How to Level Up Fast

Fortinbras

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just killed that cactur using an Exp-Cast spell and got 26,000 xp! I killed it again, then slept in the 2x Exp Hotel for a massive 104,000 Exp. I've jumped from level 20 to 36! I'm only on chapter 3, lol. Now I know how this works, it's time to hit lvl 99 before progressing the story! :p

Guys, save your Debased Coins, Debased Silverpieces and Rare Coins!

What exactly did you use to create that spell?

Once you reach chapter 8 you will have access the the The Leville (royal suite) in Altissia. This is the only place where you can get a 3.0 multiplier for 30k gil. The lodge at Galdin Quay is only place for a 2.0 multiplier for 10k. The rest are almost all 1.5 or 1.2 multipiers for 300 gil.

Few other things once you get cooking skill 9 you can learn 'Lasagna Al Forne' which gives 4000HP and 100% to XP and blocks fire/lighting/ice.

And just to note if you eat the 'Sizzling Humongo Steak' at Hammerhead you will learn 'Thick 'n' Juciy Steak' which gives infinite stamina. :)

Edited by Slane

What exactly did you use to create that spell?

I'd be interested to know the spell recipe too.

There's a +30% XP cooking recipe you can find during Chapter 3 as well. Eat that, use the spell, stay at Inn... boom!

10 Debased Silverpiece and just 1 part of the fire element. This should give you 5 casts that are weak, which is what you want. Now, with that recipe you mentioned, just casing that spell will give 10,400 exp, but you don't want to hit the enemey with it, because the more times you cast in it a fight, the more exp you'll recieve at the end of the fight. So don't kill your enemy with the spell!

Now, because I was already lvl 36, killing the Cactur was a pain and boring so this test was agaisnt the Bandersnatch. I Got 52,000 exp just for casting those spells, and 39,033 exp for killing him. I didn't want to waste the food buff, so I saved and reloaded, made as many ExpriCast as could and killed him again. The total exp was about 225,000! So I went to the x2 Hotel and got 450,000 exp! I'm now lvl 60 and still need to finish chapter 3.

Edited by Bulletman

Camping will also help level cooking, which will help get the expert cooking achievement more quickly. I mean, if you have a few thousand XP saved up, definitely double or triple it, but if not camping is probably better.

You can level up cooking very quickly with luncheon meat which can be bought in Lestallum. I did that after I beat the game.

10 Debased Silverpiece and just 1 part of the fire element. This should give you 5 casts that are weak, which is what you want. Now, with that recipe you mentioned, just casing that spell will give 10,400 exp, but you don't want to hit the enemey with it, because the more times you cast in it a fight, the more exp you'll recieve at the end of the fight. So don't kill your enemy with the spell!

Now, because I was already lvl 36, killing the Cactur was a pain and boring so this test was agaisnt the Bandersnatch. I Got 52,000 exp just for casting those spells, and 39,033 exp for killing him. I didn't want to waste the food buff, so I saved and reloaded, made as many ExpriCast as could and killed him again. The total exp was about 225,000! So I went to the x2 Hotel and got 450,000 exp! I'm now lvl 60 and still need to finish chapter 3.

That's pretty crazy. I'll have to see how many coins I have when I get home, but I'll probably wait until I finish the story to boost my level anyway.

I added this to the achievement guide. Look good?

Fast Leveling

The leveling in this game works on "banked" experience, and manipulating that to your advantage. Any experience you get is not actually applied to your characters until you sleep. There are many ways to boost the experience you get.

First, you'll want to cook a meal before a battle. At Cooking Level 9 you can make Lasagna al Forno for a 100% boost (double experience). There are a number of other meals earlier that you can use as well.

Second, you can create spells with Debased Coins, Debased Silverpieces, and Rare Coins which will give you experience just for casting the spell, as well as bonus experience for any kills afterward. Using 10 Debased Coins and 1 Fire Magic, you'll get five weak fire spells that give 10-20k xp each (depending on what type of food you ate before the fight). Make a bunch at once and fight a rare monster for HUGE amounts of experience from a single kill. Make sure you're either missing with the spell or the monster can take all the hits to maximize this gain.

Third, you can equip Moogle Charms. I know of two, located in Costlemark Tower and Crestholm Channels. These are higher level areas, but you can run past all the enemies and just grab the item in the Channels if you want it early in the game for Noctis. The other you'll have to fight for. These give +20% to the character equipping it.

Lastly, the more you pay to sleep, the bigger the xp multiplier will be. In Altissa, the Leville will offer 3x multiplier but costs 30k. The hotel in Galdin Quay gives a 2x multiplier and only costs 10k.

Using all of these methods together, you can easily get 200-300k experience from a single battle with a rare monster, then triple that when you sleep. You can do this early in the game to make the game easier, or wait until after the story just to prepare for Step 3. Your choice.

Edited by The Pants Party

That's pretty crazy. I'll have to see how many coins I have when I get home, but I'll probably wait until I finish the story to boost my level anyway.

