Batteredcakes' Blog of Cakes?

batteredcakes

No, sorry I won't be blogging about cakes. Drew you in though right?! Because cake is just that amazing. Yum. Well, who knows, I may blog about cakes once in awhile.

Well after a couple of people suggested I visit the blog section of the forum, I'm finally creating my own blog. Not all too sure what to really write for the first post...hmmm...I guess a bit about myself?

I'm a weirdo. I have an old soul. Like a 90 year old in a 25 year old body. I'm a positive person. I like to be happy and positive. I'm not annoyingly positive but enough to where I try to feel happy all the time. Although...not obnoxiously happy either. Just to where I feel good all the time. :D Did that make sense? I feel like I worded that weird. I may rewrite later. I like learning. I'm definitely a homebody. Very introverted. I don't like being in places where there are a lot of people. I hardly even like going out to shop because of how many I know will be there. I try to shop during slower hours or later hours. I like to be thrifty but look fabulous. (lol for drag queen sounding motto). I'm pretty artsy and creative. I love to draw, paint, and craft. Of course, I love gaming. I'm into Asian dramas and anime. Love comic books, but just recently started reading some a few years ago, so I'm no expert. I'm a big horror movie fan.

And if anyone wants, they can add me on Instagram or Facebook. I'm somewhat active on Facebook and less active on Instagram but it all depends on life. If I were to ever fall off the face of Xbox Achievements, then you know where to find me. lol

I guess I'll blog about anything? Clothes? Nails? Crafts? Games? Life? Just randomness and whatever comes to mind? I'll try to post stuff with pics just to keep it a bit more interesting. I'll try to keep a moderate amount of blog posts without being too overbearing or under bearing? Not sure what a good number of blogs are.

Blog Posts:

~Mixed Media Paintings (Comment #13)

~My New Heels!! <3 (Comment #19)

~Wreaths! (Comment #28)

Edited by batteredcakes

Hey welcome to the blog section!

Glad to see you finally made it. Feel free to talk about whatever in here!

I see a lot of similarities in personality between us, with the exception of being creative and artsy. That I am not. I like looking at art, but can't make it.

I'm also fairly introvert, although people irl don't realise it when they see me. The frequency they see me is not high lol.

Oh, and am I a happy person? Inside sometimes I am. I don't show it lol. I'm direct and straight to the point. I usually skip happy, or so it comes across!

I have Instagram but don't use it although I'm fairly active on FB.

Anyway, welcome to the blogs.

Oh. And horror is the worst movie genre!

Cakes!!!!! :dance: :francis: :dance:

You made a blog, woo hoooo!!! Yaayyyyy!!!! Lol! :D :egypt:

http://i.imgur.com/5r6uYZf.jpg?1

Of course I had to add a little cake to welcome you to the blogs lol. :D I'm so happy we can talk here now too! I think your intro was great and even though we've been talking a lot, I learned new things about you too! You're really sociable so I wouldn't have guessed you were introverted! I also prefer to go places when they aren't so crowded either though, so I understand your feelings on that. :)

I really hope to continue some talks on hair etc, because I've actually learned lots of tips from you! I'd love to see pics of your various hair colors (more of them, I should say lol) and I can share a couple pics of different colored streaks in my hair, if you want lol. I still want to try a full-color light purple one day though! I think it would be so beautiful. :hug:

I could instantly tell you were a happy, positive person and I love it about you! I'm so happy you've come back and I hope you stick around always, Cakes! But I know sometimes life gets busy, so if you ever do get busy with things, you know we will still be here when you can pop back in! You were missed the last time you took a break though!! :bearhug:

I also enjoy horror movies and arts and crafts! When I was younger, believe it or not, my Mom taught me how to sew and I used to make clothes (simple things like pajama pants with an elastic waistband etc lol) and I even made a couple of quilts! :eek: Those things took me months, and they are way more mathematical than I ever realized when I took those projects on lol! Those were almost all hand-sewn though. What sorts of crafts do you do? :)

Well after a couple of people suggested I visit the blog section of the forum....

I have nooooo idea who might have suggested that to you lol.... :whistle: :dance:

Welcome to the blogs! I'm a bit disappointed that you drew me in with the promise of cakes but didn't deliver, though. That's fine. My blog will remain the chef's blog. And here's a cake for you:

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab249/Arist_Dem/IMG_20140624_212248_zps4c564496.jpg

I made that a few years ago. Mostly I just make cheesecakes.

And you say you like comic books? What are you reading? What have you read? My collection is currently 43 full long boxes, so I'm always looking for good reads.

Again, welcome!

No blogging about cake? But cakes are awesome! :( You should definitely write a blog entry about cakes at some point!

We have quite a bit in common! I'm also a weirdo who likes to be happy and positive about things! :dance: I'm extremely introverted and like learning as well; there is so many fascinating things in the world, and you never really stop learning. You always learn something new everyday, whether it's a new word or hearing more about things you previously didn't know! :) What type of art do you like doing the most? I absolutely love making things as well; even though I may not be the best at art, I've always really enjoyed it! Comic books are also great! :D I recently started reading and collecting them as well! What types of comics do you prefer? Horror movies are also super awesome. :p

Hey welcome to the blog section!

Glad to see you finally made it. Feel free to talk about whatever in here!

