The Official Overwatch Bitching Thread

This game needs one... and here i'll start.

Everyone wants to be McCree or Reaper, no-one wants pick a healer or tank, so you are doomed to lose. Simple.

I'm yelled at for not been a tank because I'm healing, then I'm yelled at for not healing because I'm tanking. I call for both and people yell even more saying I should pick it, even though I already have.

No wonder I see people run in solo and die versus a team that can coordinate better than their tiny brain can even handle.

/rant over

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about all the turrets? its just getting a little to much

got to hate turret campers.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/overwatch-characterdesigns-arnoldtsang-09-200x200.jpg01dec9f9cdc7f9e8686ca21100a88374.jpg

Take 2 of these and call me in the morning if problems persist. Genji's deflect is another option. More stylish and satisfying too.

I got one

USE YOUR GOD DAMN MICROPHONE

I dont care if its a Kinect mic. TALK

Party Chat killed this game...

Lol, when in a party of four or whatever, the last thing I want is to be interrupted by kids saying homophobic, racist, whatever stuff. I don't even attempt game chat anymore.

I got one

USE YOUR GOD DAMN MICROPHONE

I dont care if its a Kinect mic. TALK

Party Chat killed this game...

Amen to this. I'm always the only one talking. I'm about to sell this game because it's so frustrating. Everyone has a mic in CoD, but not this. So annoying.

You can tell who the kids & casual gamers are. Picking dumb, nonsensical classes. Going after the wrong class. I.e. Healer taking on a tank... Etc. this isn't a simple shooter people. Smh :wall:

I expect game chat to be used even less frequently in competitive. The percentage of full or near full groups using XBL chat will likely be even higher.

And before you say "groups should just use game chat," be aware that it is common place in competitive PC shooters for teams to use a third party chat program instead of in game chat options. Part of that is hold over from the days when games didn't have voice chat and part of that is paranoia about chat security. It also allows for coaches, strategists and others to be in party without being in game. I'm not sure the Xbox will be much different.

Edited by bigbear.

Anyone noticed a time penalty for leaving games when they are finished?

Say that I play a game then leave and try to join a new one i always get a total serach time of 1:06 minutes even if it says "recommended" time 0:06 minutes.

Also this might not be bitching and I dont know if its actually like this, but it would be nice if the account was cross platform. So if I play on xbox and then decide to buy it on pc i will still have my lvls/unlocks etc =)

Ok, so you think it is completely unbalanced and really not good value for money.

Don't put yourself through the pain anymore. Trade it in and play something that makes you smile. Unless you just like to moan and bitch for the sake of it without giving any credible reasons to back up your claims.

In that case go all in! I suggest your next comment be along the lines of 'the worst gaming experience since Superman 64' but I'll leave it to you.

Ok, so you think it is completely unbalanced and really not good value for money.

Don't put yourself through the pain anymore. Trade it in and play something that makes you smile. Unless you just like to moan and bitch for the sake of it without giving any credible reasons to back up your claims.

In that case go all in! I suggest your next comment be along the lines of 'the worst gaming experience since Superman 64' but I'll leave it to you.

No credible reasons why it was nowhere near the worth of a $60 price tag???

The only "depth" in Overwatch is character customization, that's it. 4 game modes, 12 maps and 21 characters doesn't justify $60 for this game.

Ultimately, the extremely limited amount of content, in a game that is strictly Player-vs-Player, is reason enough to make it not worth $60. So until you can actually give a credible reason as to what justifies the $60 price tag, shut the fuck up.

BTW, in case you forgot, this is the official Overwatch bitching thread so I'll bitch about it all I damn well please.

No credible reasons why it was nowhere near the worth of a $60 price tag???

The only "depth" in Overwatch is character customization, that's it. 4 game modes, 12 maps and 21 characters doesn't justify $60 for this game.

Ultimately, the extremely limited amount of content, in a game that is strictly Player-vs-Player, is reason enough to make it not worth $60. So until you can actually give a credible reason as to what justifies the $60 price tag, shut the fuck up.

BTW, in case you forgot, this is the official Overwatch bitching thread so I'll bitch about it all I damn well please.

You are quite right that this is the bitching thread and I'm glad to see some more of your thinking. Let me take you through some of mine as I've never seen the benefit of just 'bitching'. Healthy critique and debate is so much better.

I've just completed Uncharted 4, absolutely awesome game and never once did I think it did not justify its price tag. However I, like most players, wouldn't touch the multiplayer so I got 16 hours out of it.

Never have reviewers said it is not worth the money though, however multiplayer only games get stuck with this criticism constantly. I never see the logic in that as I will be playing Overwatch for dozens upon dozens of hours.

Basically Uncharted gave me enjoyment at £2.50 an hour whereas Overwatch will give me enjoyment at 40p an hour. That is working at conservatively 100 hours of gameplay.

You also say that the only depth in the game is character customisation. You have either not played it or playing it wrong as each character is a triumph of design and each have their own nuances and quirks. To get 21 characters in a game that are totally different and still work well is a great achievement. The depth also comes with knowing when to switch, who to switch to and completely change the course of the game. Additionally the whole lore and world has been wonderfully introduced and you can actually get a lot of good info in the spawn rooms.

Lastly, Overwatch will be supported for years to come. The game will be enlarged, enhanced and cared for the foreseeable future. Blizzard have already stated that extra modes, maps and heroes will be free. Granted it would be nice to have more right now but we would be overloaded. Currently each mode, map and hero needs thought and attention so in this case, to begin with, less is definitely more.

Guest Chibiuk

Just started playing it yesterday, only two gripes and I will make the boring comparison to Team Fortress2 with these.

1: torbjorn turret range is ridiculous, considering the maps don't have a lot of open ground ( so far I have seen ) but this is only a minor gripe but is a major gripe when it comes to

2: Limit how many characters can be used by a team.

Me and 5 friends, many of which know what they are doing on this got shut up by 5 people playing as Torbjorn and a reindhart because the court yard was impossible to enter with 5 turrets around the area.

Havent used many of the characters yet, hoping to find some I really like using to fit my playstyle. I did very well with Engineer and demoman on TF2 and on this I like pharah and Tracer and Mercy so far. A lot of fun!

Also how bloody boring is Soldier76 compared to everyone else, just some bloke with a machine gun!