Game is Unplayable on XB1

Aquaman6686

After waiting 2 and a half hours in an online queue, the game instantly boots me out and says there's an "authentication issue". The help section on the DC Universe website is completely useless and comes up blank when I type in the error code the game gave me. Apparently nobody bothered to test this for XB1 before they released it.

Or it could just be the fact it's the day after it released and the servers are overloaded, like what happens the first couple days pretty much every time an MMO goes live.

The same thing happened when DCUO went live on the PS side as well as when EQ (and each expansion), EQ2, Horizons, UO, Vanguard, Neverwinter, AC, AC2, SWG and Matrix Online went live, just give it time.

Edited by BooneIronshield

I already reset the game twice. This time I waited 57 minutes, and after 10 seconds of playing it booted me out with another "authentication issue".

I wonder what it is having trouble authenticating? Maybe try deleting your profile off your console and your local saved data, then resync and try again.

Unplayable? Man this must be the worst FREE2PLAY experience I've ever had in my life. Now I don't mind if they charge for certain things to get better or faster stuff while playing the game BUT even charging BEFORE playing the actual game and putting you into a 35min.-45min. LOGIN QUEUE is handbook written JOKE.

Yup straight uninstalling LMAO. :rofl:

Unplayable? Man this must be the worst FREE2PLAY experience I've ever had in my life. Now I don't mind if they charge for certain things to get better or faster stuff while playing the game BUT even charging BEFORE playing the actual game and putting you into a 35min.-45min. LOGIN QUEUE is handbook written JOKE.

Yup straight uninstalling LMAO. :rofl:

You do not have to pay to play this game at all, it is entirely up to the player whether you spend money or not. That is what Free to Play means.

Longest i have queued is 2 and a half minutes, i havnt had any issues, think its a really good game

Good for you not for me.

You do not have to pay to play this game at all, it is entirely up to the player whether you spend money or not. That is what Free to Play means.

Yeah no shit, you missed the point there man. I was talking about the LOGIN QUEUE ya dig. Never seen such bullshiteri. Don't tell me about free2play games lmao. Been running Neverwinter, Battle Islands and Battle Ages 24/7 without paying real money to buy in-game items and enjoying them way more than what I've experienced in the 1h I tested this game.

DC Universe Online is just the worst, simply to each his own.

Good for you not for me.

Yeah no shit, you missed the point there man. I was talking about the LOGIN QUEUE ya dig. Never seen such bullshiteri. Don't tell me about free2play games lmao. Been running Neverwinter, Battle Islands and Battle Ages 24/7 without paying real money to buy in-game items and enjoying them way more than what I've experienced in the 1h I tested this game.

Yes if you pay then you get in a faster queue or instant login, but you don't have to if you don't want to.

Battle ages and battle islands are just mobile games put on consoles, piss poor games both of them. But yeah like you said each to their own.

Talk about a fucking knee-jerk reaction. Calm down there, bro. The game is five years old. It wouldn't have lasted that long if it was "the worst."

They are increasing the servers dedicated to Xbox One (they posted this on Twitter recently) and I'm sure the game will run better soon. ESO and Neverwinter had the same problems, I tried both the day they launched and it wasn't the best. I actually gave up on trying to get into ESO that day and it was better the next (and that game wasn't even free).

Edited by The Pants Party

Lol standard launch week MMO fare. I bet this opinion changes in the near future.

Lol yeah, you can tell who has never played any MMOs at launch. I don't think I've ever played one at launch and not encountered problems of this sort. The amount of people who try a new game is always greater than they expect. It sucks but it's always mostly resolved within the first few days, maybe a week or so max.

Follow their twitter for updates:

Last night:

"The demand on Xbox One right now is astronomical. We are thrilled, despite that queue time, and will add more hardware as fast as possible."

And then today's maintenance:

"Both US and EU Xbox One servers will have extended downtime tomorrow morning during the regular daily restart window of 4AM PT and 4AM CET. The usual restart time will be extended to about two hours while we add additional hardware that will increase our overall population capacity on both servers.

Even with this increase, we will still expect free players to queue during prime time, and we are still working on acquiring additional hardware to further expand capacity. Thank you for your patience and for participating in our Xbox One Launch."

They are addressing this quickly and being vocal about the issues. Amazing support.

Good for you not for me.

Wow, you must be a gamer that was not born before 1990, try loading a game from cassette, for the best part of an hour, only to have it crash ?

Now you check the cassette, only to try loading it again, and maybe you will have the joy of playing grange hill in 16 shades of green.

What login queue? I watched the FMV, which was cool, then went through the motions of character creation which ended in a pop up window about buying the character for 600? Which then says I don't have any credits. At no point was I able to finish my creation or start any form of game? I thought it was free to play? Do I have to buy 1000 credits from the Xbox Marketplace before I can even play the free to play title?

What login queue? I watched the FMV, which was cool, then went through the motions of character creation which ended in a pop up window about buying the character for 600? Which then says I don't have any credits. At no point was I able to finish my creation or start any form of game? I thought it was free to play? Do I have to buy 1000 credits from the Xbox Marketplace before I can even play the free to play title?

You were trying to access a DLC-related power, such as Light. These cost money. There are plenty of free powers to choose from, such as Nature and Mental.

You were trying to access a DLC-related power, such as Light. These cost money. There are plenty of free powers to choose from, such as Nature and Mental.

Thanks, now made character. I didn't even notice the slight shade difference in the icons and it suffers from the usual lack of instructions or controller map. Not sure if I will play it fully yet as I've just got past playing Neverwinter for 5 months and want to get rid of some non-MMO back stock first. (plus what can I say, I'm more Marvel than DC).

I do find it encouraging that MS has broken away from the "If we ain't got it first we don't want it", maybe there is hope for the likes of No Man's Sky etc.

The queues have definitely improved. I've gone from waiting 35-40 minutes to get in the game to 7-8 minutes. It will only get better as they add more servers.

You are lucky......been waiting about 3 hours now.....I did change my character 1 time & that costed me an hour :( I am now #3374 in the queue.....was about 8000 at the time I started this wait. This is worse than the lines at the DMV

Yup, i completely expected it to crash on day 1 lol As is the case with most MMO's on launch day. Am looking forward to jumping on tonight for a tear

Played it many years ago when it first came out on PS, and loved it. Really fun game, really well made, so I would honestly give it a chance before you give up on it

It's been over a week now and the wait times are still over 2 hours long. If they don't want people to play for free, then don't make it a F2P game. And if they expect us to pony up money, then wtf would I do that when I can't even play the game in the first place. Pissing off players is not a good way to make me want to pay for shit.