Eden Tower Boss Help!

leprekon

I'm having trouble getting anywhere fighting Victor. I've watched videos but I get killed pretty much when I get hit with fire or the Yellow balls. I try to dodge out of the way but not much luck. I've struggled at a few bosses but I was able to beat them after several attempts. Should I just go back and max out as much of my health and core bots and my rifle (which I have no idea how it's upgraded). I'm at level 17 I believe and my bots I have been upgrading when I can. Any tips would be appreciated.

Maybe get a few levels if your that low (your gun upgrades just like your cores, by killing stuff) but if you want to try here's a few tips:

Don't try to dodge the yellow balls, take your finger off the left trigger and manually shoot them before they hit you.

Use full charged shots, jumping and dodging while it charges. Not sure if they stun Victor or not, but they stun everything else for a few seconds, and often take out nearby corebytes (those that can be destroyed by your gun)

Get your cores to do lethal attacks when your trying to extract the Victor's core.

Edited by SpinelesS

This is a solution from True Achievements, he helped me.

"Pretty straight forward. You are locked in an arena bubble so you need to keep moving.

He is going to switch a lot between red and yellow so be ready to switch your rifle mode.

Also, you will need to be ready with http://static.trueachievements.com/images/controllerbuttons/Xbox%20One/cn_RS.png to fire your grapple when he is about to shoot off his ults. He will bend down slightly before he does this so hit him quickly when he does with your grapple.

After a few hits and damage to his health, Victor will switch it up with a glass shard blast. As he does this he calls three minions. The trick here is that he calls three different coloured minions and the glass shard blast makes you colour blind. So catch what colour the minions were and focus on taking them out. Victor is in a bubble while doing this bit so don't worry about him.

Once the last minion is destroyed focus your rifle and Mack's ult (http://static.trueachievements.com/images/controllerbuttons/Xbox%20One/cn_Y.png) on Victor. You'll get plenty of damage done before he starts moving again.

Rinse and repeat and you should have Victor defeated in a couple of these glass shard blast events.

I use FL-1R with Mack Core as he had most damage for attack and Victor was dealt with pretty quick using Mack's ult (http://static.trueachievements.com/images/controllerbuttons/Xbox%20One/cn_Y.png).

Remember, keep moving and interrupt Victor's ults with the grapple and you'll do this with no problem."

All good advice.

I'd say grinding up several levels is going to make it a lot easier.

I went into the last fight with everyone at Level 30 and I know I personally couldn't have beaten him even 3 or 4 levels less.

I used Duncan and Seth. Duncan is an absolute brute when you level him up and give him a high level frame.

I was lucky and got an "Instant Extract" on Victor at the end of the fight, which made the extraction easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Genuinely not had much of a problem with him.

Got stuck a lot more on every one of the 'floors' than I did with Victor. My biggest issue was I killed him dead twice and that meant I didn't extract the core.

I found he has far less flying things than the 'floor' battles, much more room to dodge and less enemies to fight.

I just stayed away and anytime he charged me used to a charge shot to get some distance. On the whole unless he's red type he does basically nothing up close anyway. Just keep backtracking and firing. Use your bots to slap and special on the couple other rogue ones.

I finished this at level 23 with a couple bots leveling to 24 during the fight. I used Seth and Duncan as their correct bots for this fight too.

• 2 weeks later...

I found that constantly keeping on the move was key to beating Victor and making sure to dodge all of his attacks. Keep chipping away at his health by matching his colours and sending in your bot with :ybut:. My bot went down into the revive state a fair few times and for the most part I just waited until he got back up naturally, as if you risk going in to revive manually you're at risk of getting pinned down by constant attacks.

The blue glass shards that Victor sends out (the ones that make you colour-blind) can be jumped over, but if you don't manage it, be sure to keep an eye out for how much health your shots are taking off, then switching up your colour until you find the most effective one.