Permanently Suspended for impossible reason

Gizm0 The Great

So I've been permanently suspended from Xbox live.. The reason they gave was my account was complicit in the creation on slanderous imagery... After exhausting all routes to find what I actually am being blamed for... All I am left with is the fact I uploaded an honest review of Windows Phone from an achievement hunters point of view... I said a few negative points about Windows Phone.. Then next day the video was gone from my shared game clips.. And I was permanently suspended....

Full story is here on my blog

http://wp.me/p792EB-2

Read the whole story.

Do you and your wife have any children? If so, could one have accessed your account without your knowledge and used the web browser at all? Maybe posted or linked an offensive GIF on a site or to another gamer?

Otherwise it sounds like it might be a petty response to your WP review. But, normally someone has to report that stuff for them to look at the content.

But, normally someone has to report that stuff for them to look at the content.

This.

I had the Gamertag The Pants Party for over six years and then one day I was greeted with a message that it had been reported as inappropriate and had to be changed. Likely someone has it out for you and Microsoft took their word at face value or they provided some kind of evidence that was damning enough to warrant the ban.

That said, as unjust as you think it is, all the ranting in the world and all the forum posts you make mean absolutely nothing. It's not going to change, so you're just wasting your breath. I've learned that from my GT change and a ban of my own. Their review process is for show, never heard of anything getting reversed.

Firstly, what a well written blog, as for the ban it really seems off, I would associate the review you did with whats gone on, I believe you are in your right as a consumer to voice an opinion on there product, good or bad.

Not sure what to advise on this but from what I read, and the fact your review was removed makes me think corporate control gone mad.

Lots of big companies try and squeeze the consumer but an "enforcement team" which only lets you have one say sounds a bit unfair in this case.

make noise and try to escalate such an asinine response as publically as possible to hopefully someone high enough in MS without their head up their ass retracts.

You have to be 100% sure they don't have cause if you try this option. Remember the special needs kid that got banned and all the news outlets jumped on the story reporting how MS mistreated the kid?

Yeah, it was proven beyond question the kid cheated and the media ran away.

Is there any legal options?

They have that standard "we reserve the right to ban you" something or other in their ToS don't they? Has anyone ever successfully challenged that?

None of what happened makes any sense to me. I will continue to pursue this until I get access to the games I have paid for, or receive a full refund for every item I am not longer able to access.

Good luck.

"I would like to also point out that the enforcement team are not employed by Microsoft. They are just everyday gamer’s who use Xbox Live. Details about this can be found HERE.."

You're actually totally off base on this.

The Enforcement team is MS employees employed for the specific purpose of monitoring XBL and banning and the sort.

Enforcement United is mainly just reviewing gamertags and such and they can't actually ban anyone.

My old Gamertag was Permanently Banned from the Xbox Forums for posting a link to youtube about a glitch.

I was banned for posting a link from another website and it is until the year 9999 it is a little to far for posting a youtube link and I might not even remember the password when it is unbanned... XD

Have you tried /r/XboxOne? If you make enough noise, Major Nelson MIGHT respond and look into it personally.

I bet it could be challenged legally, as they are removing stuff you own without reason. If his story is true.

The thing is, you don't own anything which is digital. You paid for a licence to access the content.

I've always wished for a more open system around bans. I have the feeling that they should always proof that you did something wrong. In the case of gamertags, bio etc. a screencap should be enough?

Also I had a friend on XBL who cursed with all kinds of diseases in his bio (cancer), reported him over and over again, he never got a warning or bann. The system sometimes seems a little of to me. But I beter not complain, before you know I have a ban.

Read the whole story.

Do you and your wife have any children? If so, could one have accessed your account without your knowledge and used the web browser at all? Maybe posted or linked an offensive GIF on a site or to another gamer?

Otherwise it sounds like it might be a petty response to your WP review. But, normally someone has to report that stuff for them to look at the content.

Nope, no children. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it is insane. I have forwarded the blog to multiple Xbox employees including Larry Hryb and Phil Spencer. But I doubt they'll take notice. I just hoped to make enough noise that they would at least respond... I don't expect to get my account back, in fact I don't actually want to. I'm enjoying earning all my achievements again. I just hope if enough people voice their issues with the enforcement policy I may at least get my digital content back... Because to take it off me after I paid, I would class that as theft

I've also gotta say thanks for reading the blog guys and girls.. I appreciate it, and thanks for saying it was well written.. I'm a writer, so when I have the time or indeed need to write well I always do. But over the years of forums, texting emailing.. Etc.. I've got lazy when I don't need to lol

You might want to update your blog to correct the false information regarding the XBL enforcement team and Enforcement United. They are two separate teams. Enforcement United merely looks at gamertags to see if they are offensive (gamertags like SuckADick1234). The XBL enforcement team are Microsoft employees who handle suspensions, bans, reported players, etc.