INSANE co-op Act 1.4 HELP!

kingofkings dfa

So we've been trying to get past this since Saturday and we keep getting stuck on the same bit where the to guardians come at ya, anyone have a clue at getting past this part as its getting annoying now. We usually camp at the top hiding behind shit then making a run for the ammo when low but can't get past them and there's no check point! Any hep would be appreciated.

Are you talking about the bit when you are defending the village at the end of the second wave? Where 1 guardian spawns followed by 2 more when you kill it? I'm also stuck at that same part! If anyone could give any tips on how to survive that would be great thanks!

If you guys are playing coop and are ready to play this chapter twice, select chapter from the main menu so your coop partner can select difficulty at the beginning of the chapter, let him select normal or even casual, you'll still be in insane, that'll make things a lot easier.

Edited by General Valtiel

So we've been trying to get past this since Saturday and we keep getting stuck on the same bit where the to guardians come at ya, anyone have a clue at getting past this part as its getting annoying now. We usually camp at the top hiding behind shit then making a run for the ammo when low but can't get past them and there's no check point! Any hep would be appreciated.

Here's what a buddy and I did:

• Make sure, if you have turrets set up, they survive until the guardians.
  • Hide way back at the top near the door. The entrance way should have two corners, one right and left, that you can hide in to keep the rockets from hitting you.
  • If you run for ammo, make absolutely certain a guardian isn't looking at you
  • Get lucky. Seriously. My buddy and I tried about 15 times one night with no luck. The next day, we loaded it up and got it on the first try. It really can be just a matter of luck sometimes.

Sadly, this is all about trial and error. Tweak and improve.

By the time my mate and I had done this we had 10 hours on our played :(

The "One-Guy-Dies-You-Both-Restart" mentality of Halo 2 is a brutal mistress, but maybe they had that on 3 too.. i never did 3 on coop.

As stated previously, we also had 2 turrets alive. We had one each side of the statue with a spike strip a bit in front (not so close as the balls blow up the turret when caught) then it's just all about 'Get lucky'.

Our successful run was when it all went to pot. One of the Guardians charged us so it was over our heads, we had to leg it into the fields and hide behind the hay they spawn at. Then we got lucky and found a mulcher on the floor from one of the big guys, made short work of the snipers.

If you can avoid the cheese of Insane+Casual coop, it's a lot more rewarding. But we got so close to doing that too.

Theres some good tips in here. I would like to add trading weapons with your AI teammates. Pick up any heavy weapon (boom, snipe, overkill, embar, etc...) and make sure to swap their gnasher as they rarely use it. They will most likely use the weapon that deals the most damage and they also have unlimited ammo so... every little bit helps!

I didnt really have any issues in this section when i was doing an insane solo run. i'm progressing my way through act 3 right now.

Theres some good tips in here. I would like to add trading weapons with your AI teammates. Pick up any heavy weapon (boom, snipe, overkill, embar, etc...) and make sure to swap their gnasher as they rarely use it. They will most likely use the weapon that deals the most damage and they also have unlimited ammo so... every little bit helps!

So does that actually work? I remember when I played solo Hardcore, I gave one a sniper. They took two shots (which is what I had left in it when I gave it away), then dropped it for something else. If so, we need to start doing that in our Insane run.

• 2 weeks later...
Tried it last night. Gave Kait a 4 shot boom. She took four shots and ditched it.

Apparently explosive weapons dont work, the AI spend their ammo and toss them aside. I gave Del an embar with 2 shots left and he was using it throughout the entire chapter 5 on insane. i assume they have unlimited ammo with rifles only.

There was only 3 sections that gave me trouble so far on a solo run on insane. Thought I would share some things I did that might make it easier for anyone going for an insane run.

The swarmak boss fight in chapter 4. Once you figure it out, its not so bad. Take out one generator then pop the blisters before moving on to the next generator. Theres check points after doing this so you don't have to do everything over again when you die. More enemies spawn after each one is destroyed - its almost impossible to take him down by destroying all the generators first. I started with the two generators in the back and then the one on the far right when you first enter, and finally the one on the left at the start. I usually hid behind the green box to keep an eye on enemies rushing the stairs and I can easily pop out of cover to shoot blisters. I was using a torque bow that I picked up earlier in the chapter. I had 12 shots when I first got here which is more than enough to take out the blisters. When you run out of shots I picked up the boom on the catwalk by the green box. I still had a few rounds left over when I finally finished this.

In act 5 there is a section where you have to fend off 3 waves of horde. I built nothing but turrets. The first wave was easy, the very first spawn point in the second wave is a group of enemies spawning in a room on the left side. Before wave two begins, I set up two turrets outside of this door. (I also went with the torque bow from the fabricator, and picked up ammo) after placing those turrets I hid by the van which is down the hill from the room. once the turrets cleared the group of enemies i run into the room setting the turrets inside and I just hold up here. At the very end of the wave you have to kill two snatchers they cant reach you from this point so just let the bots deal with the snatchers. If one comes close to the door the turrets will kill it. This will save you lots of ammo, just be careful if a snatcher captures one of the bots just poke out and take aim with the torque bow to release them. For the third wave I bought another turret. I had three total setup in this room. I hid behind one of the generators while the bots did all the work. At one point during this wave a scion with a dropshot spawns in the room with his back to you. With three turrets he didn't last long. Once all three of your teammates go down and all the remaining drones rush you just let the turrets do all the work and let your downed teammates crawl to you. The last two enemies here are carriers, just stay in back of the room, take pop shots when you can and let the bots do most of the work. Easy!

Right now I am fighting the last boss. I am able to destroy one of its tentacles and then I always die shortly after. I find the controls for the mech is clunky sometimes instead of side jumping I usually end up doing a 180 turn. For a cover-based game this section has no cover. Once you get hit there is not enough time to recover for the next blow even though I am side jumping I still get hit. I even tried hiding behind Kait lol (she is totally useless here). I usually find myself running out of airstrikes and not enough time to replenish the rounds. This is the most frustrating part of the game for me. If anyone has any tips feel free to share!

EDIT: Just defeated the boss, i think i just got lucky. super annoying boss fight i think queen myrrah was way more difficult on insane.

Edited by Divine Infekt

Apparently explosive weapons dont work, the AI spend their ammo and toss them aside. I gave Del an embar with 2 shots left and he was using it throughout the entire chapter 5 on insane. i assume they have unlimited ammo with rifles only.

Yeah, I should have came back and updated this. I ended up completing about half the game on insane solo. Gave all my squad snipers and embars. They ended up using them the rest of the game. So yeah, seems like the explosive weapons aren't the thing to give your squad.

have you tried playing co-op with someone on casual while the person on insane just hides?

Thats what we did me and my friend. It was much less annoying to do this and do the campaign twice (plus initial run on solo) than actually going for insane solo or both coop.

This campaign would had been such a pain to do on insane with the no down rule and such.. oh boy. Im glad they let us do it that way. A pain in the ass removed...

Considering the ribbon thing and the ammount of shitty horde ill have to do for the rest tough, thats only fair.