Linx Vision gaming tablet review

Jamski

Have to say I'm seriously impressed. At under £100 it's an absolute steal. The tablet itself is great, solid, well made, quick. I've read it struggles with the 'latest' games, but this is a tablet we're talking about, not a gaming PC. I've installed a few games from the store and they run perfectly. Think of it as a £100 tablet and not a £1000 PC and you'll have no problems.

71n4xenVXwL._SL1500_.jpg

The 'cradle' the tablet sits in is solid and well made. I read some people saying it felt plasticky, but I don't feel that at all. It's odd not having the buttons at the top as the right analogue stick it above the buttons. But you get used to it and you can still easily reach the trigger, which was my concern. The biggest issue for me is the weight (it's heavy) and this in turn means the grips are quite slippy. I wouldn't want to do hours of serious gaming on it. However you can use it just as a screen and use the Xbone controller if you wanted to. I guess it's a trade off between weight and good quality parts, and I'd prefer to have a heavier, but well made product. I've had one or two times where a game hasn't recognised the controller, a quick restart and all is good again. This maybe has happened once in 4 or 5 hours of using it.

Streaming is good. Picture quality isn't as good as on the tv or games native to Windows, however it's far from an issue, for me anyway. 99% of the time the streaming is smooth and responsive. Occasionally I get a warning pop-up that says the connection is 'weak' but it only lasts a few seconds. Just to point out this is no bearing on internet connection, it doesn't use the internet, it uses wifi to connect via the router, but the internet itself isn't used. So you need a fast router, not a fast connection. I just have a BT Home Hub, so nothing fancy and it works just fine.

Windows 10 itself I'm very impressed with. Used Windows since 3.1 through to around Windows 2000 when I stopped PC gaming and used a Mac for my work. As most Mac fans, I never gave windows a second thought, lets face it, it's never been great. But Windows 10 is smooth, runs well, is intuitive and I'm enjoying all the customisable aspects that ios on osx doesn't give you.

For £99, get one now!

An excellent 9/10 from me.

http://www.linxvision.co.uk/