Pacifist

So i got the Pacifist and Foxiest of Hounds achievements in Human Rev, you were allowed to kill bosses, however looking at the description this time around im not sure you can. At least that's how im reading it.

"You completed Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ without killing a single soul. Bosses are people, too."

Am i reading this right?

Hopefully there wont be a boss that you hate so much you just have to kill them... though I guess if there is, that's what saved games and multiple playthroughs are for.

Speaking of not giving in to a killing rage, I check at 11:30 pm and there are no updates for the game. but come midnight and there's one for 2.59 GB.

This is where unlimited but cheap internet bites you in the ass.

For anyone who completed this already, is it okay if an AI kills an AI that you're supposed to handle?

potential spoiler below

[spoiler=test]I'm in the middle of side mission SM01 (Golden Ticket) and an AI kills a named AI that I'm supposed to deal with. Is that ok, since it wasn't directly by my hand? Or should I reload and find another solution?

For anyone who completed this already, is it okay if an AI kills an AI that you're supposed to handle?

potential spoiler below

[spoiler=test]I'm in the middle of side mission SM01 (Golden Ticket) and an AI kills a named AI that I'm supposed to deal with. Is that ok, since it wasn't directly by my hand? Or should I reload and find another solution?

I believe NPC's are allowed to kill each other, if not pretty much everyone would be screwed out of the achievement by the battle at the end of the first mission.

I let the NPC your talking about die in my game, and I'm quite confident that didn't screw me out of the achievement, though I guess I could be wrong.

I'm more worried (though I think I'm safe) that saving my game, killing a bigot cop who is harassing me, and then reloading my save might screw me over.

Edited by SpinelesS

• 3 months later...