The Official Bitching Thread

Barad

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with FSparacino on this one. I can't believe you're almost level capped already :eek: Gonna have to wait for people to catch up.

Seriously! I took off yesterday AND midnight'd it. Put in about 14 hours on the counter and I'm only level 12 and level 11 in Dark Zone. I spent more time exploring and helping friends than beasting ahead. Also immediately got the 10% xp boost so I think he needs to take a break. Big time.

My only complaint, so far, is the constant "DELTA 20000984" error message. I get kicked off so many times while playing. My connection is rock-solid, but I can't stay in the game very long at all without getting booted all the time.

Weird. I have yet to see an error message or be booted.

I'm with FSparacino on this one. I can't believe you're almost level capped already :eek: Gonna have to wait for people to catch up.
I've just been going from story to story mission, I was only 19 when I tried that level. Ironically I finally got a good group right after I made my post.

Am I the only one that didn't realize this was a server dependent game? Obviously for multiplayer and what not but I can't just go around Manhattan and do side missions if the servers are down? That's mildly annoying.

Argh I hate grouping with stupid people! If you're not leveled enough for the mission, DON'T QUEUE FOR IT. So frustrating dragging underleveled players who sit behind the action and get free experience from us real players doing all the work, not to mention robbing us of a spot someone could be utilising.

Makes missions long, tedious, and so annoying.

Edit: And wow, seriously, some people need to learn how to roadie run. Aim at cover while in cover, then HOLD :abut: to roadie run into that cover. Don't just sprint. So sick of wasting my First Aid cooldown to revive people who need to learn basic gameplay mechanics.

I think I might be a solo kind of person.

Edited by Floyd.

The mid mission spawn points suck, spawning in the middle of a firefight against a group of high leveled enemies and die within 2 seconds just sucks. This happened on multiple occasions.

Oh, and I wish the matchmaking system was level based. Tired of carrying players

/agree Both points super valid.

I'm sure the matchmaking is something they could fix in the future, or at least I'd hope.

It's a quality matchmaking system and it is fast. They just need to restrict lower level players from joining queues they have no business being in.

Ten hours in and my only real complaint is the average player. I just had an awesome duo with some badass for a story mission but that kind of experience is overshadowed by careless wanderers and people who stand in the fire.

Argh I hate grouping with stupid people! If you're not leveled enough for the mission, DON'T QUEUE FOR IT. So frustrating dragging underleveled players who sit behind the action and get free experience from us real players doing all the work, not to mention robbing us of a spot someone could be utilising.

Makes missions long, tedious, and so annoying.

Edit: And wow, seriously, some people need to learn how to roadie run. Aim at cover while in cover, then HOLD :abut: to roadie run into that cover. Don't just sprint. So sick of wasting my First Aid cooldown to revive people who need to learn basic gameplay mechanics.

I think I might be a solo kind of person.

What's the level discrepancy that you're getting? For me I get paired with people only like a level or two above/below me.

I cleared the final story mission at level 22/23 (even though they recommend 27) and again people were only a level or two above me.

I guess I see why people are praising the matchmaking system when the game first came out but once you're actually leveled it becomes a pain, I wish they had a lobby list system. Like if I want to play missions and stuff with random people they have all these different queues and it's impossible for me to know who if anyone is searching what. Like I don't care what I do, I just want to run around with other people so I can farm up base points but if I'm searching for a free roam group in the last sector The Crypt at level 20 it's only looking for people level 18-22 in what is a 28-30 area. So I basically get stuck looking for no one. I guess the fix is to just search areas where you're the approximate level but why should that be a thing?

Even with that solution I'm currently trying to grind out the "do 20 missions co-op" achievement so I keep doing the first mission just to get it done quickly/easily but obviously not many people my level trying to do the level 4 story mission.

So maybe search something higher? I might encounter a similar problem doing level 6 or 12 story missions. The problem could have easily been solved by showing in some capacity who is looking to play and what.

I also hate the ability to just join random friends, I connected to someone who was afk one time and plenty of other times I get booted as soon as I connect. So long ass load screen followed by another long ass load screen. Maybe have a setting that shows people that ACTUALLY want people to join them?

Another thing about friends is people you block apparently count as them. I kept getting stuck with some idiot on a mission so I blocked him hoping never to get paired with him again (which didn't matter as we both got paired with the same third party person immediately after I blocked him) and then later I see him running around on my virtual map.

I've also encountered some weird glitches when story matchmaking like one time I got teleported to the Hub area when connecting to another persons game world. You know that area where you first get to after you finish the tutorial? Not a major inconvenience but still.

I may seem like I'm hating on the game but I'm not, I'm really enjoying it. I'm surprised at how well a lot of things work but just as surprised these jarring matchmaking woes didn't come up at all in testing. I guess that's the downside to closed testing environments.

Only issue so far is some bugs in the game that carried over from the Beta. I picked up a Hostage key but the door remained locked. There were 2 Hostage Encounters close to each other and both had buggy hostage keys. After signing out/signing in again, the problem was fixed. Must be a server side issue.

Doing the mission twice and getting the XP both times wasn't too bad. I'm concerned that will happen in a longer mission and restarting will be required.

I want one of those Hoodies those dudes have. A full mag of M-60 right into center mass and they don't go down. And what's up with these dudes move around you only to waist my $ss LOL Gee, some of these levels are way out of line in my book good thing I haven't gone into the Dark Zone they'll make hamburger out of my butt.

mcnichoj, it's mostly just starter woes I had/have. Like queueing up for a level 10 mission as level 10, seems good, then a level 5 joins up. Such an annoying waste and I can't even initiate a vote kick. I see this problem as negligible once we're 30, but it sure is annoying at times.

Props to everyone who queues responsibly :)

A full mag of M-60 right into center mass and they don't go down.

Well, yeah, this is an RPG, not CoD :biglaugh:

Might just be me but I'm doing A LOT of running. Even with fast travel between safe points it is a tad excessive.

I wanted to revisit this complaint, as I found out last night that you can fast travel to any mission location as well. With this, there are at least twice as many fast travel locations as you'd think.

I wanted to revisit this complaint, as I found out last night that you can fast travel to any mission location as well. With this, there are at least twice as many fast travel locations as you'd think.

As long as you have done the mission already, yeah? You can matchmake from the map but not travel if you haven't done it yet.

As long as you have done the mission already, yeah? You can matchmake from the map but not travel if you haven't done it yet.

If you matchmake from the map it will take you to the location, even for missions that you haven't done. I did it with two story missions today.