Four Kings Help

BlueWolf

Don't know if anyone still uses this board

I'm having real difficulty with the Four Kings, I've tried full Havel and wailing on them with Queelags Furysword but can't get one down before getting destroyed.

I did manage to summon twice but on both occasions neither had the Covenant of Artorias equipped and died instantly.

I'm SL 77 (I understand this is high for the area) but can anyone help? Let me know on here or on XBL (xixBlueWolfxix)

Thanks

Don't know if anyone still uses this board

I'm having real difficulty with the Four Kings, I've tried full Havel and wailing on them with Queelags Furysword but can't get one down before getting destroyed.

I did manage to summon twice but on both occasions neither had the Covenant of Artorias equipped and died instantly

You MUST wear the Artorias Ring or you will die, so you only have room to equip one ring of your choice.

The key to winning this fight is Damage Per Second, and being aggressive. Dishing out constant, fast damage is better than one-hit-high-damage-but-slow-recharge attacks. Also, learn to dodge. Dodging consumes less stamina compared to blocking the Kings' attacks.

Of course, you can also choose to grind some levels to boost your Vigor / Endurance to further raise your survivability. With DS2 & DS3, there won't be many players playing DS1 for you to summon now, so there really isn't a need to keep your level down. Besides, do you know that if you bring in summons, bosses actually gain extra HP, making the fights harder?

I used an Iaito +10 with Sunlight Blade. It worked like a charm.

Edited by ImaginaryRuins

As you play, try to recognize some of their attacks before they happen and many of their attacks are easier to dodge once you have seen them a few times. For example:

The vertical sword slice and thrust are both avoidable simply by moving left and right. Keeping your shield up (or not) and side stepping while locked onto the king will avoid those two attacks.

The horizontal attacks are tougher to dodge, but comparatively deal the least amount of damage of any of the four kings attacks. Note however that the four kings attacks deal some magic damage, so even with a 100% physical shield, some damage will go through. Look for items and/or armor that increases magic resistance to help mitigate this.

When the King your fighting spins in a circle, that means one of two attacks are coming. One is an aoe burst that hits in a circle around the boss (and can be blocked to reduce damage). The other is a lunge attack which deals moderate to heavy damage and can not be blocked. Both of these attacks are best avoiding by running directly away from the boss as soon as you see them spin in place.

On another note, the purple bolts that the bosses cast at range can not be dodged, however you can move away to avoid them. They will follow but will dissipate after approx 15 seconds if they do not come into contact with you. Once again, these attacks also deal magic damage.

• 3 weeks later...