Hardware Pickups?

leprekon

I don't know if mines glitched or not but I'm at 84% in Lonely Basin (it does move) and if I read correctly it goes up 1% every 3 pickups then I have no idea where I'd be missing like 50 hardware pickups. Is there any in the dungeons? I have looked all over and having no luck.

Edited by leprekon

Dungeons don't count. have you got the flier yet? there is a bunch of hardware that is only reachable once you have it.

If you do have it and have collected all that hardware, then either it glitched or your really terrible at finding hardware.

I think I'm really terrible but I found all The Cradle including the Quicksand Rally area. I am on The Shifting Sands but have a bunch there left. Where is the area with the flier that I might have missed. How many are actually in Lonely Basin has anyone kept track?

I think I'm really terrible but I found all The Cradle including the Quicksand Rally area. I am on The Shifting Sands but have a bunch there left. Where is the area with the flier that I might have missed. How many are actually in Lonely Basin has anyone kept track?

There are a lot in the area SpinelesS mentions. It's the South East area.

You have to use the FL-1R on the air vents to get over there. There are several on the columns that have the air vents as well.

There is also a health upgrade over there as well.

Missing 1%. Running around in the area for hours now. F* them and their shitty game. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to make collectibles grey in a grey world. And then make an achievement for fining all this crap. It's not even good stuff in those things. Grrrrr:mad: Worst game of 2016 so far.

Just post your last/hard to find pick ups!

Found the last pick up in the lonley basin (credits goes to BRit wtfdotcom) it's a really hard one. Go to the entrance leading to the first area. The pick up is loacted high up on the cliff due south of the gap between the first and second of the three parts of the broken walkway. I had to climb the rock pillar east of the entrance and jump around the corner.

Found the last pick up in the lonley basin (credits goes to BRit wtfdotcom) it's a really hard one. Go to the entrance leading to the first area. The pick up is loacted high up on the cliff due south of the gap between the first and second of the three parts of the broken walkway. I had to climb the rock pillar east of the entrance and jump around the corner.

Unfortunately not the one I need :think:

From my posts in the Bitching Thread:

Lonely Basin:

I found one on my second playthrough that I missed on my first, and maybe you did to. When entering from your crawler hug the right wall and look up. a little ways before the cliff area you float across is a pickup that's pretty high up.

Everything else is pretty much in plain sight, on top of mountains, buildings, platforms and walls except for the repository blitz area. there's a few here you have to fall down the hole in the ringed platforms to get, some on nearby cliffs and one on the nearby wall you need to use the blue refresher portals to reach.

The one I missed on my first playthrough: on the roof of the building near the archway under the mountain where you needed power corebytes to unlock a prismatic core.

Cradle:

By getting enough height on a nearby mountain and using a flier you can get to an area in the mud covered north that has a bunch of hardware that adds to your count but isn't needed. I got 3 here and got the achievement but later found the three I was missing in the proper area so if you want to do it legit it is possible.

The very first building you climb up with Seth has alcoves to the north and south you need to fall down to reach. chests, hardware, and a health pickup can be found here.

To the south of the entrance to the core foundry is a small tunnel with a easy to miss hardware.

Shifting Sands:

There is quite a bit of hardware pickups hanging off the edge of the cliff around the outside of the area

In the starting area is two gas vents you can use to glide up to an area with two high level apes, and a power corebyte to unlock one of the dungeons. From there you need to Glide to the cliff in the northern part of the main area of shifting sands for some otherwise unreachable hardware.

In the Main area of shifting sands, hugging the western wall you will come across what looks like a sunken door. Just south of this, high up is a hardware. you need to climb up a little ways north of the door and work your way around, being careful of the radiation (I had to sprint through a section of it at one point).

I don't know why I always missed these ones, but there is a small cave at the base of the cliff the Coliseum is on that contains a few hardware pickups. (look at the cliff from a distance as well as its easy to miss some on it as well)

Another easy to miss Hardware for shifting sands: That broken bridge at the start has 2 underneath it. The obvious one on the little beam, and a second under the platform you can get to via the side.

EDIT: Felt I might need to explain this a little better. If your coming from the entrance from the cradle your on the south side of the broken bridge and you can see a hardware on the beam under the north side of the bridge. If you then cross to the northern side and go to the eastern (right) side of the platform and there will be a gap in the sand where you can get under the platform. a hardware is in here. Also look towards the mountain to the north west, it has hardware that is easier to see from here than it is when your on top of it.

My Last shifting sands hardware: 1 right at entrance from cradle, 1 in plain sight near Duncan's Crawler

Edited by SpinelesS

I'm confused lol where exactly is this? First area as in Granite Steps?

Edit: found it but my tracker didn't move after grabbing it. Nvm needed to restart game for it to update. Now I need 3 I think

Edited by leprekon

I'm confused lol where exactly is this? First area as in Granite Steps?

Edit: found it but my tracker didn't move after grabbing it. Nvm needed to restart game for it to update. Now I need 3 I think

if you have checked all the places mentioned in my post you might want to try the platforms in the north west with the blue refresher portals near where you open the large door to progress to the Cradle. That's where Tassie Tiger found their last hardware.

The one I missed on my first playthrough: on the roof of the building near the archway under the mountain where you needed power corebytes to unlock a prismatic core.

Where exactly is this? The blue refreshers I have gotten. Seems like I'm going in circles lol

The Archway:

Lonely001.png

Location on Map:

Lonely002.png

The Building: You can't see it in this picture, but it's there...

Lonely003.png

The Hardware:

Lonely004.png

As you can see in the picture of the building, it doesn't appear unless your pretty close to it. Infact, at one point I was screwing around to see how close I could get to it before it became visible by floating towards it with the flier and it didn't appear at all.

Edited by SpinelesS

The Archway:

Lonely001.png

Location on Map:

Lonely002.png

The Building: You can't see it in this picture, but it's there...

Lonely003.png

The Hardware:

Lonely004.png

As you can see in the picture of the building, it doesn't appear unless your pretty close to it. Infact, at one point I was screwing around to see how close I could get to it before it became visible by floating towards it with the flier and it didn't appear at all.

Thanks but I already got that one

I'm still on 99% annoyingly!

Been around the lonely basin several times now, just can't find it.

Any ideas (and pics )?

You may have it and it's just slow to unlock.

I've been stuck on 99% for Shifting Sands for a week.

I loaded the game up after the patch yesterday and no luck. Still stuck on 99%.

The same last night and this morning.

I just loaded it up to have one last go at searching and it popped.

I found my last piece many days ago.

I only really started collecting them a few days ago and percentage kept going up so still think I'm missing one

Any idea Tassie where my last 3 could be? Just hit 99% after the one on that rock in Lonely Basin.

Any idea Tassie where my last 3 could be? Just hit 99% after the one on that rock in Lonely Basin.

I can't think of any hard to find pickups that haven't been mentioned already.

I think I just got lucky and found the harder ones in Lonely Sands while I was just grinding early on and not worrying too much about collectibles, except for the chests and cores.

When I did start looking for my last few %, I'd find obvious ones I missed around the buildings in the centre or on the side of a hill that's I'd gone past dozens of times.