I see a lot of similarities in personality between us, with the exception of being creative and artsy. That I am not. I like looking at art, but can't make it.

I'm also fairly introvert, although people irl don't realise it when they see me. The frequency they see me is not high lol.

Oh, and am I a happy person? Inside sometimes I am. I don't show it lol. I'm direct and straight to the point. I usually skip happy, or so it comes across!

I have Instagram but don't use it although I'm fairly active on FB.

Anyway, welcome to the blogs.

Oh. And horror is the worst movie genre!

Well that's cool that we are similar!! :D

People don't realize I'm an introvert because I'm always so happy/positive lol

I'm a weird type of happy, I'm happy with myself but not super perky I guess! lol!!

Definitely should add me on FB then :D

And horror is the best! So many different kinds of horror movies, so much creativity and they keep me awake! Maybe too well but yeah! lol!!

Cakes!!!!! :dance: :francis: :dance:

You made a blog, woo hoooo!!! Yaayyyyy!!!! Lol! :D :egypt:

Of course I had to add a little cake to welcome you to the blogs lol. :D I'm so happy we can talk here now too! I think your intro was great and even though we've been talking a lot, I learned new things about you too! You're really sociable so I wouldn't have guessed you were introverted! I also prefer to go places when they aren't so crowded either though, so I understand your feelings on that. :)

I really hope to continue some talks on hair etc, because I've actually learned lots of tips from you! I'd love to see pics of your various hair colors (more of them, I should say lol) and I can share a couple pics of different colored streaks in my hair, if you want lol. I still want to try a full-color light purple one day though! I think it would be so beautiful. :hug:

I could instantly tell you were a happy, positive person and I love it about you! I'm so happy you've come back and I hope you stick around always, Cakes! But I know sometimes life gets busy, so if you ever do get busy with things, you know we will still be here when you can pop back in! You were missed the last time you took a break though!! :bearhug:

I also enjoy horror movies and arts and crafts! When I was younger, believe it or not, my Mom taught me how to sew and I used to make clothes (simple things like pajama pants with an elastic waistband etc lol) and I even made a couple of quilts! :eek: Those things took me months, and they are way more mathematical than I ever realized when I took those projects on lol! Those were almost all hand-sewn though. What sorts of crafts do you do? :)

I have nooooo idea who might have suggested that to you lol.... :whistle: :dance:

Heehee, thanks so much!! You're so awesome!!

Yeah sometimes people are surprised that I'm an introvert!! Although a few years ago, you can definitely see it! lol!! An employee thought I was Muslim because I never looked up when I walked around and always rushed off from and to work! lol!! And my security guards thought I was mute for a year! ahahaha

I'll have to post some pics of my red hair! And my really old pic of my pink hair! lol I was so young haha this'll be fun!! :D :hug:

Thanks for the cake as well! lol! I'm hungry now!!

Aw I missed talking to you! You made me feel so welcomed! You're such a nice, awesome person!! I love it!! :bearhug: I'm sure now that I made a blog, it will motivate me to keep coming back. :D

Ah I love sewing but not so much to keep making stuff! I made a tablecloth and chair covers and before that, I only did sewing in my high school fashion class! I got into making wreaths lately, I'll have to post some pics up! And I love painting, doing a mixed media project!

Ahahahaha :whistle: someone really great suggested making a blog.

Welcome to the blogs! I'm a bit disappointed that you drew me in with the promise of cakes but didn't deliver, though. That's fine. My blog will remain the chef's blog. And here's a cake for you:

I made that a few years ago. Mostly I just make cheesecakes.

And you say you like comic books? What are you reading? What have you read? My collection is currently 43 full long boxes, so I'm always looking for good reads.

Again, welcome!

Thank you!

I'll definitely leave the chef stuff to you! lol! I can post some food but I'm no chef or major foodie lol Cheesecakes are heaven though, I wish I had someone that loved making cheesecakes live near me! lol!! I'll have to check out your blog!! But maybe after I've eaten because I'll get hungry.

I've only read some Batman, Batgirl, Catwoman, Hulk, and some older comics that my uncle gave me!! I can't completely remember the names of the comics. I will have to go look at my inventory list and get back to you!! Oh, and the Simpsons! Love The Simpsons!! lol!

No blogging about cake? But cakes are awesome! :( You should definitely write a blog entry about cakes at some point!

We have quite a bit in common! I'm also a weirdo who likes to be happy and positive about things! :dance: I'm extremely introverted and like learning as well; there is so many fascinating things in the world, and you never really stop learning. You always learn something new everyday, whether it's a new word or hearing more about things you previously didn't know! :) What type of art do you like doing the most? I absolutely love making things as well; even though I may not be the best at art, I've always really enjoyed it! Comic books are also great! :D I recently started reading and collecting them as well! What types of comics do you prefer? Horror movies are also super awesome. :p

I will definitely try to blog about cakes one time!! I promise!! lol!!

:dance: I love finding people who are similar to me!! If only I can find them in person! Hahaha

And that's exactly how I feel about learning and I love to learn to add to my skill set!!

I got into mixed media lately!! I will paint a something with acrylic and then add materials to it!! I will definitely have to make posts for them!!

