Seen an annoying ad? Let us know here!

Webb

And another.

https://bestrewardfromgaunterodimmin.icu/fb_hearoriginal_walmart_1000_n/index.html?trackid=20181115120809155#

I reported all these, by the way, mate, sorry, forgot to respond again, heh. Fear not though, as soon as I see a message in this thread I react straight away :)

This is the ONLY site I frequent that is constantly fighting this issue.

I was on the site on my laptop the other day and was bombarded with banner ads, ads all around the content, a video ad popping up, and another ad after I closed the video that was just sound and the only way to stop it was to navigate away from the site.

No idea how to report ads that are just sound :think:

There should be no sound on ads unless initiated, remember what the ad was for?

Sorted, it was a signature with a Raptr link, that's all - a site that no longer exists.

There should be no sound on ads unless initiated, remember what the ad was for?

Sorry, I was trying to figure out how to make it stop and didn't pay attention to what it was advertising :( I'll go on my laptop more often this week and see if it comes up again and go from there.

• 3 weeks later...

Will sort it.

And honestly, not sure, mate. It seems to affect you more than most. I've not had any issues since we made the big changes a while back. Maybe it's a device/OS issue and we should look at that more closely and figure out the cause of it. Where and what did you see this ad on?

Will sort it.

And honestly, not sure, mate. It seems to affect you more than most. I've not had any issues since we made the big changes a while back. Maybe it's a device/OS issue and we should look at that more closely and figure out the cause of it. Where and what did you see this ad on?

Almost always on news articles. I’m always on iOS.

https://beside-someone.shoppingtable.com/?Flow=6415450511147741&uid=cf8b242ed50f839b0833b07fffd1863b&toke=w50RSsbWk&pagecode=1545222042.1772&actken=dhzdyglPzaFowfnYENCsFMihzmk00Lhe0tVjJgWYHcElygTt0fIHub4tls6kBOSoEYygzaUn1dEXxyFY3uWl0t3V9tmG1vE4hp4IifnoENiYDMzUEZDLIMRO7cvST

On it, mate.

Out of interest as I want to see why you're affected far more than anyone else and get to the bottom of it... you said iOS, but is that iPad or iPhone? And what version of the OS are you using? Are you using Chrome as well? Thanks in advance, good sir.

• 1 month later...

I have an iPad 2 (a few years old) running iOS 12.1.3, and I was visiting your site on Safari. I was looking at the Xbox 360 achievement guide for “LEGO Star Wars II”. The site was completely taken over by a fishy ad and a URL of:

https://aadharcardcenterahmedabadgujarat.world/0e317dc5cedfa0a42a84e9a44f350f67/index.html?isp=Charter%20Communications%20Inc&trackid=2019021720172310594#

It has a pop-up that says “Congratulations!

Dear �� Charter Communications Inc User, We are holding an anniversary celebration for next 7 days (February.17 -> February.24) to reward your loyalty.”

Behind that are a bunch of images with red gift boxes with yellow ribbon, and at the top is info about winning $1000 gift cards from Walmart, Visa, Amazon. It says they pick 100 winners a day.

Please do what you can to block stuff like this! Super annoying! I can tap on the “Back” button all day, and it won’t go back to your site. If I close Safari and restart to go to your site, I imagine I’ll get a similar ad later. This happens a lot.

Edited by hoferchr

• 1 month later...

This is still an issue for me on my iPad. Is there anything you can do to stop these screens from overtaking your website? Today’s comes from:

https://insidefercgasmarket.world/85b0b82fde9ab8aefe99d9230c959f89/index.html?isp=Charter%20Communications%20Inc&trackid=201904062046325013#

Edited by hoferchr

This is still an issue for me on my iPad. Is there anything you c an do to stop these screens from overtaking your website? Today’s comes from:

https://insidefercgasmarket.world/85b0b82fde9ab8aefe99d9230c959f89/index.html?isp=Charter%20Communications%20Inc&trackid=201904062046325013#

Hello mate, just wanted to check in and see if you were still having that issue. Should have been dealt with last week, but just wanted to check in and see whether it was sorted. Let me know, if not I'll follow up on it. Thanks :)

• 1 month later...
Hello mate, just wanted to check in and see if you were still having that issue. Should have been dealt with last week, but just wanted to check in and see whether it was sorted. Let me know, if not I'll follow up on it. Thanks :)

Thank you for checking in. I haven't noticed any oddities recently, but I'll admit I haven't been using your site often since posting...only on occasion to check off new achievements I'm getting. I'll keep an eye on things and let you know if there are any issues.

On a side note, those short videos that suddenly appear on the bottom corner of pages are a bit of a bother. Wish there wouldn't have to be so many ads on your site...but I'll live with it for now.

Thank you for checking in. I haven't noticed any oddities recently, but I'll admit I haven't been using your site often since posting...only on occasion to check off new achievements I'm getting. I'll keep an eye on things and let you know if there are any issues.

On a side note, those short videos that suddenly appear on the bottom corner of pages are a bit of a bother. Wish there wouldn't have to be so many ads on your site...but I'll live with it for now.

Brilliant, thanks.

And as for the amount of ads, we don't really have any more than any other site. We are working on ways to present them in a much more manageable fashion though which we should be able to roll out soon :)

• 2 weeks later...
Brilliant, thanks.

And as for the amount of ads, we don't really have any more than any other site. We are working on ways to present them in a much more manageable fashion though which we should be able to roll out soon :)

I find that a bit hard to believe...

