Seen an annoying ad? Let us know here!

Webb

• 2 weeks later...

The no mans sky advert, it's huge and it keeps popping up and blocking my entire screen, no way of closing it, it plays 10- 20 seconds then is crashing my iPad causing it to reload the page every single time, losing my search results. Soooooooooo unbelievably frustrating!!!! Then when the page reloads, it just pops right back up again. It's making it impossible to use the site. :(

I'm in UK, using an iPad mini 5. Added a screenshot of what I get for you.

Edited by smudgedhorizon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seriously dudes I realise you have to keep this site running and I actually love your site, it's been my go to site since you started up pretty much and I've always come here to look up achievements! But in the last few weeks a massive ad comes up in the middle of my screen about call of duty, you can't skip it even though there is an option because the 10 sec timer in it is glitchy and not only that, I wouldn't mind if it came up once when I first clicked on a link, it comes up on every link I click on!!!!!!!

So I enter your site and click achievements, up comes the add, I click Xbox one, up comes the ad, I click on game mode, ad comes up again, then finally on the dam game, ad comes up again!

Not sure if anybody else gets this, I'm on iPad, so can't really blame it on my PC, seriously dudes get it fixed! I really don't need crappy Call of Duty shoved up my nose every time I come to your site or I'm going to have to start using a different site!

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, the ads are fecking ridiculous now, full screen pop ups. In the 3 minutes I was browsing the homepage and articles, I got a full screen pop up for The Last Guardian, a bloody PS4 exclusive, and the same xbox one ad 3 times in a row. 4 intrusive ads in 3 minutes. Its been like this for a while, constant intrusive ads. If it carries on I'll take myself somewhere else. Im fine with ads as long as they're not intrusive, so get that sorted and we can be friends again.

I'm frequently getting near full screen video ads, mainly for PS4, occasionally for Xbox too tho. I'm browsing on my phone, and the cancel button for the video is so small, and so close to the advert itself, I generally hit the advert (and load the related webpage) when I'm trying to close the video. The ad plays on the main news page, then on each news article I tap on, then again when I back out to the main page.

I've taken a picture of it, but no idea how to post it on here. Sorry to Pants for bugging him on Twitter about it!

I need locations and formats (and platforms), folks. Without them I can't do anything - people sell ads for us, many different companies. We don't like them either, so if you give us details, we'll lose them. Simple as.

In slightly better news, we did actually get rid of our US partner recently and are looking for a new one now, so that should clean up the ads from here on out. For North America, that is.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I have a super frustrating ad that keeps popping up on your website which breaks the browser so I can't view your website without getting annoyed and going elsewhere, it happens on my Apple devices IPad and IPhone, region is Luton, UK the ad is a PS4 ad which is slightly more annoying because I come to view stuff specifically for Xbox.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-9817567-Nioh-PS4/dp/B01AW2KE4M/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1485271493&sr=1-1&keywords=nioh

I browse the site on an iPad using safari and I'm seeing a full-screen pop up ad every time I navigate to a new page (previously ESO Morrowind; now something about European river cruises).

I could live with it if it only popped up on first arrival, but I'm seeing it on every page view.

Arrive at the news page (ad), select a news item (ad), return to the news page (ad), select another news item (ad).

It's almost to the point where I delete the site from my bookmarks and look elsewhere for my news.

• 2 weeks later...