I added this to the achievement guide. Look good?

Yeah, man. Looks sweet!

After 35 hours of gameplay I've started to find Debased Banknotes, lol. You can add those to the guide if you like. I've found 3 superbosses if you want to maximise your exp.:)

I found two farming methods.

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

If you dont have any EXP Magic or any of the catalysts such as the Debased Coins/silverware, Rare Coin, you can use these two methods.

If however, you still want to use the magic exp method then you can farm the catalyst items. Here is the video for that:

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by IDarK VorteXX

After beating the game, I saved all my experience from grinding out the rest of the 80 side-quests, then used all my materials to make expericast spells. Got up to 479k, then slept at 3x Inn. Went from Level 47 all the way to 82. :p

Good idea. I'll have to do the same once I beat the story today... but I don't wanna grind out more awful side quests... argh lol.

Something I have been doing (and sorry if someone already pointed this out), eat the lasagna at the floating market in altissia (8k). It gives you 100% extra EXP. Then I'll bang out some quests and finally rest at Golden Quay (2x EXP). It ends up netting you 4x the EXP you would have gotten.

It does however cost you at least 18k to complete so you will need to save some Gil.

• 3 weeks later...

I used the Cactus farming technique right at the beginning of the game as mentioned by someone else before. 10 in-game days, each day fought a Cactus (xp from 5000 to 6000 depedning on performances), plus side quests and hunting quests. Accumulated about 80000 XP and once I slept at the xp-times-2 hotel by the sea, I levelled up immediately from 1 to 39 and got more than 500AP from that. Haven't even finished Chapter 1.

Edited by ImaginaryRuins

LMAO I'm only in the beginning of chapter 4 and already hit LV80 with time spent 40h but I also did all sidequests and hunts until that point. So I'm pretty much set.

Now I just need to abuse the AP farm exploit before they patch anything anytime soon.

I know right? I'm still in Ch.3 and my party is already Lv.75-76. I didn't really do any farming; just doing all the side quests and hunting quests, never avoiding any battles (including against red giants and secret dungeons), and once my xp hit 6-digit figure I made sure to sleep at the sea-side hotel that gives 2-times xp. Oh, and I managed to get the Moogle Charm in one of those early-available dungeons so my Noctis levels up faster as well.

The only downside is in order to bank all the xp, I level up Ignis and Prompto's skills very slowly. However, without any dedicated effort or the "rubber band trick", I easily got Gladious's skill to Lv.9 as I walked around A LOT picking up treasures and ingredients on the map.

I discovered the spell-exp trick rather late. That gave me some xp boost but not too much and I didn't rely on spells a lot.

As for AP, I spammed Noctis's warp-strike against weak enemies as most of the one-hit-kills give me one AP, and also I went for blind-side-link attacks as much as possible as that also gives AP.

Total playtime to come to this far is 52hrs, but I've been taking things slowly because this game is so enjoyable for me I don't want to play it to rush through the storyline or the achievements.

Edited by ImaginaryRuins

I'm Level 99, still in Chapter 3. I used the Rare Coins to craft spells and that gave me tons of EXP. Gladious has that skill that randomly gets 2 items at the end of a battle and sometimes I got 2 Rare Coins at one time. 8 Rare Coins give spells with an EXP boost at Level 96. Without long I went from Level 80 to 99.

• 2 weeks later...
I used the Cactus farming technique right at the beginning of the game as mentioned by someone else before. 10 in-game days, each day fought a Cactus (xp from 5000 to 6000 depedning on performances), plus side quests and hunting quests. Accumulated about 80000 XP and once I slept at the xp-times-2 hotel by the sea, I levelled up immediately from 1 to 39 and got more than 500AP from that. Haven't even finished Chapter 1.

Do you mean you literally just stayed in the Hammerhead area after you push the car there, before opening up the next area?:)

I played it on ps4 and i mainly just did main missions but this time i want to level up some first to to make things easier and take my time.

Plus does anyone know what mission can you play up to before the dropships start spawning, i want to do some missions & level up, to that point before they appear....thanks

Do you mean you literally just stayed in the Hammerhead area after you push the car there, before opening up the next area?:)

I played it on ps4 and i mainly just did main missions but this time i want to level up some first to to make things easier and take my time.

Plus does anyone know what mission can you play up to before the dropships start spawning, i want to do some missions & level up, to that point before they appear....thanks

Yes, I did! I wanted to level up more (this is an RPG game after all), and in fact, each Cactuar you kill you have a chance to get an Oracle Accession Coin, an item which can be very useful after you reach Chapter 9.

Another note: perhaps after a recent patch, I've noticed that The Leville in Altissa, which is supposed to give an EXP x 3 bonus, is drastically reduced to EXP x 1.5, though the staying price is also reduced to 500 gil per night. So now, the hotel that gives the best exp bonus is Galdin Quay.

If you want to get the Imperial Magetik Engines to drop enemies from above, you need to reach Chapter 3.