I would love to find more horror oriented comic books! So far, I've mostly collected more popular comic titles and then I have my uncle's old comics in my mix. So far, I've collected a few of each popular title (that *ahem* has romance...because I'm a chick lol!)

Do you watch a lot of horror movies?!

Well that's cool that we are similar!! :D

People don't realize I'm an introvert because I'm always so happy/positive lol

I'm a weird type of happy, I'm happy with myself but not super perky I guess! lol!!

Definitely should add me on FB then :D

And horror is the best! So many different kinds of horror movies, so much creativity and they keep me awake! Maybe too well but yeah! lol!!

Unfortunately, horror is not the best! The stories are always so weak! And plot is everything! Give me something deep, something intellectual, or even just entertaining lol!

I like films like Inception, Shawshank Redemption, Schindlers List. I like every genre, with horror the worst. I can watch them though, and there are exceptions to the rule. The best horror film, is psychological, The Shining. Last film I watched was John Wick. Was recommended to me by The Deadly Dog, I actually really liked it, probably as I went in with low expectations!

I wouldn't say I'm an outwardly happy person. I'm happy with what I've got, but I show very little emotion lol.

I will definitely try to blog about cakes one time!! I promise!! lol!!

:dance: I love finding people who are similar to me!! If only I can find them in person! Hahaha

And that's exactly how I feel about learning and I love to learn to add to my skill set!!

I got into mixed media lately!! I will paint a something with acrylic and then add materials to it!! I will definitely have to make posts for them!!

I would love to find more horror oriented comic books! So far, I've mostly collected more popular comic titles and then I have my uncle's old comics in my mix. So far, I've collected a few of each popular title (that *ahem* has romance...because I'm a chick lol!)

Do you watch a lot of horror movies?!

You should! It would be a good topic for a blog! :D It's always nice to find people who are similar in some way; I haven't come across many, but I always end up being good friends with the ones that I do! Learning is always nice; it's great to learn new skills and do new things ^_^ Mixed media is awesome! If you have any pictures of art that you made, you should share some pictures of them! I look forward to hearing more about them! I have a couple horror oriented comic books, although I haven't had the chance to read them yet. I know one of the series was called Wytches and that one got a lot of praise; when Stephen King says that it's awesome, you know that it's good. :p Most of my comics are Marvel related although I have branched out and tried some other series. :) Yes! I love watching horror movies! What favourites do you have?

Unfortunately, horror is not the best! The stories are always so weak! And plot is everything! Give me something deep, something intellectual, or even just entertaining lol!

I like films like Inception, Shawshank Redemption, Schindlers List. I like every genre, with horror the worst. I can watch them though, and there are exceptions to the rule. The best horror film, is psychological, The Shining. Last film I watched was John Wick. Was recommended to me by The Deadly Dog, I actually really liked it, probably as I went in with low expectations!

I wouldn't say I'm an outwardly happy person. I'm happy with what I've got, but I show very little emotion lol.

I liked John Wick! But as a person who falls asleep for anything and someone who is used to sleeping at a certain time, I couldn't hold out until the end. So I need to rewatch it and watch the ending!!

I love horror that has good plots, although a lot of horror movies have plot holes, there are a fair amount out there with great plots and executed very well. I think that's why I like Korean horror movies than other countries. Japanese is second, Thai is third and then American and all others are equal. Japanese can have some good plots but it's a bit rare...they have the weird things down but the plots always need more work. They do know how to make some scary movies though, ones that will truly scare me lol Korean horror movies, I usually don't have a problem with. Scares the crap out of me and has great plots. Thai movies are pretty great, good plots and I watched a few that were in the psychological realm, but their CG effects are horrid and kills it for me lol I like American movies for the gore rather than the scare.

Inception was also a great movie, I loved it! Really messes with your mind!

And I getcha, my sister is like that. She shows no emotion...very very rare lol

You should! It would be a good topic for a blog! :D It's always nice to find people who are similar in some way; I haven't come across many, but I always end up being good friends with the ones that I do! Learning is always nice; it's great to learn new skills and do new things ^_^ Mixed media is awesome! If you have any pictures of art that you made, you should share some pictures of them! I look forward to hearing more about them! I have a couple horror oriented comic books, although I haven't had the chance to read them yet. I know one of the series was called Wytches and that one got a lot of praise; when Stephen King says that it's awesome, you know that it's good. :p Most of my comics are Marvel related although I have branched out and tried some other series. :) Yes! I love watching horror movies! What favourites do you have?

I'll definitely put some up for my next blog post! Which I will do now! lol!

Ohhhh Wytches sound awesome! Whenever you read it let me know. I've gotten both Marvel and DC, more Marvel though just because my uncle had more Marvel. But as for the ones I actually bought myself, more DC than Marvel.

The Cat, The Wig, Bunshisaba, Hair Extensions, Whispering Corridors, A Tale of Two Sisters, APT, Killer Toon, Muoi, Cello, February 29, Forbidden Floor, Arang, Cinderella, Evil Twin, Shadows in the Palace, Living Death, Two Moons, The Red Shoes, Ringu, Ju-On, Carved, Dark Water, Tales of Terror, Alone, Shutter, 4bia, The Maid, The Road, 3 Extremes, Texas Chainsaw movies, Jason movies, Freddy movies, Chucky movies, and a few more but can't think of them all. What about you? :D

So here are my mixed media paintings!

