student of history achievement glitched.

xN1GHT SH4D0Wx

Is anyone actually confirmed to have the achievement? I got all 8 today, attuned them and equipped them on all three characters, still nothing. No one on trueach has it and it has 0% on Xbox.

Only thing I can think of is that there are more that haven't been revealed. The record book says "all 8" but the achievement doesn't specify a number. Also the monument room has 4 other altars without an Iron Lord statute.

Is anyone actually confirmed to have the achievement? I got all 8 today, attuned them and equipped them on all three characters, still nothing. No one on trueach has it and it has 0% on Xbox.

Only thing I can think of is that there are more that haven't been revealed. The record book says "all 8" but the achievement doesn't specify a number. Also the monument room has 4 other altars without an Iron Lord statute.

224 people have unlocked it on TA.

224 people have unlocked it on TA.

Woops, stand corrected.

Some are theorizing that if you complete the entry in the record book BEFORE actually attuning them in the room is what causes the glitch. Fairly certain I did that. Just have to wait for Bungie to fix.

Edited by RecyclopsCXVII

Woops, stand corrected.

Some are theorizing that if you complete the entry in the record book BEFORE actually attuning them in the room is what causes the glitch. Fairly certain I did that. Just have to wait for Bungie to fix.

doesn't the book entry pop first anyway? At least I think mine did. I will try some more tricks later but currently this is glitched for me as well.

doesn't the book entry pop first anyway? At least I think mine did. I will try some more tricks later but currently this is glitched for me as well.

I think it "pops" in the sense that there's a notification, but you have to click on the actual bubble to "fill it in" and count towards the book total. Whether that has anything to do with the achievement is beyond me.

Glitched for me as well:

- Attuned all 8 on my "main"

- Got the emblem

- Checked the book goal afterward

- Did the "Change Profile" trick

- No achievement

- Went to a second character, attuned all 8

- No achievement

Nothing I can do, Bungie will have to patch this. Someone I know got the achievement just fine doing those exact steps. So I must have done something that screws up the achievement.

I got this to pop for me yesterday but I did not get an onscreen notification on my xbox that it unlocked.

Befor claiming the eight artifact I made sure to have all seven other fire lit on my titan but all the artifacts were not in my titan's inventory. Then after claiming and lighting the fire I got a notification on my windows 10 laptop that I unlocked the achievment.

Mine recently popped the other day after the game hard froze for a few minutes when we finished the raid. The guys were trying to glitch through the lazers and it crashed. When it fixed itself, this popped. Now I did the Iron Song achievement, and that didnt pop. The "trick" hasn't worked since a few console updates ago. And yes, I know we did it right because the other two in my party had it pop.

I have a feeling if it glitched on anyone, you'll need to wait for a patch. Some people got lucky and had no issues, others weren't lucky.

They posted in the last patch notes that they were aware of the issue and looking into it. They have not said anything since.

I have a feeling if it glitched on anyone, you'll need to wait for a patch. Some people got lucky and had no issues, others weren't lucky.

They posted in the last patch notes that they were aware of the issue and looking into it. They have not said anything since.

I had started using 2 characters before it was found out that it was glitched. I just made sure that my main that had all the artifacts was the one to go through the whole quest for the last one and not make my last one a transferred artifact from another character.

Anybody got an update? If you didn't have cheevo then got it, what did you do to unlock it? I've tried everything possible and still hasn't unlocked.

You could try deleting a character and getting it leveled up enough to be able to attune all the artifacts, but unfortunately you are stuck.

I am in the same boat, and I really do not want to delete a character I have hundreds of hours on -- if that will even fix the achievement.

Just wait for some kind of patch.

• 2 weeks later...