items any were and they will still be there later on if need be

Everything stays where you left it. They even show up on your map.

Items that you haven't picked up won't show though, so even if I don't need an item, I picked it up and drop it so it will show on the map.

There is a lot of running back and forth for items in this game.

Everything stays where you left it. They even show up on your map.

Items that you haven't picked up won't show though, so even if I don't need an item, I picked it up and drop it so it will show on the map.

There is a lot of running back and forth for items in this game.

thanx again tassie not got the game yet getting it on disk. just getting info at mo

I know I'm nitpicking but I'm fucking outraged that I can't do RT and A like I could in RE1

I'm stuck with RB and A as it's mimicing PS2 L1 and X which is completly wrong because GameCube perspective I would be holding Z + A which was NOT how you played.

My only other option is RE5 style LT + RT and no, I can't play like that in Old School.

I know I'm nitpicking but I'm fucking outraged that I can't do RT and A like I could in RE1

I'm stuck with RB and A as it's mimicing PS2 L1 and X which is completly wrong because GameCube perspective I would be holding Z + A which was NOT how you played.

My only other option is RE5 style LT + RT and no, I can't play like that in Old School.

That's my best choice right there. I agree I'd prefer the RT+A option but oh well LT+RT will do too. :p Just play a few minutes/hours with it and you will get used to it in no-time.

is there a key/legend for the items you drop so you know what is what. And is there a run button

you can press A on the map to bring up what items you dropped and where.

if your on default controls then the B button is your run button.

not gonna lie tho i actually prefer using the thumbstick for movement on this resident evil. on the Re1 remaster it was tank controls any day but the alternate control on Re0 is so fluid

you can press A on the map to bring up what items you dropped and where.

if your on default controls then the B button is your run button.

not gonna lie tho i actually prefer using the thumbstick for movement on this resident evil. on the Re1 remaster it was tank controls any day but the alternate control on Re0 is so fluid

ok thanx. im using D cuz of the aim and attack. does ant one know what run is with control D

Edited by jroller1979

Now i finally found my control system i only have a weird problem

When i take screenshots from in game and go to game dvr there is no option to share to onedrive or anywhere , yet i can share screenshots from every other game including resi1 hd

Just like the launch of RE1 (Idk who to blame Capcom or Microsoft but I'm gonna assume Microsoft and I'm gonna throw the blame on them) they forgot to get a Resident Evil 0 section ready for RE0 You can't upload game clips or share screenshots because outside of local storage their isn't a destination for them on Microsoft Servers.

It took RE1 a while to get that section ready for the game. It seems the new dashboard has removed the app Upload so there isn't a real way to check when they add a section for it.

Just keep trying everyday to upload clips and screenshots until it works. We can only wait :(

can you get the 3hour achevo on normal or does it have to be on hard. cuz iv just done it in normal in 2.52 and no achevo.

ok sorry maybe there isnt 1 for 3 hour now iv looked unless im missing it. how do you start leech mode

there is no achievement for beating it under 3 hours but there is an achievement for getting an S rank. which requires you beat the game under 3:30:00. you cant get S ranks playing as wesker and it has to be normal or hard.

start leech mode by loading.a cleared game save file and choose extra game

there is no achievement for beating it under 3 hours but there is an achievement for getting an S rank. which requires you beat the game under 3:30:00

In fact I want to ask whether 3:30:00 is difficult. I've been using a no damage semi-speedrun walkthrough which covers all files, and have just beaten the Infected Bat. Am I half-way through? The achievement list says that I still need to beat Laboratory, Factory, and Treatment Plant.

In fact I want to ask whether 3:30:00 is difficult. I've been using a no damage semi-speedrun walkthrough which covers all files, and have just beaten the Infected Bat. Am I half-way through? The achievement list says that I still need to beat Laboratory, Factory, and Treatment Plant.

i beat the game in 2hours 8 mins but i had already beaten leech mode with a A rank so i had infinite ammo for everything, magnum at start of the game. it really made it very easy to speed run the game. it was on hard too but it didnt matter since magum destroys everything lol.

that said even without the infinite goodies i dont think 3 hour 30 is strict at all.

kinda like how 3 hours on Re1 remaster was generous. as long as you know what your doing and where to go you can beat 3 hours 30 no probs.