General Discussion

Aceman417

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to say i'm impressed with this game, feels like a real final fantasy again, much better then FFXIII.

Unless they make one with pure turn-based combat, none of them will feel like FF again to me. Still fun games though. I enjoyed XIII well enough.

Just wondering if the map which you start off in is the whole map, can people either confirm or deny this? I'm only on chapter 3, and just doing hunts and side missions, and don't want this to be the whole map. And considering that it was rumoured to be bigger than The Witcher 3, and GTA V, it just feels a bit small.

Just wondering if the map which you start off in is the whole map, can people either confirm or deny this? I'm only on chapter 3, and just doing hunts and side missions, and don't want this to be the whole map. And considering that it was rumoured to be bigger than The Witcher 3, and GTA V, it just feels a bit small.

http://i.imgur.com/Fi49xaM.jpg

There's a photo of the map that came with the strategy guide. Don't think a map is online so it's kinda of shit. But should give ya good idea.

Considering how long it takes to get across I'm happy for it being that size

Unless they make one with pure turn-based combat, none of them will feel like FF again to me.

Same here :) Also, thanks a lot for your answer bugbear, I'll try to use lock-on more, I just don't find it easy, with either control configuration. Hopefully I'll win a Gears of War 4 Elite controller on eBay in 31 minutes and next week that problem will be gone :D

Same here :) Also, thanks a lot for your answer bugbear, I'll try to use lock-on more, I just don't find it easy, with either control configuration. Hopefully I'll win a Gears of War 4 Elite controller on eBay in 31 minutes and next week that problem will be gone :D

Have you tried sticking to the Type C button configuration for a while? Since you use the triggers to attack and defend with Type C, I find it a little more tolerable to control the camera in battles since I can keep my thumb on the right analog stick.

You can fix the lock-on by pressing RS and then just flick the stick to change target. This also means you can warp strike without having to hold rb and just pressing b.

All inputs are using Type B

i just remembered, dont spend 10k at that 2x inn. when you feel you have enough exp just progess the story to chapter 2, you basically get to stay at the 2x inn for free one time

Thanks for that info :)

I gave up after 6 days and 75k exp, so 150k :) I'm now level 40 and my fishing skill is 9.5

EDIT: May have gone a little too far, the soldiers I just encountered were very easy to kill...

EDIT 2: Maybe not, with the amount of soldiers constantly being dropped on my head...

Edited by SpinelesS

Wait, I also kept all the EXP I gathered for 6 days (what a coincidence), unfogged the ENTIRE available map, killed quite a few level 24 and 30 enemies at level 9, did every quest, cleared every resource on the map, including a lot of respawning ones, did all the Hunts below 14, then I progressed the story as well by staying at that Inn (I'm when the team learns about what happened in Kingsglaive by reading the paper), and I only went from 9 to 14. It took you to 40??? 40? I thought 40 was almost endgame level?

How is that even possible? :eek:

Edited by Asturgis

I was already a few levels up (I did everything you did previously except all the available hunts, but I camped each night doing it - I wanted to do the tours you get sleeping at different camps) but the reason I got so much exp is:

There is a Cactuar (little cactus dude) that loads once per day from around 7 am to 7 pm a little north west of Hammerhead (slightly north of the treasure spot) that gives a lot of experience when you kill it.

I was engaging it in combat, and then throwing a spell at it to kill it.

Potion was 50 fire, 49 ice, 99 lightning and 10 debased coins.

Expericast: Thundara x 5

EXP Bonus Level 40

I was killing the rhino looking creatures in the area, looking for the Cactuar and killing it, then going back to fishing till the next day. That's how much exp the little dude gives you.

Some guys video showing him fighting it.

Map is shown around 2:05

I'm honestly a little worried I overdid it and a lot of the game is going to be too easy now though.

Edited by SpinelesS

i kinda wish the game upscaled, im still very early chapter 3 and im level 71 lol next story mission is only level 10.

i want to do everything i can tho, i like to do everything but the main quest on games like this

71! I am 54 and I've done everything. I can't find many more side quests now and I've only played 35 hours. On chapter 13 story wise.

The devs saying story alone is 40-50 hours is definitely horse shit. More like 10.

Hopefully there is a ton of end game content of I will have nothing left to do.

71! I am 54 and I've done everything. I can't find many more side quests now and I've only played 35 hours. On chapter 13 story wise.

The devs saying story alone is 40-50 hours is definitely horse shit. More like 10.

Hopefully there is a ton of end game content of I will have nothing left to do.

i was level 46 at the time but i didnt really feel like i needed to level up so i decided to hold onto my exp. did every quest, hunt and what ever dungeons i could find. when i had no choice but to do the story mission i had 380k exp which i doubled with the 2x exp inn

I'm only on chapter 3 and I just got The ever Valorous Regalia mission to get a supercharger, but it looks like it's behind some blockades in the north west part of the map.

When does this section become unlocked, and does this upgrade speed up the car?

I don't recall exactly when it opens, but yes, it increases the speed to 60mph.