I came on here to see if other people were mentioning the absolute barrage of ads when accessing just the home page lately. It wasn't always like this for me, but I started noticing the uptick in ads/ad space breaking HTML coding of the site over the last week or two. This site is constantly open for me in one of my tabs, and I've seen my ABP exceed 1000 blocked ads from just sitting idle on the home screen in a single instance. I did some other testing today in turning off my ABP, accessing the site, turning it back on and accessing the site, and the moment the site loaded for me, my ABP instantly blocked 51 ads. That's a bit ludicrous to be presented with over 50 advertisements within the first milliseconds of a website loading.

Another thing I noticed when I had my ABP turned off during my testing was three different popup videos on the home page all playing in succession. That's kind of overkill, yeah?

I understand the importance of running ads on the site, but hopefully it can be managed in a way where the user isn't literally drowning in them to the point where the ads are literally breaking your HTML code.

UPDATE:

I left the site idle in a tab for 3.5 hours and came back to 5235 blocked ads. That's insane.

Edited by J Lo

I find that a bit hard to believe...

I came on here to see if other people were mentioning the absolute barrage of ads when accessing just the home page lately. It wasn't always like this for me, but I started noticing the uptick in ads/ad space breaking HTML coding of the site over the last week or two. This site is constantly open for me in one of my tabs, and I've seen my ABP exceed 1000 blocked ads from just sitting idle on the home screen in a single instance. I did some other testing today in turning off my ABP, accessing the site, turning it back on and accessing the site, and the moment the site loaded for me, my ABP instantly blocked 51 ads. That's a bit ludicrous to be presented with over 50 advertisements within the first milliseconds of a website loading.

Another thing I noticed when I had my ABP turned off during my testing was three different popup videos on the home page all playing in succession. That's kind of overkill, yeah?

I understand the importance of running ads on the site, but hopefully it can be managed in a way where the user isn't literally drowning in them to the point where the ads are literally breaking your HTML code.

UPDATE:

I left the site idle in a tab for 3.5 hours and came back to 5235 blocked ads. That's insane.

If you've got that many ads / blocked instances on this site, you might want to scan your computer. I've currently got three ads on this page...

How would he have a virus that was only making things appear on this one website?

NFC, all I can tell you is when browsing at work, I get 3 items blocked by my adblocker and when I'm at home I see 2 - 4 ads on each page for this site. Granted the pop-up ads and any video ads are really #$%^ing annoying and something I wish the site didn't have, but it is no worse than any other site and in fact better than many.

In my (admittedly limited) experience, when people get 1000+ blocked instances in an adblocker they're infected with something, especially if they're just idling on a site and the blocked items are ticking up the longer they idle there.

Edited by Rainith
typo

NFC, all I can tell you is when browsing at work, I get 3 items blocked by my adblocker and when I'm at home I see 2 - 4 ads on each page for this site. Granted the pop-up ads and any video ads are really #$%^ing annoying and something I wish the site didn't have, but it is no worse than any other site and in fact better than many.

In my (admittedly limited) experience, when people get 1000+ blocked instances in an adblocker they're infected with something, especially if they're just idling on a site and the blocked items are ticking up the longer they idle there.

I'm having the same issue as the other member, though I only notice it when I'm on a game's achievement guide page since I don't hang out on the homepage as much. Again, only site it is happening to and only been in the past couple of weeks or so. Ran virus and malware scans and they didn't pick up anything, though I will admit that it is a possibility that it's something not getting noticed yet perhaps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi chaps, sorry, been meaning to respond to this sooner. Basically, we have between 3 and 5 ad zones on each page, the reason you see so many blocked ads is because the ads refresh every 90 seconds or so. I think it's about that, not 100% sure. It's a common thing in ads, but on most sites you won't even notice it happening because you never stay on a page more than 90 seconds. Here's an article about it:

https://www.adpushup.com/blog/what-are-auto-refresh-ads-and-how-do-they-work/

So, just to clarify: there aren't 5,000 ad zones, ha, it's just ads refreshing in the same zones. No malware, nothing like that, just a fresh ad load every certain amount of seconds.

As for it breaking the site, that shouldn't happen, maybe the wrong size ad is loading into the wrong area. If you see that happen, note the ad, the brand, maybe screenshot it, and send it my way and we'll get it nuked :)

Hi chaps, sorry, been meaning to respond to this sooner. Basically, we have between 3 and 5 ad zones on each page, the reason you see so many blocked ads is because the ads refresh every 90 seconds or so. I think it's about that, not 100% sure. It's a common thing in ads, but on most sites you won't even notice it happening because you never stay on a page more than 90 seconds. Here's an article about it:

https://www.adpushup.com/blog/what-are-auto-refresh-ads-and-how-do-they-work/

So, just to clarify: there aren't 5,000 ad zones, ha, it's just ads refreshing in the same zones. No malware, nothing like that, just a fresh ad load every certain amount of seconds.

As for it breaking the site, that shouldn't happen, maybe the wrong size ad is loading into the wrong area. If you see that happen, note the ad, the brand, maybe screenshot it, and send it my way and we'll get it nuked :)

I was thinking that it might have been something like that happening, just never seen it happen so fast and with such a huge number like that. Thanks for explaining the likely possibility though.

• 2 months later...

I'm posting here per the instruction from Dirty130 on this thread which was the only other reference to this situation on the forum:

https://www.xboxachievements.com/for...d.php?t=715789

For the past several months, I regularly get this warning from Chrome usually when clicking on older (4+ years) forum threads:

Deceptive site ahead

Attackers on raptr.com may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers or credit cards).

Any one else getting this page?