GFWL Marketplace Is Working Now?

AmyGrrl

The GFWL Marketplace has not worked for a long long time. It would always fail to update purchases. Every few months I would log into the Marketplace to see if had been fixed. Nope... failed to update purchases. Then today I tried it and it started updating my purchases. I was finally able to download my DLC for Fable III and DLC for other games. Feeling kind of happy Microsoft finally cared enough to fix it.

Someone felt the need to message me on XBOX about this. Yes I already know you can only download stuff you had purchased. However if you reinstalled Windows or was using a different computer and installed the GFWL Client. The Marketplace would always fail to update your purchases. So you could never download the stuff you had purchased. The Marketplace was broken for a very long time. Today when I checked. It was all working again. It finally updated my purchases and let me download content I had purchased.

Edited by AmyGrrl

• 1 month later...

I don't believe so, it would just launch the GFWL marketplace.

They sold a bunch of keys for it on Steam a few years ago, then they couldn't fill all the purchases and everyone got super pissed. With Lionhead being shut down, there's no possibly way we can do it now that I know of. Does content sharing work on GFWL? Like if someone else's profile who owns the content is on your system, you could download it and get access on your main profile?

I don't believe so, it would just launch the GFWL marketplace.

They sold a bunch of keys for it on Steam a few years ago, then they couldn't fill all the purchases and everyone got super pissed. With Lionhead being shut down, there's no possibly way we can do it now that I know of. Does content sharing work on GFWL? Like if someone else's profile who owns the content is on your system, you could download it and get access on your main profile?

I THINK that works, because I believe someone on here or TA I talked to a while back used a method like that to obtain DLC for BioShock 2 on GFWL. But I'm not entirely sure as I have never done it myself. If I signed into GFWL on my PC with one of my backup accounts or my brothers account and that tag could play my games I would assume it would work the same way for content sharing as long as you can find someone willing to share their tag for the download.

You can not make fable 3 purchases in game. There is a "store" but you can't go through with any purchases. Same with other games with "stores". Bulletstorm for example has a store in it's menu....it gives you the DLC and the price, but you can't make the purchase (Same w Fable 3, except it's in game)