I start off with acrylic painting and then add all of the other jewelry and fabric afterwards. The first one is actually an oil painting though. The only oil painting I've ever done.

[spoiler=1]1781941_10201177924290228_2672439892567391073_n.jpg?oh=51e85cc1f1edcc0ea771793c72b296a2&oe=57BE019A

[spoiler=5]10430363_10202946664907638_6723040789255991945_n.jpg?oh=5525b5f128f0e26ba53019d24c786834&oe=577A4946

[spoiler=2]11412168_10203312817461223_8854572254658884391_n.jpg?oh=372914759bb29d23b5950e6b9b15548a&oe=57836A37

[spoiler=3]1525775_10200594605547624_1999228110_n.jpg?oh=b4c2265973b5fb50674c43fa22f6b198&oe=5777B352

[spoiler=4]155402_2785763983288_330585575_n.jpg?oh=f896d3b16fcc2071757c5674baac75ce&oe=578190E1

I tried to do a color theme for each. The first I did was the Cambodian dancer. Then I did the oil painting one, I wanted to do a simple oil painting since it would be my first oil painting I've ever done. Then after a couple of years, I realized I loved these two projects and did another! The green themed one. The fourth was the mermaid and then the purple one!!

I do still have a pink and ice blue theme to do...I think also a gold and silver one, but can't totally remember.

I go out to venture to look for jewelry, trim and fabrics! So whenever I find something pretty, I buy it for the projects!! I usually try to go cheap with the materials, so everything I buy is usually clearance, reduced, or on sale!

After I finish the painting and mod podge glueing, I use a clear varnish or mod podge sealant on the painted part to protect it!

Edited by batteredcakes

Cakes!!! I love your art!! :francis: Oh my gosh, that is gorgeous! You made these?! :eek: They look like something you would buy at a home decor store! :D Wow, well I love them all and love your use of the strings of beads and pearls and the little jewels too! :bearhug: My favorites might be the second one with the dark hair and purple eyes, as that actually reminds me a bit of myself! :) I also love the mermaid, and the last one because that large flower is breathtaking. I also love their eyes and the colors of eye makeup on them! When I do my eyes really dramatic, I go all out with colors like these too! :) These are absolutely beautiful and you have a talent for these lovely multi-media style paintings. I would never think to do anything like this, so thank you for sharing! :hug:

Heehee, thanks so much!! You're so awesome!!

Yeah sometimes people are surprised that I'm an introvert!! Although a few years ago, you can definitely see it! lol!! An employee thought I was Muslim because I never looked up when I walked around and always rushed off from and to work! lol!! And my security guards thought I was mute for a year! ahahaha

I'll have to post some pics of my red hair! And my really old pic of my pink hair! lol I was so young haha this'll be fun!! :D :hug:

Thanks for the cake as well! lol! I'm hungry now!!

Aw I missed talking to you! You made me feel so welcomed! You're such a nice, awesome person!! I love it!! :bearhug: I'm sure now that I made a blog, it will motivate me to keep coming back. :D

Ah I love sewing but not so much to keep making stuff! I made a tablecloth and chair covers and before that, I only did sewing in my high school fashion class! I got into making wreaths lately, I'll have to post some pics up! And I love painting, doing a mixed media project!

Ahahahaha :whistle: someone really great suggested making a blog.

Awww, you're so sweet and I've missed talking to you too, Cakes!! :hug: And I can't believe your co-worker thought that of you because you never looked up lol! :) Well, I'm really happy that you feel comfortable enough here to be so friendly and talkative, because you are such a sweet, kind person and I have lots of fun talking to you! :D And yaayyyyy for keeping up with the blogs too! I'm so happy that you're here lol!!! :francis: :dance:

Please do share pics of your hair as well! I'd love to see the pink hair, wow! :eek: I don't think I ever did pink streaks in my hair, only purple lol. I should have done pink, urgh!! :p I think the first streaks I ever did was red - like, super bright, stop-sign red! Not a natural red at all lol. I did it off of a recommendation from a friend, and it looked really cool against my black hair too. But naturally, it didn't last too long and faded so then I just started experimenting with the other colors. :D But yeah, feel free to share any other hair pics and I'll look for some of mine too! :dance:

That's really fun that you also tried your hand at sewing, and wreath making! I love crafty stuff like that as well, I really do, but I think I lost time for it when I was working and going to school full time, years ago. :( Now, my free time is spent between reading and gaming, but I would love to get back into crafts or sewing one day! It's super relaxing and lots of fun to be creative like that! :thumbsup:

I hope you're having a great week, and Happy Friday, Cakes!! :hug: :D

I'll definitely put some up for my next blog post! Which I will do now! lol!

Ohhhh Wytches sound awesome! Whenever you read it let me know. I've gotten both Marvel and DC, more Marvel though just because my uncle had more Marvel. But as for the ones I actually bought myself, more DC than Marvel.

