06) The Helping Hand Nominations Thread

Lavindathar

Mr. Blakgravy has been crushing it around the forums for a long time now, always goes out of his way to help all members with everything from forum navigation to checklists, and is a constant positive presence.

I'd like to nominate him for the first tier since he somehow doesn't have it yet. Staff or no, he does a lot more than his responsibilities list, and I think he's one of the best examples of a positive, encouraging XBA representative.

Couldn't agree more. A damn champion that guy. Let me nudge The Hoff.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Blakgravy has been crushing it around the forums for a long time now, always goes out of his way to help all members with everything from forum navigation to checklists, and is a constant positive presence.

I'd like to nominate him for the first tier since he somehow doesn't have it yet. Staff or no, he does a lot more than his responsibilities list, and I think he's one of the best examples of a positive, encouraging XBA representative.

Right on Floyd.

• 3 weeks later...
Lewie B I ReQ

For being helpful and patient in this thread. https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=718028

That awkward moment when you have to knock back a nomination

Okay, so obviously Lewie is both very helpful and patient but we've already awarded him a tier for similar reasoning and his postings in that thread didn't exactly lead to a sound conclusion (through no fault of Lewie's I'll add).

Please do not let this deter anyone from nominating someone for a Helping Hand Award. All nominations will be considered :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd like to nominate Watty8883 for the Helping Hand award. Despite having already completed all of the Minecraft stacks himself and helped who knows how many others, he volunteered to help me with the 360 version. I'd never played the game, so he literally taught me the controls, how to play, and over the course of 5-6 sessions (despite the 5 hour time zone difference) persevered to help get me the completion. We had lots of problems with achievements, so he used multiple different resources, sought help from friends, etc., all to help me get the completion with no benefit to himself. That man deserves an award!

I'd like to nominate Watty8883 for the Helping Hand award. Despite having already completed all of the Minecraft stacks himself and helped who knows how many others, he volunteered to help me with the 360 version. I'd never played the game, so he literally taught me the controls, how to play, and over the course of 5-6 sessions (despite the 5 hour time zone difference) persevered to help get me the completion. We had lots of problems with achievements, so he used multiple different resources, sought help from friends, etc., all to help me get the completion with no benefit to himself. That man deserves an award!

Sounds good but let me send a pigeon in the direction of the last known whereabouts of the Hoff and make sure he agrees :)

This is a little late, but I’d like to nominate Big Papa Frag for carrying me though the highest difficulty of the campaign for Sniper Elite 4 after he had completed the game. He did pretty much 99% of the work on his own and I greatly appreciate his effort in allowing me to finally complete the game 100%.

This is a little late, but I’d like to nominate Big Papa Frag for carrying me though the highest difficulty of the campaign for Sniper Elite 4 after he had completed the game. He did pretty much 99% of the work on his own and I greatly appreciate his effort in allowing me to finally complete the game 100%.

Make that 2 pigeons then :p

• 2 months later...

I overlooked this one. I would like to nominate Scotty for providing a handful of us with more guns than Borderlands 3's Pandora could possibly even contain. Scotty was feverishly farming offline, day and night, and rather than just leave everything that he didn't want on the ground, he instead brought back many of these items and sent them to us.

I don't mean one or two items each, I mean he asked us specifically what type of weapons we preferred and then sent about 10-20 of each of those weapons to us during his farming period. Not to mention all the shields and grenade mods.

Just to be clear, I'm talkin' Mayhem 3 gear. The gud stuff!

Champion.

I overlooked this one. I would like to nominate Scotty for providing a handful of us with more guns than Borderlands 3's Pandora could possibly even contain. Scotty was feverishly farming offline, day and night, and rather than just leave everything that he didn't want on the ground, he instead brought back many of these items and sent them to us.

I don't mean one or two items each, I mean he asked us specifically what type of weapons we preferred and then sent about 10-20 of each of those weapons to us during his farming period. Not to mention all the shields and grenade mods.

Champion.

Wow. Good lookin out

Champion.

Well deserved. Thanks Scotty!

Champion.

If it wasn’t for Scotty I’d have a bunch of purple level 50 weapons.

I love you scotto!

I'd like to nominate Necro for his baller help with Slaughterstar in BL3. For those who don't know, it's a horde-type game mode where wave after wave of enemies come and glitches all the time, not to mention is pretty tough.

Necro soloed it all, then paused and invited Ed and I to come get the credit with him. It got me the completion and was a kickass friend move.

I'd like to nominate Necro for his baller help with Slaughterstar in BL3. For those who don't know, it's a horde-type game mode where wave after wave of enemies come and glitches all the time, not to mention is pretty tough.

Necro soloed it all, then paused and invited Ed and I to come get the credit with him. It got me the completion and was a kickass friend move.

Literally came to do the same thing.

I second this nomination. Necro completed 99% of the waves, paused it and overcame me almost losing all his progress to help Floyd and myself get this achievement.

Literally came to do the same thing.

I second this nomination. Necro completed 99% of the waves, paused it and overcame me almost losing all his progress to help Floyd and myself get this achievement.

Thanks guys! It was no problem. Probably easier that way than trying to carry Spanish :p