06) The Helping Hand Nominations Thread

Lavindathar

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to nominate fvkasm2x for his efforts in helping J Roller learn the ropes of road mapping and guide making. A solid effort.

[This thread] shows the work Dirty speaks of and I would also like to back the nomination.

I third this nomination. I was actually just about to come here and nominate fvkasm myself. :)

I'd like to nominate Grey Delta for his generosity in gifting me a Paladins Beta code. I was a little disappointed when I did not receive a code after checking my email throughout yesterday and this really made my day (or evening I should say.) What a great game and most of all, thanks Grey! :D

I'd like to nominate Bigbear. Ages ago, I was having trouble with signing in on the site. He helped me over Xbox Live to fix the problem.

At least I think it was Bigbear, it could have been Floyd too but I'm pretty sure it was Bigbear. :p

I'd like to nominate Dirty130, Jack Frost, and TenFootBunny for helping out in another huge Red Dead Redemption boosting session today. Many people helped out and I'm grateful to them all, but those 3 I named came and lended a hand despite already having all the achievements. That definitely qualifies as above and beyond in my opinion.

I'd like to nominate fvkasm2x for his efforts in helping J Roller learn the ropes of road mapping and guide making. A solid effort.

[This thread] shows the work Dirty speaks of and I would also like to back the nomination.

I third this nomination. I was actually just about to come here and nominate fvkasm myself. :)

Apologies for only getting around to this now. These nominations are currently being processed. I'll post the results once they are available :)

After discussions with The Hoff and our King, these outstanding members will be receiving the Bronze Tier of The Helping Hand award!

• fvkasm2x (A huge effort in assisting members in guide creation.)

• Grey Delta (Generously gifted a member a Paladins game code.)

• Jorax (Creating and maintaining the Quick & Easy Arcade List.)

• Just AmazN (Invaluable contributions to the Quick & Easy threads.)

• Ten Foot Bunny (Eagerly volunteers time and time again to help in games she has already completed.)

• XBOX ISAAC82 (Creating and maintaining the Quick & Easy Windows 8 and Windows Phone Lists.)

• xhunterrrr (Generously donated Destiny 2 beta codes for site giveaways.)

The following highly committed members will be moving up to the Silver Tier of The Helping Hand award.

• Dirty130 (Eagerly volunteers time and time again to help in games he has already completed.)

• Jack Frost (Eagerly volunteers time and time again to help in games he has already completed.)

• sanger (Invaluable contributions to the Quick & Easy Lists.)

If you think someone deserves The Helping Hand award, feel free to nominate them here or privately :)

I'd like to nominate bigbear. for generously trading me a certified item on Rocket League a while ago, making those related achievements much easier and faster for me to obtain. Also for being a go-to for Rocket League pointers and tips. :D

I'd like to nominate bigbear. for generously trading me a certified item on Rocket League a while ago, making those related achievements much easier and faster for me to obtain. Also for being a go-to for Rocket League pointers and tips. :D

Yes, yes. Bear has been quite generous gifting Rocketball items to the community to help with their achievements. I'll bring this up with The Hoff and our King for further discussion the next time I see them tandem hang gliding.

I came here to nominate BiggD for his efforts in posting The Deals with Gold thread each week, but see he has already been nominated and awarded for that. So, while I won't do that, I will nominate TemporalWizard for his efforts in creating the Good Deals threads and keeping the The Games with Gold thread up to date.

I came here to nominate BiggD for his efforts in posting The Deals with Gold thread each week, but see he has already been nominated and awarded for that. So, while I won't do that, I will nominate TemporalWizard for his efforts in creating the Good Deals threads and keeping the The Games with Gold thread up to date.

I second Tempy's nomination. :)

I second Tempy's nomination. :)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ogwtVdHQJg4/UB5s8WoZXKI/AAAAAAAACG0/hRqV9X4hnAo/s320/star-trek-nodding.gif

I'd like to nominate Fishman for all the help he gives in the GFX thread, especially for people like me who are photoshop-illiterate.

Fishman's work is fantastic, but it's a fine line between what his role as staff is and what is considered outside of his role and 'extra'. I'm wanting to see this nomination go through personally, but some discussion is needed first :)

I'd like to nominate Fishman for all the help he gives in the GFX thread, especially for people like me who are photoshop-illiterate.

Thanks, really appreciate it. Never been nominated before. :D

Also, for what it's worth...I would have helped make the banners for you even if I wasn't on staff. :p

• 2 weeks later...

After some deliberation, it has been decided that Fishman will not receive The Helping Hand Award for his work in creating images requested by members in the GFX Request thread. I feel this is a little awkward without explanation, but simply put, Fishman is on GFX team and it is a direct part of his role here at XBA. I'm going to go into some detail about this now, so please bear with me.

Don't get me wrong, both Fishman and myself appreciate him being nominated even if he is not awarded. I have been nominated myself and knocked back in the past too, but it was nice to be acknowledged and that is the point I want to make here. If you think someone is deserving of The Helping Hand Award, but think maybe they would be knocked back for one reason or another, by all means nominate them anyway! I'm sure they'll appreciate the nomination in itself, as I know Fishman and I did on those occasions.

To clarify, when staff are awarded The Helping Hand Award, it is for those that have gone above and beyond their staff role at XBA.