The Cat, The Wig, Bunshisaba, Hair Extensions, Whispering Corridors, A Tale of Two Sisters, APT, Killer Toon, Muoi, Cello, February 29, Forbidden Floor, Arang, Cinderella, Evil Twin, Shadows in the Palace, Living Death, Two Moons, The Red Shoes, Ringu, Ju-On, Carved, Dark Water, Tales of Terror, Alone, Shutter, 4bia, The Maid, The Road, 3 Extremes, Texas Chainsaw movies, Jason movies, Freddy movies, Chucky movies, and a few more but can't think of them all. What about you? :D

Awesome art! :D All of those mixed media painting look super cool, Cakes! The oil painting came out really well; you should try to make more oil paintings in the future if you can. ^^ I think my favourite one is the last one, but the oil one is a close second. The flower on the last one was extremely well done, and I like the details with the mixed media like the pieces on her head. :) Keep the the amazing work; you have good talent!

Wytches sounded really cool to me as well! It will be a while before I get to read it since my collection is split up between a few different places at the moment, but I will let you know when I finally get to it! ^_^ I haven't seen or heard of a lot of those movies. o.o I will definitely need to go check them out and try to see them! As for me, some that I like are the Final Destination series, Chucky, Lake Placid, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Leprechaun, and Jaws.

Cakes!!! I love your art!! :francis: Oh my gosh, that is gorgeous! You made these?! :eek: They look like something you would buy at a home decor store! :D Wow, well I love them all and love your use of the strings of beads and pearls and the little jewels too! :bearhug: My favorites might be the second one with the dark hair and purple eyes, as that actually reminds me a bit of myself! :) I also love the mermaid, and the last one because that large flower is breathtaking. I also love their eyes and the colors of eye makeup on them! When I do my eyes really dramatic, I go all out with colors like these too! :) These are absolutely beautiful and you have a talent for these lovely multi-media style paintings. I would never think to do anything like this, so thank you for sharing! :hug:

Awww, you're so sweet and I've missed talking to you too, Cakes!! :hug: And I can't believe your co-worker thought that of you because you never looked up lol! :) Well, I'm really happy that you feel comfortable enough here to be so friendly and talkative, because you are such a sweet, kind person and I have lots of fun talking to you! :D And yaayyyyy for keeping up with the blogs too! I'm so happy that you're here lol!!! :francis: :dance:

Please do share pics of your hair as well! I'd love to see the pink hair, wow! :eek: I don't think I ever did pink streaks in my hair, only purple lol. I should have done pink, urgh!! :p I think the first streaks I ever did was red - like, super bright, stop-sign red! Not a natural red at all lol. I did it off of a recommendation from a friend, and it looked really cool against my black hair too. But naturally, it didn't last too long and faded so then I just started experimenting with the other colors. :D But yeah, feel free to share any other hair pics and I'll look for some of mine too! :dance:

That's really fun that you also tried your hand at sewing, and wreath making! I love crafty stuff like that as well, I really do, but I think I lost time for it when I was working and going to school full time, years ago. :( Now, my free time is spent between reading and gaming, but I would love to get back into crafts or sewing one day! It's super relaxing and lots of fun to be creative like that! :thumbsup:

I hope you're having a great week, and Happy Friday, Cakes!! :hug: :D

Aw you're so nice!! Thank you!! I wish I could do cool makeup but I have the oiliest eyelids in the world!! Primer does help but still have issues with it staying on and not going into the crease. Primer just prolongs it lol The Cambodian dancer one, I think it's the last pic, is the first mixed media one I did. (That's why the proportions of the woman is off lol) And I loved doing the mermaid one!! So much fun!! There was a part in there that I messed up, next to the eyes, the black from her eyes got dragged somewhere on there lol But thank you!! They were a lot of fun and it was cool venturing out to find stuff to put on there. I figured to just do a whole color theme type of thing. I have pink and ice blue left and then I think silver where I gathered all of the fabric and jewelry! Your words means a lot, so thanks!! :hug:

I love talking to you! So much fun! And you're so damn sweet!! :o

I'll definitely show pics of my hair! And I just got new shoes and love them!! So I may share pics of those as well! :D

I was the same way with time!! With school and work, I completely put off all of my gaming, art, and everything really!! But now that there's no school, I have time for myself!! I can do stuff with my hair, start wearing heels, do art, game, it's really nice!! lol Although I got more busy with work so I haven't done so much of anything lol! But whenever it cools down, I can focus on myself again. I have a hard time focusing on myself because I always cared for others more.

I'd love to see any of your creative projects!! It'll be so cool!

Awesome art! :D All of those mixed media painting look super cool, Cakes! The oil painting came out really well; you should try to make more oil paintings in the future if you can. ^^ I think my favourite one is the last one, but the oil one is a close second. The flower on the last one was extremely well done, and I like the details with the mixed media like the pieces on her head. :) Keep the the amazing work; you have good talent!

Wytches sounded really cool to me as well! It will be a while before I get to read it since my collection is split up between a few different places at the moment, but I will let you know when I finally get to it! ^_^ I haven't seen or heard of a lot of those movies. o.o I will definitely need to go check them out and try to see them! As for me, some that I like are the Final Destination series, Chucky, Lake Placid, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Leprechaun, and Jaws.

Thank you!! I love the oil painting because the blending is so seamless!! But I hate the dry time. It took me 6 months for it to dry just so I can do a second layer! Then another 6 months to put everything on it! Too long lol Acrylics, I can finish the painting in one day, wait for it to dry for a day, see if there's anything I need to paint then stick everything on the next day! lol These paintings are a long process. Waiting for paint to dry and then glues. Once I glue certain things, I have to wait for the glue to dry to glue something else on there. But it's pretty fun. I should work on another.

