Squads of friends getting joined to separate teams 75% of the time...

Pyr0sa

I started searching the BF1 official forums to see if others were having the same problem, and indeed they are: the game appears to prefer filling up matches regardless of what it does to your team/squad. So everyone has to repeatedly quit (i.e., strikes against them), regroup, and rejoin until they finally get put into a match.

...and at that point, you're pretty much playing that mode for the rest of the night. Otherwise you have to go through the whole rigamarole again.

Here's the thread tying a bunch of other threads together:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/48637/squads-of-friends-getting-split-up-when-joining-games-94-pages-of-posts-of-others-w-same-prob

Pretty sure this happened on Battlefront too :biglaugh

Yep -- except in SWBF they actually made it WAY worse, by eliminating the squad-screen altogether. This whole "unlocked asynchronous squad, browsing their own separate menus" method introduced in SWBF -- and still broken like that today -- is utterly a step backward, and reintroduced the "failure to squad-join" problem from early BF4.

Again I say, it's a design/feature that NO ONE ASKED FOR.

Yes it's BF4 all over again, I don't know if this also happened in HL as I never played it but I would think they would have this shit sorted after patching it in BF4.

They used the "fixed" squad-screen in BF:HL (at least in the 1y post-release version I bought/played). I.e., it worked perfectly -- locked squad screen, where only the host picked the join modes.

This is common in Battlefield games. If you squad up on the title screen and are added to the game on separate to teams (for balancing reasons usually), you'll be put in the same squad and team at the start of the following round. Of course, there are exceptions. This is Battlefield after all ;)

I started searching the BF1 official forums to see if others were having the same problem, and indeed they are: the game appears to prefer filling up matches regardless of what it does to your team/squad. So everyone has to repeatedly quit (i.e., strikes against them), regroup, and rejoin until they finally get put into a match.

...and at that point, you're pretty much playing that mode for the rest of the night. Otherwise you have to go through the whole rigamarole again.

Here's the thread tying a bunch of other threads together:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/48637/squads-of-friends-getting-split-up-when-joining-games-94-pages-of-posts-of-others-w-same-prob

You realize that it only does this for the first match on that server. When the next game starts, everyone should be on the same team and in same squad. No need to keep quitting out.

This is common in Battlefield games. If you squad up on the title screen and are added to the game on separate to teams (for balancing reasons usually), you'll be put in the same squad and team at the start of the following round. Of course, there are exceptions. This is Battlefield after all ;)

You realize that it only does this for the first match on that server. When the next game starts, everyone should be on the same team and in same squad. No need to keep quitting out.

Yep; we all know that -- but that's about 30 minutes that we're NOT playing together on the same team if it's early in a match of Conquest. When you have max 2 hours per weeknight, that's not tolerable, nor an acceptable workaround.

They used the "fixed" squad-screen in BF:HL (at least in the 1y post-release version I bought/played). I.e., it worked perfectly -- locked squad screen, where only the host picked the join modes.

It's starting to sound like they don't 'build and improve' upon the last game they made, more like they look at what was liked and not liked and then half ass throw it all together. I would have thought that they would take their patches and find a way to work it into the base code so they don't have to fix the exact same bug each time.

Happens to me and the guys I play with all time too. Pretty shit its been going on since BF3.

It happened in BF 3 too? I must have gotten lucky that my friends were late getting the game then, I still can't believe that this stuff has been worked out of the base code yet.

It happened in BF 3 too? I must have gotten lucky that my friends were late getting the game then, I still can't believe that this stuff has been worked out of the base code yet.

But here's the zinger: They FIXED it in both BF4 and BF:HL (well after initial horrifying release in BF's case).

Yep; we all know that -- but that's about 30 minutes that we're NOT playing together on the same team if it's early in a match of Conquest. When you have max 2 hours per weeknight, that's not tolerable, nor an acceptable workaround.

You probably spend more time quitting and retrying than if you just waited it out. Also, it's fun to kill your buddies some times for a change of pace 😂😂