The deal with Hatch (spoilers, obviously)

TheLegendOf1977

Any thoughts? On my first playthrough i chose to believe Hatch instead of the doctor, and in the following TV episode he gets locked n the CFR chamber, touches the CFR and gets time powers?

BUT, if you choose to trust the doc, Hatch gets killed before getting his powers?

It's obvious to me that he is the one doing all of the cool shit you see when riding the elivator up to Serene's office, and the one trying to grab you in the corridor, but i'm not sure if he's had his powers the whole time (and thus also travelled in time before) or there's something else going on...

Remember when we started the game and he was seen across the street? When we turn around he disappears completely. I think he's always had powers. I couldn't get a good look at what it was killing those Monarch guards, but you could be right. Also, from seeing the short end cut scene (he's definitely not dead). I feel a sequel coming in the future.

Remember when we started the game and he was seen across the street? When we turn around he disappears completely. I think he's always had powers. I couldn't get a good look at what it was killing those Monarch guards, but you could be right. Also, from seeing the short end cut scene (he's definitely not dead). I feel a sequel coming in the future.

Yep me too either. I hoping game improves many things over QB. I agreed believe sequel is coming but I hope Alan Wake 2 coming first before QB 2. :)

He's a shifter that came to 2010 from a natural time machine found in africa. One of the later intel items states this.

I remember reading that intel item, but didn't hatch appear in 2001? not 2010? unless you meant 2001 and that was a typo , if so- my bad

Btw...he is ALWAYS stabbed in the eye or shot in it in BOTH endings....and he ALWAYS puts chronon eye drops in the end eye he gets stabbed/shot in

And yes he is a shifter and he got chronon sickness from a maturally occurring time machine. After ground zero he is able to conquer his madness/sickness but retaining his powers

I always thought the one going around killing everyone in the HQ was Dr Kim, after being released by the lab explosion. Hatch makes it pretty clear that he wants Jack to succeed, so it doesn't make a lot of sense that he would attack him.

I'll be totally honest, I read "Untitled Note" and thought it was quite interesting, but totally missed the heavy hint that Hatch wrote it until recently. I just completely failed to put two and two together. I think it's better to go back and read these things later, at the time I was too busy thinking about where the next collectable was to really think things through properly.

I always thought the one going around killing everyone in the HQ was Dr Kim, after being released by the lab explosion. Hatch makes it pretty clear that he wants Jack to succeed, so it doesn't make a lot of sense that he would attack him.

They way i see it is that Hatch was clearing the way to the CFR, but you're right: him "attacking" you at the end of the corridor wouldn't make sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally, it seemed like he was attacking you in the corridor, but on my second playthrough, it seems more like he stops in front of Jack, surprising him. It's almost as though he was going to attack but then realized who it was. Given the surprise, it seems like the situation plays out naturally.