06) The Helping Hand Nominations Thread

Lavindathar

3WyymYD.png

The Helping Hand award is intended to reward those members who truly care about the community and show that by helping those around them. This might be someone who consistently provides outstanding answers to questions on the forum, helps people boost in a game even when they no longer need any achievements, or other such community focused activities.

This award is specifically NOT intended to recognize those members of our community who write incredible guides and walkthroughs, or in fact any other activity that has its own award. This is for people who just go above and beyond because of love of community.

If you want to nominate someone for the Helping Hand award, please make sure that you meet the following criteria:

- You have been a member of the site for at least 6 months

- You cannot nominate yourself

There are no requirements in obtaining this reward. There is no set list of what nominees must do. If you feel someone has gone above and beyond the call of duty, then feel free to nominate them.

Note that each individual nomination will be reviewed by staff members who will come to a consensus of whether that person is deserving on a case by case basis.

This award is now tiered in the usual bronze, silver and gold style. By receiving multiple nominations over time, your tier will advance. For example, if someone with Bronze was to be nominated again, they would have the potential of being awarded Silver if their nomination was approved.

The awards look as follows:

If you would like to nominate someone for the Helping Hand award, please post in this thread with why you feel they are worthy. If applicable, include links to posts or threads on the site which demonstrate your point and a profile link to the nominee.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Helping Hand Recipients

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/images/awards/helping-bronze-64.png Bronze

- 299 - Creating and donating controller rests for XBA tournament prizes.

- anthonyd46 - Mega thread maintenance

- bigbear. - Trading items with members to lesson the grind on achievements and all-round help in Rocket League.

- bLaKgRaVy - Going above and beyond the call of duty.

- BluWolve - For generously donated 4 game codes for our site giveaways

- Burning Karma - Sending a staff member a cool collector's edition of a game. That's a helping hand in my book!

- ChickinOnaChain - Keeping up with all the Borderlands 3 Golden Key Codes!

- * Clueless * - Invaluable contributions to the Guide Team and Max Clubs

- Corrupt. - Cover Correction Project contribution, Assisting users with guide creation

- Creech - Invaluable contribution to the forums as a whole

- dakisbac - The bargain bin forum plus various other great ideas.

- Dirty130 - Generously donated games for events and giveaways.

- Dylan XBA - Generously donating a copy of a game to help a member.

- EmporerDragon - For their positive and useful help found https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=684199

- FoRty9 - Misc. achievement help for multiple members

- Floyd. - Super-helpful across the forums.

- Fragarach Luin - For carrying the load for a member through an entire campaign run on the hardest difficulty in Sniper Elite 4

- fvkasm2x - A huge effort in assisting members in guide creation

- Harry94 - Posting of various useful tips videos for our community.

- Havoc1st - Fulfilling avatar requests for multiple members

- Grey Delta - Generously gifted a member a game code

- Jack Frost - Extensive achievement help during a Red Dead session for 8+ members

- Jorax - Created and maintained the Quick & Easy Arcade List

- Just AmazN - Invaluable contributions to the Quick & Easy threads

- Kairi - Mega thread maintenance, Consistent help across all forums

- KillerBEA - Exact reason unknown but BEA certainly would have earned it

- Lewie B I ReQ - For their positive and useful help found https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=684199

- Menion Leah - Mega thread maintenance

- MissJaded - Misc. achievement help for multiple members

- Mr Chaotix - For generously donated a game code for our site giveaways

- Necrophage - For helping the Max Club team sort which clubs are ineligible.

- Nozza - Awesome signature for a member!

- NShepherd N7 - Consistently creating a multitude of guides over a short period

- Pokenut - For their positive and useful help found https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=684199

- sanger - Extensive thread contributions

- Sasquach11235 - Helping tournament players with backgammon

- Scotty - Consistent help across all forums, Invaluable contributions to the Max Clubs

- Skorpion XBA - Invaluable contributions to both the Guide Team and Max Clubs

- Spanish Assault - Keeping up with all the Borderlands 3 Golden Key Codes!

- Ten Foot Bunny - Eagerly volunteers time and time again to help in games she has already completed

- TemporalWizard - Creating the Good Deals threads. Taking over and keeping the Games with Gold thread up to date.