I actually have a whole FB album of my artwork and some of these paintings actually has multiple pics of some of the steps. And thanks so much again!

A lot of those movies are mostly Asian! I don't know if you watch a lot of Asian horror but I do lol I like Asian and American horror. I watched a few European and a couple of Indian (still Asian but the movies I listed were mostly Korean and Japanese) but haven't ventured out too far in that realm. The couple of European ones I've watched, I loved. Can't totally remember the names though. And Halloween movies! I don't know how I forgot ot list those when those are my favorite ones out of all the American horror series lol!!

Aw you're so nice!! Thank you!! I wish I could do cool makeup but I have the oiliest eyelids in the world!! Primer does help but still have issues with it staying on and not going into the crease. Primer just prolongs it lol The Cambodian dancer one, I think it's the last pic, is the first mixed media one I did. (That's why the proportions of the woman is off lol) And I loved doing the mermaid one!! So much fun!! There was a part in there that I messed up, next to the eyes, the black from her eyes got dragged somewhere on there lol But thank you!! They were a lot of fun and it was cool venturing out to find stuff to put on there. I figured to just do a whole color theme type of thing. I have pink and ice blue left and then I think silver where I gathered all of the fabric and jewelry! Your words means a lot, so thanks!! :hug:

I love talking to you! So much fun! And you're so damn sweet!! :o

I'll definitely show pics of my hair! And I just got new shoes and love them!! So I may share pics of those as well! :D

I was the same way with time!! With school and work, I completely put off all of my gaming, art, and everything really!! But now that there's no school, I have time for myself!! I can do stuff with my hair, start wearing heels, do art, game, it's really nice!! lol Although I got more busy with work so I haven't done so much of anything lol! But whenever it cools down, I can focus on myself again. I have a hard time focusing on myself because I always cared for others more.

I'd love to see any of your creative projects!! It'll be so cool!

Cakes!!!! Awww!!!! :dance: :hug:

Wow, it sounds like so much fun to go out and gather materials like that for the artwork you create! We have craft stores here like JoAnne's or Michael's Crafts and I can spend hours in there lol. :D I didn't even notice a black bit near the mermaid's eyes that looked out of place though, I think it's all beautiful so I say just go with it! :egypt: They're really pretty though and I bet they look beautiful on the wall. :) You could put these up everywhere in the house! The colors and delicate features in their faces are so pretty, Cakes. Awwww! :hug: <3

When you said you have oily eyelids sometimes, that's the first thing I thought of was primer too lol! I use one sometimes, not every day, but if I'm going out with friends I'll put it on because it really helps the shadow stick good. :) Do you use a toner as well? I know Clinique has a great skin system with toner and moisturizer, although right now I've been using their toner with Oil of Olay moisturizer for my face and Loreal Revitalift for my neck and upper chest area lol. But I think the toner really helps to even out your skin, so it might help with the oiliness! :)

I also love using Tarte's BB cream before I put my foundation or powder on, it's awesome! I get it at Ulta or Sephora and it's one of my favorites. It evens out any oily look and gives you a matte base to put any makeup on top of. :D I love getting creative with my eyeshadows, oh man, I go too crazy sometimes when I go and buy them lol! I have girlfriends that have worked at Mac so they used to show me all kind of things I never thought to do! I usually just stick to a light smokey eye for my everyday thing, if I'm going out and put makeup on lol. But I'll mix the black with various colors to highlight it. Sometimes I'll use greens, or silvers, or even a light rust color lately! It's so much fun to play with. I can send you pics of some of my favorite shadows sometime, and yes hair pics too!! I was going to ask you if we should maybe continue our hair conversation here as it doesn't have a character limit as bad as the walls lol! :p Please do post some of yours, I'd love to see and I'll share a few as well! Awwww, you're so sweet Cakes!!! I'm sooooo happy that you're here too lol!!! :dance: :hug:

Shoes!!! :francis: I would love to see them! I'm not as much into shoes as I used to be, because I used to love getting cute sandals to wear here all the time. But eventually I had collected so many pairs of shoes that I never wore, that I had to slow myself down! Especially since you mostly just wear cute flip flops or sandals here all year lol. :p But I would love to see or hear about yours, awww I bet they're cute!! :dance:

Awww, I'm so happy that you have more time now to do things that are fun and relaxing, like gaming or hanging out here, and shoes and hair etc! That is great news indeed!! Hope you're enjoying your weekend Cakes and talk to you sooooon then! PS I've actually discovered lately that just throwing your hair up in a huge, sloppy bun around the house is actually kind of cute too lol! I need to get another haircut soon though, I can't wait!! :D :p :hug:

It is fun!! I've found quite a few materials at various stores too like dollar stores, big franchises and small little ones! A weird craft/party store that had random stuff but I'm lucky I found it because I got so much trim from there!! And then good ole eBay lol!!

I put all of these up on my walls at work, except the mermaid...I don't know if people will have a problem with it even though I covered the nips lol some people can be very conservative and religious out here!!

