Seen an annoying ad? Let us know here!

Webb

i got one today which is one for nintendo switch, it's at the bottom of the page and is an ad where you need to rollover it for it to be a larger ad so i can't click on it to get the link so hopefully what i clicked on is a link to the rollover ad.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-1173609.html?utm_source=Venatus_Zelda&utm_medium=Display&utm_content=_Floor_Ad&utm_campaign=Switch_Always_On&dclid=CL-pudmpsNICFSKM7Qod1pAHRw

i don't mind ads as long as they are at the sides out of the way and not over the page im trying to read.

I need details as per the first post, dude. If you can grab me a screenshot as well, that'd be great. The more you can offer me, the better when it comes to narrowing down where the ads are coming from :D

how do i do a screen grab?

this is the image address if that helps.

http://cdn.richmediastudio.com/html5/55670a220c71ceab2e42e57a56c26ae8/images/boton_celda.jpg

Depends on what device you're on, assuming PC because you put rollover. If you're on PC, alt + prt screen copies the active window to the clipboard, then just paste in paint or something. If you're on Mac then command +shift + 4(new Mac)/F4 old Mac should do it. Also, dude, I need:

Region - Where in the world were you when you saw this ad? We need country as a minimum. City would help too though.

Browser/Platform - Where did you see the ad? On a phone? If so, what phone? What browser? On a PC? What browser did you use? What version if possible?

Brand - What was the advertisement for?

Links - Where did the link go when you clicked it?

Other - If you can screenshot the ad, then this makes our job so much easier!

• 1 month later...

Just had this thread brought to my attention.

General comments, 99% adds featured make your site almost unusable on my ipad. They are usually full screen and appear every page swap unless when your in a forum.

I dont want subjecting to the same obstructive add 20 times every time I visit your site it makes navigaiting anywhere a pain in the rear espcially when its a video add with a 30 seconds skip buffer on as it usually takes 3 minutes to get anwhere its like being on dial ip.

Current announce is lego nexo ad, dosnt even display properly if you have the screen the wrong way butbtakes up the full screen anyhow.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I had an ad pop up and according to my computers reaction, it was trying to do something with malware.

Region: UK, Swindon

Browser/Platform: Internet Explorer on Windows 10

Brand: I don't know, it was just a grey screen.

Link: https://johshyoutube.org/2761377558797/5e4939a3902cb1e23499246b41d38761/922a621b59c92765b56548d62324dc18.html

This is the link that was in my history,

Hope this helps and you can find out if this was really malware.

So this has been a problem for at least two weeks now. There is a video that plays in the upper right corner of the page. The video itself seems to vary, advertising several different products. The main problem is that when I try to scroll down the page, it keeps zooming right back up to the top so that I have to watch the video, over and over. I cannot scroll down. It appears on most pages, such as articles and achievement lists, making them practically unusable. The ad does not appear when I access the site from my phone. I've used several different computers at different locations and in several different browsers. I wish I could tell exactly where the ad comes from but, again, it keeps changing. But it is always an automatically playing video that says "Advertisement. Your video will begin in 60 seconds." Except that 60 seconds never ends. And I don't want a video to begin with, I just want to scroll down to read the rest of the article or fill out my achievements!

Region - Kansas City, MO

Browser/Platform - PC - Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer

Brand - Varies

Links - Here

Other -

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i.imgur.com/8R9P67H.png[/img]

Hey King, sorted that, forgot to say, my bad. If it pops up again, let me know though.

And Sheps, leave it with me. Probably moving US ad partners in the next week anyway, so that issue should be a thing of the past in the not too distant future.

Thanks for the heads-up, guys, it's truly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
So this has been a problem for at least two weeks now. There is a video that plays in the upper right corner of the page. The video itself seems to vary, advertising several different products. The main problem is that when I try to scroll down the page, it keeps zooming right back up to the top so that I have to watch the video, over and over. I cannot scroll down. It appears on most pages, such as articles and achievement lists, making them practically unusable. The ad does not appear when I access the site from my phone. I've used several different computers at different locations and in several different browsers. I wish I could tell exactly where the ad comes from but, again, it keeps changing. But it is always an automatically playing video that says "Advertisement. Your video will begin in 60 seconds." Except that 60 seconds never ends. And I don't want a video to begin with, I just want to scroll down to read the rest of the article or fill out my achievements!

Region - Kansas City, MO

Browser/Platform - PC - Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer

Brand - Varies

Links - Here

Other -

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i.imgur.com/8R9P67H.png[/img]

^^^THIS. It had stopped for a while, but it's back today. The new ad that has been playing all morning (I had to mute my laptop) is one for something called Dignity Memorial. It plays at the very top of the page, and it's incessant. No exaggeration, it has played several times within a 5 minute span. While I'm trying to scroll, it pulls me back up to the top and forces me to watch, but unlike the others, this one doesn't go away.