I'm going to go into further detail as I'd like to be as transparent on this as possible. Recently I was awarded another tier of The Helping Hand Award. My role among other unrelated duties here is to organise Community Events and participate in or host these events for our members. I was nominated for a rather extended (about 10 hours this time) boosting session for a game I already had the completion in. Is this one of my roles here at XBA? No. Was I going out of my way for a long period of time to help site members? Yes. Now, this certainly doesn't mean I deserve any sort of nomination or award of course, nor do I expect one, but I was nominated and all things considered, I was given the award fairly.

Secondly, it was a 3 person nomination and it was very important to me that Ten Foot Bunny be awarded for her nomination as I know first hand just how often she puts her hand up to help others in games she has already completed and is usually forgotten about when it comes to returning the favour or being nominated for something like this. When I put this forward to The Hoff and our King, they insisted that everyone nominated from that particular gaming session must be awarded or none at all. Personally, I only wanted to award Bunny, as Jack Frost had been awarded for similar before (Even though his efforts in helping others in games he's already completed is truly outstanding) and so had I.

Finally, while TemporalWizard is a moderator here at XBA, it was important for me to understand exactly what his role here at XBA consists of and what is expected of him. After discussing this with staff and coming to an understanding of that, I considered his efforts outside of his role and feel his nomination still stands. I have recently put that forward to The Hoff and our King for the final decision.

In closing, if you have any issues or would like to nominate a member or staff, please do so here or privately! Thank you for reading :)

Separately, a new nomination appears! I'd like to nominate Harry94 for his continued efforts in bringing helpful videos to our site. I'm not just referring to his collectible type videos that he often posts, but more so the tips and videos he posts about XP exploits and other useful glitches, etc that have helped our community over the years. Great work, Harry!

Harry94 for his continued efforts in bringing helpful videos to our site. I'm not just referring to his collectible type videos that he often posts, but more so the tips and videos he posts about XP exploits and other useful glitches, etc that have helped our community over the years.

TemporalWizard for his efforts in creating the Good Deals threads and keeping the The Games with Gold thread up to date.

Calling out from a distance and interrupting The Hoff and our King while they were tightrope walking over a volcano recently, I received a confident nod and agreeing wink on the above helping hand nominations. I'll post the related information in the Awards to be Distributed thread and Harry and Tempy should be seeing their shiny new award the next time awards are being issued :)

Keep up the great work, XBA!

First I would like to nominate Madhatters13 for getting me into all the clubs on the site, second I would like too nominate fvkasm2x for helping to start guide writing Road Map and Walkthrough explanataion and also bLaKgRaVy for continuously looking at every guide I have done so far and helping me in every possible way, I would like to thank them all. :)

Edited by jroller1979

• 2 weeks later...
First I would like to nominate Madhatters13 for getting me into all the clubs on the site, second I would like too nominate fvkasm2x for helping to start guide writing Road Map and Walkthrough explanataion and also bLaKgRaVy for continuously looking at every guide I have done so far and helping me in every possible way, I would like to thank them all. :)

While Madhatters has been very helping in aiding you find your way around site features, etc, he is also a Super Moderator and helping members like this is part of their role here on XBA, just like any other staff member for that matter. So, I'm going to have to deny this nomination and also BlackGravy's, as he is Guide Team and what you've nominated him for is part of his extensive role here also. Finally, fvkasm2x was already nominated by myself and BlackGravy only a short time ago for this same reason and was awarded for his outstanding efforts.

I'm sure the guys will appreciate your nominations and kind thanks, but unfortunately, no awards will be distributed :)

While Madhatters has been very helping in aiding you find your way around site features, etc, he is also a Super Moderator and helping members like this is part of their role here on XBA, just like any other staff member for that matter. So, I'm going to have to deny this nomination and also BlackGravy's, as he is Guide Team and what you've nominated him for is part of his extensive role here also. Finally, fvkasm2x was already nominated by myself and BlackGravy only a short time ago for this same reason and was awarded for his outstanding efforts.

I'm sure the guys will appreciate your nominations and kind thanks, but unfortunately, no awards will be distributed :)

Not a problem buddy I total understand thanks for letting me know.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd like to make a quick nomination for Cal4ban and DEG23's generous game donations for our site giveaways. Much appreciated, chaps :)

I personally think any donation of games is deserving of a Bronze Helping Hand, "hands" down (eh... get it...). It's not really what the award is for but why not recognize the awesomeness of those who donate, right? I gladly back those noms.

giphy.gif

Not a problem buddy I total understand thanks for letting me know.

I really appreciated the nomination, jroller. It's been a pleasure helping you find your way and now seeing how much you do in the community! :D

• 2 weeks later...
I personally think any donation of games is deserving of a Bronze Helping Hand, "hands" down (eh... get it...). It's not really what the award is for but why not recognize the awesomeness of those who donate, right? I gladly back those noms.

giphy.gif

I second that. :D

I really appreciated the nomination, jroller. It's been a pleasure helping you find your way and now seeing how much you do in the community! :D

Pleasures all mine thank you so much for helping.

Edited by Dirty130
Double Post

• 3 weeks later...
I'd like to nominate Lewie B I ReQ and Tussell for their help in the following thread:

https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=684199

I like this nomination. I've only given it a quick glance right now, but will review it with a coffee a little later :)