Thank you so much for your kind words!! :hug:

I only use primer when I go to a special occasion and want my eyeliner or shadow to stick on really well!! I only bought the ELF eyelid primer and eyebrow highlighter 2-in-1! It works pretty well!! I also carry around oil blotting sheets! For everyday wear, I only use eyeliner! All has to be waterproof, smudge-proof and dark! It's hard to find good ones out there even if it says smudge-proof or waterproof, they really aren't! Or maybe my eyes are just weird. I also use liquid eyeliner for my top lids and pencil for the bottom. Right now I looooove Physician's Formula liquid eyeliner, can't remember the exact name of the eyeliner but it's a fat bottle that's red and silver. For the pencil, I use CoverGirl Eyelights in Pearl Vibrance or something like that!

I do use toner!! :D I have to! I have acne prone skin. :( I usually wash my face with an Asian tamarind bar soap or Aveeno bar soap in the morning and in the shower, I use St. Ives Green Tea scrub or Apricot scrub, both with sacylic acid. Then tone with an acne toner and then apply an acne cream or gel and lastly, a moisturizer. Either a CC cream moisturizer or a sunscreen moisturizer. I used to not wear sunscreen but I'm doing laser hair removal appointments now! And so I definitely need to apply sunscreen!

I try to use all oil-free products and even products that says that it doesn't clog pores and helps reduce oiliness but my face will still get very early half way through the day. So at work, I just have a toner and cotton pads there to wipe my whole face and then reapply sunscreen.

I've never tried foundation and powder, except for at prom but I hated it! lol!! It made my face feel like there was too much crap on! So I never wear face makeup, plus with the acne problem, I don't dare try to keep clogging my face up lol I think even the CC cream I use that says it won't clog pores, still gives me acne lol

I'd love to get creative with eyeshadow though!! But haven't. I usually just use gold or light tan colors! I have experimented with colored eyeliners though! It's a good alternative for my oily lids! lol!! I have teal, purple and gold! I have a couple of pics on my FB with it, I'll have to remember to stick some pics on here with different makeups I've tried! But they aren't too extreme lol I'd love to see your different makeup!!

I will post pics of my shoes now!! I love them so much!! lol!! I will wear my new new shoes tomorrow and post them up, I don't currently have any pics of my new shoes I got a couple of days ago! But have my other heels I just got in pictures. I'm much more of a flats wearer! I hate my feet so I only wear sandals at home when I go outside to do something really quick but to go out, I always wear flats or sneakers. And I guess fuzzy boots for the winter! (Fuzzy on the inside though! lol)

How long is your hair now? Are you cutting it short? Or just trimming it?

My new heels!! I'm trying to start wearing heels. I've always been a flats and sneakers type of gal and because I have the amazing luck of being super clumsy, I was always wary of wearing heels! I also lacked confidence. I still lack confidence but nothing like how it was before. It just felt very weird to wear heels and feel taller and have more of a presence when I'm used to always being hidden and unnoticed! (I'm only 5 feet!).

[spoiler=6]12965751_539277162919470_412298035_n.jpg

[spoiler=7]12751546_198754320487473_1522415547_n.jpg

12802797_10204621865746612_5677360015667306315_n.jpg?oh=ce05c5ffd8822c84caf0072aed132c23&oe=578C24ED

[spoiler=8]12928185_10204842295777225_7239794776550320191_n.jpg?oh=fbc32e2a2000e92552257a42900df148&oe=5788185610399268_10204851094197180_6841203186496982842_n.jpg?oh=5ef17e4c9a3ac2274fda84e0b74f5da0&oe=578B6E88

[spoiler=9]12677384_1060675800656042_954128294_n.jpg

[spoiler=10]12917981_847301128730163_1441799719_n.jpg

I have two other pairs to post! But need pics of them! Will probably post them in the next couple of days! :D:D:D

Edited by batteredcakes

Thank you!! I love the oil painting because the blending is so seamless!! But I hate the dry time. It took me 6 months for it to dry just so I can do a second layer! Then another 6 months to put everything on it! Too long lol Acrylics, I can finish the painting in one day, wait for it to dry for a day, see if there's anything I need to paint then stick everything on the next day! lol These paintings are a long process. Waiting for paint to dry and then glues. Once I glue certain things, I have to wait for the glue to dry to glue something else on there. But it's pretty fun. I should work on another.

I actually have a whole FB album of my artwork and some of these paintings actually has multiple pics of some of the steps. And thanks so much again!

A lot of those movies are mostly Asian! I don't know if you watch a lot of Asian horror but I do lol I like Asian and American horror. I watched a few European and a couple of Indian (still Asian but the movies I listed were mostly Korean and Japanese) but haven't ventured out too far in that realm. The couple of European ones I've watched, I loved. Can't totally remember the names though. And Halloween movies! I don't know how I forgot ot list those when those are my favorite ones out of all the American horror series lol!!

You're welcome! The blending on the oil painting came out so well! :dance: Oh wow, I had no idea that the drying time for the oil painting was that long! :eek: Is there anything that can be done to speed up the process? Acrylic paint always seems to work pretty well and fast; I took a painting class in high school and ended up using a lot of it! :) Sadly, the pictures aren't showing up. :( I keep getting a message saying the page isn't available now. 0.o

I haven't seen much Asian horror, although I would like to! I've heard a lot of good things about it, and I always really like seeing stuff from different countries and cultures. If you remember any of the European ones that you have seen and liked, let me know! I always like recommendations for new things to see! The Halloween movies are awesome! :D Also, not sure if you have seen it yet, but if you haven't, you must watch The Shining! :francis: I finally saw it for the first time today and absolutely loved it!