The ads are getting so obnoxious and pervasive, with pop-up, banners, and everything else, that I find myself using the website far less frequently than I have in the past. It is a shame because this is a cool website with a great community, and while I have no issue with ads to monetize viewership - these are so obnoxious and in your face that I am just beginning to walk away from website.

For the past 4 days everytime I go this this site I get re-directed to http://nljpergeriihrgerg.arotrk.com and then followed by a Tesco Voucher website. I definitely don't have a virus because this happens on no other website. It is actually making me come to this site less and this is the site I use the most for xbox content. Fix it please.

Most of the ads I get are annoying.

I scroll down a page and on the bottom right corner is a huge box with a video playing of some ad. No way to close it. Very annoying and intrusive.

The ads that are on the left and right side of the main page are annoying. If I want to regain focus on the browser window or the tab with this site in it, I must be careful not to click in the space on the sides or else I'll be clicking on some ad and taken away to another page.

I like to keep the achievement guide pages up while I'm working on a game. Usually I have them up for weeks at a time as I'm making my way through a game. Randomly, some video or audio will play on an ad on the page and it's very annoying. I've started to just close the site down completely now and only come back to check off things as needed. I'm finding myself starting to use alternate sites because every time I think of this site now, the annoying ads are the first thing that pop into my head.

• Region - Sacramento, CA, USA
  • Browser/Platform - Win10 - latest Firefox.

Edited by DarqStalker

For the past 4 days everytime I go this this site I get re-directed to http://nljpergeriihrgerg.arotrk.com and then followed by a Tesco Voucher website. I definitely don't have a virus because this happens on no other website. It is actually making me come to this site less and this is the site I use the most for xbox content. Fix it please.

I came here looking for this... I'm glad I'm not the only one.

For about a week now, whenever I sit on the Assassin's Creed Ezio achievement page, it will invariably get redirected to some other spam site. sometimes its to tell me I've won something... sometimes it's to tell me my firefox is out of date.. one time was to tell me that my Microsoft Windows key had expired and I needed to give them my credit card to re-enable my windows...

I was genuinely convinced I'd picked up a bug... I completely reformatted my entire computer... then came back... and it happened again. It's happened 4 times so far today... twice in the last half hour.

I came here looking for this... I'm glad I'm not the only one.

For about a week now, whenever I sit on the Assassin's Creed Ezio achievement page, it will invariably get redirected to some other spam site. sometimes its to tell me I've won something... sometimes it's to tell me my firefox is out of date.. one time was to tell me that my Microsoft Windows key had expired and I needed to give them my credit card to re-enable my windows...

I was genuinely convinced I'd picked up a bug... I completely reformatted my entire computer... then came back... and it happened again. It's happened 4 times so far today... twice in the last half hour.

Updated: Happened 4 more times so far today. My antivirus picked up on two of them... let the other 2 through.

Untitled.png

So, Webb, any plans to take care of these ads?

Hey guys, my bad. We are looking at these, have been for a few weeks now. We are working on a solution. Yes, we're banning every advertisers that creeps through the gaps that does this shit - shit that we definitely don't want on the site - but we're trying to find a long-term solution so that it never happens again. Rest assured, we won't rest until this crap is sorted and it's worth mentioning it's as frustrating for us as it is you.

Me again! So, been speaking with the guys that run our ads and we've setup a solution that monitors intrusive ads. All you need to do is click the link below and then we'll be able to track the shit ads, and thus, be able to put an end to them. This is my top priority now, folks, so if you have any issues, just tweet me (@_DanWebb) or email me ([email protected]) and we'll get rid of these once and for all. Links are:

https://www.xboxachievements.com/#ads-beta

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/#ads-beta

Me again! So, been speaking with the guys that run our ads and we've setup a solution that monitors intrusive ads. All you need to do is click the link below and then we'll be able to track the shit ads, and thus, be able to put an end to them. This is my top priority now, folks, so if you have any issues, just tweet me (@_DanWebb) or email me ([email protected]) and we'll get rid of these once and for all. Links are:

https://www.xboxachievements.com/#ads-beta

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/#ads-beta

Very nice.

• 4 weeks later...

Most recent ad experience. There are sometimes so many ads, that if I have the site open in another tab, my browser will freeze up for a few seconds while the ads reload after awhile or refresh to show something else or do whatever they do.

https://imgur.com/DkSlNwG I can see a sliver of the site!

Will try the ads-beta link.

• 3 weeks later...

not sure why you dont want people to stay on your site as i get some ad pop up or pop up in background and alot of the time is redirects me to some site that says they are Telus saying you won 1 out of the 5 garbage coupons. the site that it redirects you to causes all kinds of malware or viruses. it took a day and a half for our computer tek to fix computer cause it screwed up alot of thing on computer. If this was my home computer this complaint would be way nastier but this is the computer at work that the boss pays to fix.