Deals with Gold [SUMMER SALE] July 5, 2016 - July 11, 2016

BiggD

I'm probably gonna have to pick up Just Cause 3 for £18. I planned to play it around when I started Mad Max but this is a pretty good price!

For the time being ended up buying Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell (360) for £3! Always wanted to stack that one lol.

Edited by Barad

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Just Cause 3 any good? Is the Season Pass covered for current and future DLC achievements?

Yes, especially for the game+pass bundle. It covers the 2 already out and 1 more to be released. I guess they could release more after but I doubt they will.

I'm probably gonna have to pick up Just Cause 3 for £18. I planned to play it around when I started Mad Max but this is a pretty good price!

You can get it with the pass for another £8 ya know, thats all 3 dlcs for less than the price it costs for one of them.

Yes, especially for the game+pass bundle. It covers the 2 already out and 1 more to be released. I guess they could release more after but I doubt they will.

I'm glad you mentioned this. I didn't realize the XL Edition came with the Pass. Only $34 for the bundle, which is nice compared to buying them separately. Get to save $7.

Two follow up questions if you see this: How is the game's performance? Heard it was pretty bad at launch. Is the completion for vanilla game + the currently released DLC tough, or just time consuming/grindy?

I'm glad you mentioned this. I didn't realize the XL Edition came with the Pass. Only $34 for the bundle, which is nice compared to buying them separately. Get to save $7.

Two follow up questions if you see this: How is the game's performance? Heard it was pretty bad at launch. Is the completion for vanilla game + the currently released DLC tough, or just time consuming/grindy?

It was fine for me but not for some as you've heard, I know it was patched but I haven't looked into if the performance improved for those that had issues. Just time consuming mostly, toughest things are the challenges specifically a handful of the wingsuit challenges but they're not that bad after some practice.

It's funny that they refuse to put Xbox One DLC on sale (except Just Cause apparently?), but the GOTY edition of Dragon Age is on sale for $16. Buying the three DLCs with achievements would cost $45, doesn't come with the game or the other little extras. Haha.

I'll be buying that even though I already own the game. Probably going to grab LOTR: War in the North in the hopes it comes to BC. And maybe all the Mass Effect DLC.

It's funny that they refuse to put Xbox One DLC on sale (except Just Cause apparently?), but the GOTY edition of Dragon Age is on sale for $16. Buying the three DLCs with achievements would cost $45, doesn't come with the game or the other little extras. Haha.

That's a good idea. I kind of overlooked it because I already own the base game but it's good value for the DLC:p

It was fine for me but not for some as you've heard, I know it was patched but I haven't looked into if the performance improved for those that had issues. Just time consuming mostly, toughest things are the challenges specifically a handful of the wingsuit challenges but they're not that bad after some practice.

Thanks for the response, bud. Might look into it, but not sure if I'm going to commit to it just yet.

Hey, looks like Xenoverse's Season Pass is actually on sale by itself. Pity that the same can't be said for The Witcher.

Will never happen according to CDPR.

Not going to lie, i'm sat here refreshing the xbox one price drop website to see if any of the prices have changed yet. Really want to get my hands on some cheap games!

Hurry up tomorrow!

Nothing wrong with that! :) That's what I should have been doing earlier too lol. :D But at least they're live now, yayyy! :dance:

Haha oh well mistakes happen. At least you will get bang for your buck with dark souls

Yeah I couldn't even be mad, it was just too funny because it was my own fault for going straight to the sale list and not reading the rest lol. And then not even looking to see how much the games were before I started buying them lol. :p But now I'm about to have all 3 of the Dark Souls games, so I can set aside about 6 months of my gaming life to get 100% in this series, haha!! :biglaugh

Sales are live....

Yes, can confirm. The Summer Sale is now live, all!

Wooo hooooo! Time to buy the rest of my games now lol. :francis: :D

Looks like DOTW is live as well, mixed in with the sales. I just got Mars: War Logs for $2.49 and it just went backward compatible last week. :)

Debating Realms of Ancient War, but it's not BC, so there's a much smaller chance I'll play. Like, nearly zero, haha. Probably gonna pass on LOTR for the same reason now that I think about it.

I've been saving my Bing Rewards money

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that does this :)

Picked up:

Red Dead Redemption (since it was only $7.49 and will hopefully go BC based on the previous leak of BC testing, and can get rid of my disc)

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Oxenfree

Dark Souls 2

If I didn't already have it I'd get the Flame in the Flood, nice to see it on sale.

Great bundle. Not sure if you played them on the Xbox 360, or their individual Redux versions, but Metro Redux remains my second favorite game on the Xbox One still :)

Nope, haven't played them yet. I got the 360 versions when they were GwG but I heard the XB1 versions are much better. I actually looked into buying the disc version a week ago but heard that there are some hiccups that aren't present in the digital version. $7.50 for two games, you can't go wrong.

Nope, haven't played them yet. I got the 360 versions when they were GwG but I heard the XB1 versions are much better. I actually looked into buying the disc version a week ago but heard that there are some hiccups that aren't present in the digital version. $7.50 for two games, you can't go wrong.

The Metro Redux games on the X1 are sooooo good, Gravy! :) I had stacked Last Light Redux, but not 2033 Redux. So I just grabbed it for $5 to take some corrective action on this tragic mistake of mine lol. :biglaugh :dance:

I also just caught the SMITE Ultimate God Pack Bundle for $20, so I just grabbed that as well. I wound up getting 7 good deals from this sale, so I'm happy! :)

Should have added Season Passes. I already bought so many digital games that I have most of them and of the few that interested me, the prices were lousy.

On a side note, weren't ALL the W10 games supposed to be on sale? I remember M.Nelson specifically mention Rise of Tomb Raider yet that's the only one at full price

I wonder why they don't put DLC on sale anymore for Xbox One? I know they'd be getting more sales from me if they did that.

I was also hoping the first Banner Saga would go on sale during this :p

While I'm not seeing anything that screams out "Purchase!" to me, there is plenty for me to pick and choose from. I'm going to try and narrow my list down, but here are my current picks.

~One

Dying Light The Following

Evolve Ultimate Edition

Far Cry Primal

Just Cause XL Edition

Layers of Fear

Ori and The Blind Forest

Plague Inc: Evolved

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Track Mania Turbo

~360

L4D2

Red Dead Redemption

~Special Note

Everyone should pick up King of Fighters '98 as it's rarely on sale.

I narrowed my list down and picked up:

~One

Just Cause 3 XL Edition

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

Plaque Inc: Evolved

Zombi

~360

Left4Dead B/C

Left4Dead 2 B/C

Red Dead Redemption B/C

Lack of Season Passes aside, I'm pretty happy with my purchases and rate the sale 7/10.

Bought the Season Pass for Just Cause 3.

The big want for me though is actually ARK: Survival Evolved. My only issue is with it still not been the full release. I probably won't play it until it leaves the preview program, and is updated with achievements, but last I heard that was meant to happen last month, and well, it didn't. So now I'm stuck with this urge to pick it up before it goes back to full price, but also with the lingering doubt on if it'll ever actually leave the preview program.

I'm also tempted by a few other games:

Unravel

Deadpool

Mortal Kombat XL

Watch Dogs

Mirrors Edge: Catalyst

DOOM

I was also hoping the first Banner Saga would go on sale during this :p

It is! Only 25% off, but $15 is better than $20!

Out of the stuff I've already played and love, I'd suggest anyone buy that, Oxenfree, Ori and the Blind Forest, and Life is Strange. Probably some others, but those four are my favorite smaller games in the sale.