- THE DEADLY DOG - Cover Correction Project contribution

- The Pants Party - Invaluable contribution to the forums as a whole

- Tussell - For their positive and useful help found https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=684199

- Tyger7 - Invaluable contribution to the Guide Team, Consistent help across all forums

- WaynePlay - Donating two MK11 Beta Codes. Thank you!

- XBOX ISAAC82 - Created and maintained the Quick & Easy Windows 8 and Windows Phone Lists

- Wanz1 3 - Exemplary work keeping up with the Borderlands 3 Shift codes!

- Watty8883 - For being a huge help to a member in Minecraft!

- xhunterrrr - Generously donated Destiny 2 beta codes for site giveaways

- Y2Kasper10 - A huge effort in assisting members in guide creation.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/images/awards/helping-silver-64.png Silver

- BiggD - Deals With Gold thread maintenance, Consistent help across all forums, Giving a game away for free

- dakisbac - Assisting members with extensive information

- Dirty130 - Staff vs Site tournament contribution, Eagerly volunteers time and time again to help in games he has already completed

- Floyd. - Consistent help across all forums, Posting site suggestions, Assisting members with guide creation

- Jack Frost - Extensive achievement help for members over multiple sessions

- KillerBEA - Misc. achievement help for multiple members, Cover Correction Project contribution, Creating and providing art for multiple members, Assisting staff with a CG event

- Necrophage - For helping members of the community with Slaughterstar in BL3!

- sanger - Mega thread contributions, Invaluable contributions to the Quick & Easy Lists

- Scotty - For being super helpful towards the community!

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/images/awards/helping-gold-64.png Gold

-Dirty130 - Donating yet again to a site tournament. Going above and beyond the call of staff. Being an overall great guy.

-Scotty - For going above and beyond distributing items to the XBA community in BL3

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/images/awards/helping-platinum-64.png Platinum

-Scotty - First helping hand Platinum! Nice! For all your selfless work helping the community in Battlefield 1 boosting!

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/images/awards/helping-emerald-64.png Emerald

- None Currently

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/images/awards/helping-diamond-64.png Diamond

- None Currently

Edited by Dirty130

I'd like to nominate anthonyd46 for his excellent work in the New Quick & Easy 1000 Thread. Since he took over, Anthony has done a great job of keeping the list updated with all the relevant info regarding the new game releases. Despite the recent drama between himself and a few other members, I think he deserves recognition for helping many others (myself included) gather some quick info on which games might be worth playing through for some quick G's :o

I'd like to nominate anthonyd46 for his excellent work in the New Quick & Easy 1000 Thread. Since he took over, Anthony has done a great job of keeping the list updated with all the relevant info regarding the new game releases. Despite the recent drama between himself and a few other members, I think he deserves recognition for helping many others (myself included) gather some quick info on which games might be worth playing through for some quick G's :o

Just coming here to post the same:p Anthony does a great job of keeping that thread updated.

I'd like to nominate KillerBEA, The Deadly Dog, and Corrupt for their work on the Cover Correction Project many years ago. Back in the olden days, there was a large quantity of game pages that lacked the game cover itself. At the time, I believe only The Deadly Dog was staff (and therefore uploading the images) in conjunction with KillerBEA, Corrupt, and myself working into the early hours of the morning to find each unique cover. Many of them had to be cropped in order to fit the dimension for each game page. If you look today at any Xbox 360 or Xbox Live Arcade game, with a single digit number of exceptions, they ALL have the proper cover corresponding to their region.

Just coming here to post the same:p Anthony does a great job of keeping that thread updated.

In turn I would also like to nominate sanger. He suggests 90% of the games in Anthony's thread, but even despite their differences lately, they both do a hell of a job with that thread.

I know it can be said that he's, "just doing his job as admin," but I feel strongly that The Pants Party deserves recognition for everything he does on the forums outside of his front page and achievement updating duties. He maintains multiple threads like the Backwards Compatibility mega thread, consistently answers questions with factual responses (often providing many supplemental links to cover all aspects of the answer), is always willing to discuss and help players with RPG games (which he has also written lots of guides for!), etc.

• 3 months later...

In turn I would also like to nominate sanger. He suggests 90% of the games in Anthony's thread, but even despite their differences lately, they both do a hell of a job with that thread.

