Super glitched achievements...

Ok, here's my deal. I have slogged through this damn thing and every achievement I should have earned so far (500gs worth) has not popped. If I check the snap up achievement menu, it says they've all unlocked, business as usual. Going to the Game Hub, 0%/0gs yet it's counted all the times I've finished the prologue, main game, etc. And last, and certainly most frustrating, my total GamerScore hasn't increased a single point. What the absolute hell is going on here? Anyone know?

Side note: in the snap up achievement menu, every achievement that should be unlocked clearly says unlocked. It's not one of those glitches where you unlock it and it says "100% Unlocking..." but never does. It says they are fully unlocked with the little unlock symbol beside it.

I've restarted, power cycled, deleted the local save and reloaded it. I'm completely lost here...

As you might be able to see, most of the threads here are about glitched Achievements. The dev has posted in this forum about it, though it's hard to say whether or not a patch will be released. They say that there is one ready for certification, that there was something wrong with a previous patch and I don't know...I just hope it gets fixed. I'm making a point to warn anyone against buying it, particularly because the dev had the audacity to put the game on sale during the promotion. IF THE GAME CAN GO ON SALE, THEN WHERE THE HELL IS THE PATCH?! YOU ARE SELLING A BROKEN GAME!!!!

I started off calm, but I'm actually really upset now. At the very least, I wish that the dev would be significantly better at posting updates about the process. Then again, with non-responses from big publishers like EA and Ubisoft in the past, at least this person appears to (maybe?) be doing something. So I guess there's that.

As you might be able to see, most of the threads here are about glitched Achievements. The dev has posted in this forum about it, though it's hard to say whether or not a patch will be released. They say that there is one ready for certification, that there was something wrong with a previous patch and I don't know...I just hope it gets fixed. I'm making a point to warn anyone against buying it, particularly because the dev had the audacity to put the game on sale during the promotion. IF THE GAME CAN GO ON SALE, THEN WHERE THE HELL IS THE PATCH?! YOU ARE SELLING A BROKEN GAME!!!!

I started off calm, but I'm actually really upset now. At the very least, I wish that the dev would be significantly better at posting updates about the process. Then again, with non-responses from big publishers like EA and Ubisoft in the past, at least this person appears to (maybe?) be doing something. So I guess there's that.

I did notice that everywhere I went, there were an overwhelming number of people with a few glitched achs but I didn't find anyone who mentioned not being able to unlock a single one of them. Also, I agree 100% that, as a developer, if you're game is broken this bad, it should most definitely not be included in a spotlight sale. That was ultimately the only reason I got it. I had a spare 20 bucks and I had been wanting to play Gone Home for as long as I can remember so I snagged that and TFH.

You are not alone. The same thing happens to me. Check out my post on TA.

At this state, the achievement functionality of this game is completely broken.

EDIT: Just saw the developer's post in another thread claiming the patch is live. Let's see how it goes when I get off from work.

Any chance you could link that thread? I've look on the devs page, his twitter, everything I could think of and I've not seen anything regarding a patch.

I've not got a patch here in the UK, what about anyone else?

I'm going to fire the game up here in about 15 minutes or so and see if anything has changed. I'll update with any new info I find out.

Thanks for the responses, guys! I'm just glad to know it's nothing going wrong on my end. Hopefully this can get fixed soon. I actually enjoyed the playing this so I would hate for ridiculous glitches to wreck my opinion of what would otherwise be a pretty neat little game.

Oohhhhh!!! I thought you were referring to a thread on TA. I misread your post! But thanks for the link!! I just fired up the Xbox and just for safe measure, I am uninstalling and reinstalling before I actually crank up the game!! Here's hoping for good news!!

Oohhhhh!!! I thought you were referring to a thread on TA. I misread your post! But thanks for the link!! I just fired up the Xbox and just for safe measure, I am uninstalling and reinstalling before I actually crank up the game!! Here's hoping for good news!!

My thread on TA is basically me reporting all the glitched achievements in this game. Take a look if you are interested. It's exactly what is happening to you in your first post.

http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=797993

Well, I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Replayed the main game, the quick end to the epilogue (see "Canon" achievement), tried the photo achievement (70 out of 100) and the brothers stories achievement (By Benji). Still sitting painfully at 0/1000gs. I don't know what else to do aside from chalk it up to a wasted three and a half bucks. Damn shame. Thanks to everyone for the replies!! Here's hoping this gets resolved in the future!

You are not alone. The same thing happens to me. Check out my post on TA.

At this state, the achievement functionality of this game is completely broken.

EDIT: Just saw the developer's post in another thread claiming the patch is live. Let's see how it goes when I get off from work.

Can you please post me the link. I am not a fan of TA and prefer this site but I did report the bugs to them and they refused to post a warning that there are glitched achievements in the game.

Can you please post me the link. I am not a fan of TA and prefer this site but I did report the bugs to them and they refused to post a warning that there are glitched achievements in the game.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...=631051&page=2

This was the thread they were talking about. It's right above this one.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...=631051&page=2

This was the thread they were talking about. It's right above this one.

Thanks. I posted there as well.

I reported these buggy achievs to TA months ago, linked them to twitter messages from gamers and these threads on x360a yet they chose not to issue any warning on their achievement list.

Many of you guys would have been saved some grief and frustration had they have done so.

Thanks. I posted there as well.

I reported these buggy achievs to TA months ago, linked them to twitter messages from gamers and these threads on x360a yet they chose not to issue any warning on their achievement list.

Many of you guys would have been saved some grief and frustration had they have done so.

Yes. I saw what you reported back then. And the 3 achievements were labeled as buggy, so TA did do their part. Nevertheless, most people were still able to finish this game despite the buggy nature of the achievements.

Now the problem is that all of a sudden, all the achievements stopped working for everyone on 5/9/16. I can't believe how this could have happened.

Still glitches as of 20th May 2016 unfortunately.

Played this last night with the achievements app snapped and they seemed to be registering but not getting an on screen pop up. Then once you exit the app or look in full screen, zero achievements unlocked.

A shame as it was a nice little game and I feel a bit cheated, especially as my progress scores are all there...

Still glitches as of 20th May 2016 unfortunately.

Played this last night with the achievements app snapped and they seemed to be registering but not getting an on screen pop up. Then once you exit the app or look in full screen, zero achievements unlocked.

A shame as it was a nice little game and I feel a bit cheated, especially as my progress scores are all there...

Thanks for the update. I was contemplating reinstalling it tonight after I got done with Fallout just to see if the patch had come out or if there were any improvements at all but you just saved me the hassle!!

And you're right. It was a really neat little game and it's a damn shame the entire thing is just broken the way it is.

• 6 months later...

UPDATE: As of Nov, 27 2016 all of the achievements seem to be functioning. I had uninstalled the game months ago (not long after my original post here) and ultimately written it off as a wasted few bucks. About a week ago I was in a raid on Destiny and 575 points worth of TFH achievements popped in the middle of it. After that and noticing a friend playing it a few days ago who had fully completed it, spurred me to reinstall and mop up what I had left. I have finally been able to achieve the entire 1000 points and can now uninstall this 5 dollar glitch fest be done with it completely.

• 3 weeks later...