Seen an annoying ad? Let us know here!

Webb

Cheers, Lewie. Fed those links back to ad agency and they'll get right on it :)

As an aside from the odd issue here and there, just wondering what people's experiences are in the last week or so since we tried something new. If you could let me know that'd be wonderful.

Cheers, Lewie. Fed those links back to ad agency and they'll get right on it :)

As an aside from the odd issue here and there, just wondering what people's experiences are in the last week or so since we tried something new. If you could let me know that'd be wonderful.

apart from the ads i havent had any problems. haven't noticed anything different tho. i am on mobile tho because someone killed my laptop with coffee lol

Apart from the ads above? Otherwise okay? Heh, well hopefully it's a bit of a smoother ride for everyone, ha. Also, as an aside, coffee and technology doesn't mix :D

i havent had an ad redirect me since the 2 i posted earlier. if it happens again il post it here but so far so good its been fine. thanks for taking care of by those ads :)

As an aside, is anyone else having issues with those ads except Lewie? We're finding it hard to track these down. Lewie, can you let me know everything you use, from mobile phone, where you are to browser, etc. The more specific, the better. Starting to think if it's just you Lewie, it might be an issue on your end. We're trying to replicate though, so the more information you can give us, the better.

my phone is an alcatel 5045x, i think thats probably on the old side but i dont know, i dont look into phones much. i use google chrome as my browser. i do also have opera mini browser which has a built in ad blocker and i do not get any kind of redirecting ads if i use this browser. the reason i dont use it on this site is just to help out that little bit by seeing ads. i just dont like redirecting, interuptive ads.

i dont get any of the pop up ads if i use the xbox browser either, just the phone

i most often get hit with these ads while looking on the news page but recently they have being popping up in forums like when im reading a visitor message.

sometimes it doesnt pop up immediately tho, like i could be half way through reading a message when it decides to redirect me.

that said i havent had a single ad pop up today

Edited by Lewie B I ReQ

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys and gals... just wanted to check back in and see how everything is going. I'm assuming no news is good news on this front? How has it been for everyone recently? Fingers crossed we've ironed out a lot of the issues and everything is performing as it used to be :)

• 2 weeks later...

I keep getting a 'Congratulations! You have been randomly selected...' ad/pop-up that completely disables me accessing the site. I tested it and it did it 10 times in a row either when I was trying to access an achievement list by navigating from the drop down menu or actually searching for a game (wouldn't allow me to completely type in the game).

d199t5gtpfdmhx.cloudfront.net

I'm on an iPhone 6 with all the latest updates.

EDIT - Finally got through, but it is most annoying.

hoSjga3.png

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

So this is happening, an ad about ads which despite completing the really bad form it is truly terrible response to GDPR as bamboozling your users with all that gibberish is madness. Then to cap it all of it appears each and every page even if you complete it with preferences, it wont go away!

[ATTACH]9415[/ATTACH]

Edited by True Marvellous

So this is happening, an ad about ads which despite completing the really bad form it is truly terrible response to GDPR as bamboozling your users with all that gibberish is madness. Then to cap it all of it appears each and every page even if you complete it with preferences, it wont go away!

[ATTACH]9415[/ATTACH]

I have to agree this will start to do my head in. Is there a way to stop it?

On mobile, iPhone 8, safari.

Everytime I go to view an achievement guide, a pop up comes up and redirects the one to some spam site. I hit back and a few seconds later the pop up comes up again and I get redirected. It’s the most annoying thing ever.

I can’t use your site on mobile at all. Desktop is getting almost as annoying.

• 1 month later...

Just came across this thread and wanted to give my feedback.

For the past 6-8 months or so, whenever viewing the main site or any of its pages, it would get taken over by an ad and I'd be forced to close the tab entirely and try again. It would take anywhere from 1-5 minutes of viewing stuff such as articles or achievement lists. It was insanely annoying being in the middle of doing something and having my browser commandeered.

Eventually I figured out that disabling Javascript stopped the ads from taking over. But that really hindered my guide writing, since I do that all from my phone. For some reason the ads only take over when I'm on the main site. As soon as I go to the Forums page I'm safe there.

After a month or so of Javascript disabled and never getting an ad, I got frustrated trying to write guides without it so I enabled it. It took around a week and then I started getting the ads taking over my browser again. I ended up subscribing for $10 since it said it gets rid of ads. Sure enough, I've had Javascript enabled for a month and haven't had an ad take over my browser.

For reference, I'm using a Galaxy (android) with Chrome as my browser.