With the recent change to rules allowing me to nominate again, I'd like to bring these 2 nominations to light in the case they may have been over looked or forgotten. I checked their award showcases and couldn't see anything, so I hope you don't mind that I've brought it up :)

Also, on behalf of Mike, Fishman, Edword and Bear. I'd like to nominate Jack Frost for his help on Red Dead Redemption yesterday. I called on Jack's expertise to guide us through the game's many bugs and he spent near 9 hours with our group politely directing us to achievement glory in the quickest and easiest ways possible. Without Jack, some of us may have been left in the dust, unable to play or unlock remaining achievements due to DLC issues and other problems that quite literally plagued the game's multiplayer component. Award or not, here's to you, Jack :drunk

Thank you for your consideration.

Anthony and sanger will be receiving the bronze level of the award, they're just in the processing queue as bplayak is currently enjoying some fun in the sun. I'll be posting an update soon with who the latest recipients are :)

As long as you've been on this site for at least six months, nominate away.

Edited by Floyd.

I would like to nominate Floyd, for answering my questions about guide-writing and also for providing me with the BBCode template for the specific game I needed after I found that I couldn't use Vyrasta's on mobile.

I would also like to nominate Dirty130 for going nuts with the invites for this upcoming Site v Staff tourney. It went a long way toward stirring up community interest, and caused me to actually consider entering (which I have now done).

Also, on behalf of Mike, Fishman, Edword and Bear. I'd like to nominate Jack Frost for his help on Red Dead Redemption yesterday. I called on Jack's expertise to guide us through the game's many bugs and he spent near 9 hours with our group politely directing us to achievement glory in the quickest and easiest ways possible. Without Jack, some of us may have been left in the dust, unable to play or unlock remaining achievements due to DLC issues and other problems that quite literally plagued the game's multiplayer component. Award or not, here's to you, Jack :drunk

Thank you for your consideration.

I as well would like to send a nomination his way. He spent all of yesterday (and a day the previous weekend) helping 8 of us in total unlock every ridiculous achievement in Red Dead Redemption. He wasn't just on for an hour or two. This was at least a 6 hour session if not more.

I'd like to nominate Puzzler for all his effort in putting up the "Achievement Difficulty Rating" and "Estimated Time to 100%" threads for all the games listed on the site. Personally, I've always thought this was a great feature from the sister site and should have been implemented years ago, but better late than never! :D

Edited by Rapture639

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd like to nominate BigglyWiggly (BiggD) for kindly giving me his Dishonored Definitive Edition code. He said it was either give it to me, or sell it on ebay, and he gave it to me :)

Also something about the Dunwall City Trials DLC being too hard, and that he believes in my skills, and that I'll complete it with ease.

Very generous of him :simba:

Hi y'all.

I'd like to nominate:

KillerBEA: For showing initiate and inviting fellow XBA members to a session of Overwatch during the recent CG event. I feel this might encourage other promotors, ambassadors and subscribers to do similar if they have a game that is featured in future a community event. Nice one, BEA!

NShepherd N7: For the amount of guides he contributes to the site. I know they have an award for that already, but I'd still like to put him forward for nomination as I think it's good to encourage members to write guides, be it their first attempt at a quality guide or if they've been churning them out for a while.

Havoc1st: For his efforts on quickly whacking a Santa Hat on members that have been requesting them for their avatars. Champion.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to nominate Grey Delta for his generosity in gifting me a Paladins Beta code. I was a little disappointed when I did not receive a code after checking my email throughout yesterday and this really made my day (or evening I should say.) What a great game and most of all, thanks Grey! :D

I'd like to nominate Bigbear. Ages ago, I was having trouble with signing in on the site. He helped me over Xbox Live to fix the problem.

At least I think it was Bigbear, it could have been Floyd too but I'm pretty sure it was Bigbear. :p

It was me. Personally, I don't think I deserve the award. Just doing my job. But that is up to Floyd. And I appreciate your thought Sonic :)

• 3 months later...

I'd like to nominate Dirty130, Jack Frost, and TenFootBunny for helping out in another huge Red Dead Redemption boosting session today. Many people helped out and I'm grateful to them all, but those 3 I named came and lended a hand despite already having all the achievements. That definitely qualifies as above and beyond in my opinion.