You're welcome! The blending on the oil painting came out so well! :dance: Oh wow, I had no idea that the drying time for the oil painting was that long! :eek: Is there anything that can be done to speed up the process? Acrylic paint always seems to work pretty well and fast; I took a painting class in high school and ended up using a lot of it! :) Sadly, the pictures aren't showing up. :( I keep getting a message saying the page isn't available now. 0.o

I haven't seen much Asian horror, although I would like to! I've heard a lot of good things about it, and I always really like seeing stuff from different countries and cultures. If you remember any of the European ones that you have seen and liked, let me know! I always like recommendations for new things to see! The Halloween movies are awesome! :D Also, not sure if you have seen it yet, but if you haven't, you must watch The Shining! :francis: I finally saw it for the first time today and absolutely loved it!

Ah I had the album on "Friends Only" lol I changed it to public now!!

I don't know of any safe way to speed up the time, it takes a long time for the oils in the paint to dry up or evaporate or whatever it does lol But if you dry ti too fast, it starts to actually crack.

I've just learned to stick with acrylic lol I mean at least until I feel like painting with oils but I will now keep in mind that it will take half a year to dry. So I guess I can do an oil painting and then after a couple of months, do another and wait for the other one to dry. But yeah...it all depends on my mood lol

Asian horror movie is amazing, but some, not all...just like American ol but Asian horror movies usually has better plots and emotions than American movies. I remember High Tension, Inside, and Let the Right One In for the European movies. I also remember I loved REC from Mexico? Could be wrong, maybe it's Spain...I'm thinking it's Spain now that I think back. And Naina...which may be Mexican....ah...I need to look them up lol Also heard Matyrs is a good European horror movie, I keep forgetting to watch it. Dead Snow is a great horror comedy!! Should definitely try that one!

Omg The Shining!! My favorite!! I don't know how I forgot that one!! It was truly creepy!! It really gets in your head. Maybe because it's so long lol that you just feel like you're so encased in the movie!

Ah I had the album on "Friends Only" lol I changed it to public now!!

I don't know of any safe way to speed up the time, it takes a long time for the oils in the paint to dry up or evaporate or whatever it does lol But if you dry ti too fast, it starts to actually crack.

I've just learned to stick with acrylic lol I mean at least until I feel like painting with oils but I will now keep in mind that it will take half a year to dry. So I guess I can do an oil painting and then after a couple of months, do another and wait for the other one to dry. But yeah...it all depends on my mood lol

Asian horror movie is amazing, but some, not all...just like American ol but Asian horror movies usually has better plots and emotions than American movies. I remember High Tension, Inside, and Let the Right One In for the European movies. I also remember I loved REC from Mexico? Could be wrong, maybe it's Spain...I'm thinking it's Spain now that I think back. And Naina...which may be Mexican....ah...I need to look them up lol Also heard Matyrs is a good European horror movie, I keep forgetting to watch it. Dead Snow is a great horror comedy!! Should definitely try that one!

Omg The Shining!! My favorite!! I don't know how I forgot that one!! It was truly creepy!! It really gets in your head. Maybe because it's so long lol that you just feel like you're so encased in the movie!

Ah that would explain the error message lol. I can see them now! :D You have some great work! I enjoyed going through all of the pictures, especially the ones of your work as you were working on it. It was awesome to see how the idea evolved over time as more things got added to it.

I see, I didn't know that! You definitely don't want to to crack! :eek: I'd recommend doing one, waiting for it to dry, and then working on others in the process. :)

I think I've seen High Tension before; that was a weird movie! :o I've heard of some of the others mentioned, but I haven't gotten a chance to see them, like with a lot of other movies. :/ One day I will finally be able to watch all of them! :p The Shining was amazing! Kubrick truly did a phenomenal job with creating a creepy atmosphere. I think the length helps wit that too; I really got into the movie, and I think watching it in the dark on a big screen helped that!

Ah that would explain the error message lol. I can see them now! :D You have some great work! I enjoyed going through all of the pictures, especially the ones of your work as you were working on it. It was awesome to see how the idea evolved over time as more things got added to it.

I see, I didn't know that! You definitely don't want to to crack! :eek: I'd recommend doing one, waiting for it to dry, and then working on others in the process. :)

I think I've seen High Tension before; that was a weird movie! :o I've heard of some of the others mentioned, but I haven't gotten a chance to see them, like with a lot of other movies. :/ One day I will finally be able to watch all of them! :p The Shining was amazing! Kubrick truly did a phenomenal job with creating a creepy atmosphere. I think the length helps wit that too; I really got into the movie, and I think watching it in the dark on a big screen helped that!

Ah yeah, sorry about that! I usually keep everything pretty private, at least just show things to friends rather than the public lol

And glad you enjoyed the pics! :D

It was a weird movie! I think the weirdest though was Inside!!

The Shining was an immediate favorite! I love it when a movie can scare you or really immerse you in creepiness without just jump scares!