Seen an annoying ad? Let us know here!

Webb

This site is impossible to view while using chrome on android. After a few seconds of being on it, I immediately get redirected to some fake giveaway or virus notification. It has been like this for months.

I definitely don't have a virus on my phone, as Ive tried multiple devices and this is the only website that I visit that does this.

Came on here to post about the redirecting ads on my mobile device. Started a couple weeks ago. Glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. As soon as I load up the home page (or any other page if I'm fast enough to click a link before being redirected), within 5 seconds one of those redirected ads pops up. This is a serious problem. As it's made the entire site unusable. I prefer the layout and achievement lists on this site much better than others So I want to continue using it. But with all this going on recently, I've had to spend the majority of my time on TA.

Came on here to post about the redirecting ads on my mobile device. Started a couple weeks ago. Glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. As soon as I load up the home page (or any other page if I'm fast enough to click a link before being redirected), within 5 seconds one of those redirected ads pops up. This is a serious problem. As it's made the entire site unusable. I prefer the layout and achievement lists on this site much better than others So I want to continue using it. But with all this going on recently, I've had to spend the majority of my time on TA.

Same problem here, can't even track my achievements without being redirected to some competition or virus scan ad on any of my android devices

Sorry I've been silent, guys (been reading and feeding back the issues when you post them, but just kept forgetting to respond, my bad). I'm trying my hardest to sort this issue and all your feedback helps massively, it's proving to be a bit of a bitch situation for us. We're getting close to just turning the ads off full-stop until we can get this sorted (this might mean us going out of business, ha, but that's how much it's been testing our patience too). The sooner this is sorted the quicker we can get back to normal (which will be one of the greatest days of my life - seriously, heh).

EDIT: Also, it is monitored, I get an email each time someone posts in it, ha!

Edited by Webb

I’m using an iPhone 7 Plus on iOS 11 using Safari. A pop-up shows up, and when I hit close, i get redirected to this Amazon quiz thing. If I try to swipe back to what I was trying to read, it freezes and I have to close the tab. The only thing I can do is go back to the main page and look for that article again and try again. It’s probably hurting your SEO bounce numbers...

p1pplp6.jpg

Hey man, is it the same one as above? EDIT: Ignore me, the image didn't load for me first time, heh.

Going to see if our ad partners can ban all links going to .today and .win (and really obscure URL domain extensions), as they seem to be the problem URLs. The problem we usually have is we ban a URL and then they change the URL slightly to circumnavigate it, but hoping if we ban certain domain extensions that might give us some results. Fingers crossed!

Just as an update, folks. We've made some huge steps over the last few hours to eradicate these shitty ads and work out where they've come from. Hopefully we'll have some progress in the coming weeks (the effects should be seen now though), but if you do see anything shitty, if you could let us know, that'd be grand.

As an aside, working on the issue that True mentioned above, should have it sorted in the next few hours (we hope). Thanks again, folks, it's truly appreciated.

Awesome! I've viewed the site several times today and haven't once been redirected.

Music to my ears! Thanks for the update, Stillborn!

What we've done is basically turn off all the ad networks who buy space on the site (except for the main buys from various trusted buyers) and we're going to turn them on one at a time over the next few months (with a break in between each) to find the real culprit of this issue and then ban them for good. So, like I said above, if there's any issues, give me a shout as soon as it happens. Thanks, folks :)

Music to my ears! Thanks for the update, Stillborn!

What we've done is basically turn off all the ad networks who buy space on the site (except for the main buys from various trusted buyers) and we're going to turn them on one at a time over the next few months (with a break in between each) to find the real culprit of this issue and then ban them for good. So, like I said above, if there's any issues, give me a shout as soon as it happens. Thanks, folks :)

Excellent! Just to give credit where credit is due...the site has been much more enjoyable to browse the last few days.

I have a galaxy s7 and get redirects that say either I have a virus or my system is 28% damaged. There end up being about 3 websites in my chrome history after the page I was on. It happens maybe 4/5 times that I load the site. It can be the homepage, news, or on the forums.

Thankfully I am usually near a PC, so I can still use the site. I would be nice to have it mobile though.

Glad to see it's being worked on and hope it gets solved soon.