Candelabra Moustache Achievement Glitched

I've played through the game three times, and the Achievement doesn't unlock. In fact, not even the in-game notification pops up. The last time I tried, I deleted my save from the cloud and tried playing on a different X1 console. I went to the sites for both the developer and publisher, and neither mentions any support for the game.

Any advice?

UPDATE: I bought another copy of the game, and played through a fourth time. Nothing.

Edited by Clarissalover

Also for me the same problem....achievement glitched and I have 995g :(

I've played through the game two times, and I tried also to delete my save data, but nothing to do...

Candelabra moustache

Finish Marbury Guesthouse

Story related and cannot be missed. Will unlock after finishing your search of the suspect's lodgings and returning to Whitehaven.

Figured out how to get this achievement. You have to turn off you internet connection so the game can not update. I deleted the game and then reinstalled. Played through it fast just doing what I needed to do. When you enter the interrogation room with Cust the in-game achievement of Candelabra moustache will pop up at top of screen. Then I backed out of game and reconnected to internet and in a minute or so the achievement popped up. Hope this helps..

Figured out how to get this achievement. You have to turn off you internet connection so the game can not update. I deleted the game and then reinstalled. Played through it fast just doing what I needed to do. When you enter the interrogation room with Cust the in-game achievement of Candelabra moustache will pop up at top of screen. Then I backed out of game and reconnected to internet and in a minute or so the achievement popped up. Hope this helps..

I'll try that. Thanks.

When you say you backed out,Mel you mean you quit to the dashboard?

Could I do this within a playthrough? I'm currently working on getting my last couple of achievements. Could I get up to the point just before the Marbury section, delete game, go offline, reinstall, complete Marbury, and reconnect for the achievement? Or do I need to do a fresh playthrough offline?

• 1 month later...

I can confirm that with regards to the PS4 version of the game, the glitch was caused by Patch 1.02. It was subsequently fixed with Patch 1.03, which recently came out. So for anyone who only has a digital copy of the game, it should be achieveable again (assuming they've pushed the patch for the XBOne already)

Otherwise, if you have a disc copy, you'll have to delete the game data and play the game offline until you get to that part

I can confirm that with regards to the PS4 version of the game, the glitch was caused by Patch 1.02. It was subsequently fixed with Patch 1.03, which recently came out. So for anyone who only has a digital copy of the game, it should be achieveable again (assuming they've pushed the patch for the XBOne already)

Otherwise, if you have a disc copy, you'll have to delete the game data and play the game offline until you get to that part

I'm currently playing through a disc copy of the game and have it fully updated/patched. I did this after reading on PST that a new update was available for the PS4. Trouble is that you can't tell what version the game is or what date the latest patch is if you're playing on the XB1. Between that and them taking away the ability to back up your saves (like you could do via USB on the 360 and the PS3/4) is a real nuisance.

I will play through the game fully patched and report whether or not I get the achievement or not when I get to that point in the game (I'm currently only starting the Bexhill chapter).

Thanks for the info themindisacity. :)

EDIT - The "Candelabra moustache" achievement unlocked with a fully patched game playing online off the disc. So I would have to assume that the digital copy works as well.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy