Game of the Week: January 9-15 (If you were a game developer...)

Dirty130

ifyouweredevrpg.png

This is something new to Community Gaming that CET would like to introduce to our members. Occasionally, we'll pick a hypothetical for our members to play out for a chance to win a $50 US Microsoft Gift Card!

All you have to do to participate in this event is tell us about an RPG you would make if given the chance. What would it be called? Make a (optional) game cover. Tell us about the premise, some of the characters or would it be turn based or real time. There is no real wrong or right way to enter this event and pictures or screenshots aren't necessary, so just have some fun with any ideas you may have and be sure to tell us what region you're from, so we know the Microsoft Gift Card will suit your gamertag.

How to post your entry:

Go to this thread: [Experiences of Community Gaming]

Then post your entry following this simple example:

[spoiler=example143]

Gamertag/Region: DirtyI30, Australia/PAL Region.

If I were a dev, I'd make a Sonic RPG where you were unable to build on Sonic's speed or jumping, making him essentially useless in all situations he found himself in. Take that, you little blue bugger!

xboxoneblank.png

Entrants throughout the month of January who participate in CG events will go into a single draw to win a $50 US Microsoft Gift Card (or nearest equivalent for your region). The maximum amount of chances to win for an entrant in the monthly draw is 2. The lucky Winner will be announced during the first 7-10 days of each following month. For more details, see the [Changes to Community Gaming Announcement thread]

Please Read:

[spoiler=pleaseread1532]Note 1: Please be sure your entries are your own work. Please also keep them relatively clean. Swearing is fine, but don't overdo it.

Note 2: Only post your entries during the dates of the featured event. 'Before and afters' will not be counted.

Note 3: You must have 50 constructive posts to enter. (Does not apply to Subscribers.)

• 2 weeks later...

Gamertag/Region: Stig Assassin / North America

I guess I'll start the Game Developer "Game of the Week?"

If I were a game developer for an RPG I would attempt to combine genres and change things around. Something like a futuristic or modern FPS for the first 25% of the game, until a plot twist sends you back to medieval times where the traditional sword and magic combat replaces the gun. Combat basically plays like Skyrim.

The next 60% of the game is questing for particular items to get you back to the modern time and improve your new magic powers, most of which are found in dungeons with a boss battle. Each area has a different mechanic you have to master in order to effectively fight.

The final 15% is the return to the present day with all of the learned abilities that can now be combined with modern technology. Something like any gun can be turned into an automatic turret, and bullets can be changed to different elements at will with different effects. All the mechanics come together in a final rush to the boss to save the world. [/cliche]

Three months later additional story DLC that was cut from the original game is released for half the price of the full game. One month after that microtransactions are introduced to boost stats at an increased rate. Two months later multiplayer is added with a kill 50,000 players achievement. :D

Gamertag/Region: NShepherd N7/Central

If I were a Game Developer:

So Rockstar has done the wild west and the bustling city. I'd have them make a gigantic open world pirate game. The enire Caribbean mapped out, every island and town. It would take place in the golden age of Pirates. The story would be your usually Pirate-affair of shipwrecks, backstabbing pirates, and the ever-encroaching threat of the East India Trading Company. Mulitplayer is where is would shine though. You could design your own boat and Jolly Roger, fully customize your character, and even grow in power to have a fleet of ships or naval fort. And I would call it... Pirates of the Caribbean Seadogs.

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/disney/propaganda/pirates/armadaofthedamned/pirates610.jpg

Loving those entries Pokenut and Shep. I may as well post my example here too.

"If I were a dev, I'd make a Sonic RPG where you were unable to build on Sonic's speed or jumping, making him essentially useless in all situations he found himself in. Take that, you little blue bugger!"

xboxoneblank.png

Gamertag/Region: Havoc1st/Australia

The RPG i would make:

I would make a third person RPG which would be a steampunk theme set during the 19th century's British Victorian era. The story would be about trying to prevent the fall of Britain, with the central theme being about your character's development of self-identity, which will change according to the decisions you make throughout the game. It will will be an emotional fueled story.

Britain will be separated into three main areas known as territories. Each territory will be unique. There will be massive and locations throughout Britain.

Gameplay wise, your character is also customizable (it's a mix of Mass Effect and Sunset Overdrive style of customization). Combat will be in real time; Weapons (guns, biotic powers, and melee weapons) and armor are customizable/upgradable. There will be massive amount of side missions in each territories and exploration will be rewarded generously. There's also a reputation system which will influence how each territory will change during the story.

The name of the game will be The Fall of Britain.

the-fall-of-britain.png

Gamertag/Region: CaptainVictor91/US

The RPG i would make:

If I were a game developer I would create a RPG based on the Super Smash Bros. franchise.

Gameplay wise it would be Tactical RPG like Final Fantasy Tactics or Disgaea but you'd only play with a team of up to 4.

You'd start off with just Mario and Link. And throughout the game you'd unlock other characters from the Smash roster. Early on characters like DK, Bowser, King DeeDeeDee and Ganondorf are villains but at one point in the story a new common threat comes along which makes both heroes and villains team up.

There would also be a partner system so characters of the same franchise or similar characteristics would get team bonuses. Like sword characters would get a bonus or weaponless charcters or an all female team or all big characters. Similar to the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games.

Gamertag/Region: UnarmedReaper07/North America...... A gamer gets pulled into the video game world and must defeat an unknown villian. The gamer obtains different powers, outfits, items, etc from different video game characters, enemy drops, treasure chests, etc. The game would have a level up system and the higher level you are, the better gear/abilities you can use. Will "The Gamer" ever return home?

Gamertag/Region: Rapture639/North America

If I were a game developer for an RPG, I would make a old west themed RPG, but with the added twist of also including a fantasy element in it. Essentially, it would be the old west with saloons, trains, bars, brothels, and everything you'd expect from that time period, but it also happens to be a place inhabited by strange creatures, powerful sorcerers, giant cyclops, and maybe even a dragon or two :eek:. The general continent that you'll be in is called Westworld.

After creating your character and deciding on his or hers race, gender, and even species, you're set off in this wild and open world. Gameplay will all be taken in real time, and will include a mix of third person gunplay, and spells that you earn and level up as you progress through the game. There will be several skill tree levels, so players can determine how they wanna build their cowboy/cowgirl/cow-mystical creature. Examples include skills that increase your abilities as a gunslinger (such as increased damage with your gun, faster reload speed, greater critical damage etc) or skills that increase your magic based abilities (like the ability to slow down time longer, decreased mana cost on your casting abilities, being able to summon minions, etc). As you gain levels and skill points, you'll be able to decide where you wanna place these points, which will shape how you face off against enemies.

Story will progress based on the players choice. Players will choose how they want to behave in the Westworld, and that will help shape the narrative in the game. For the sake of simplicity, you'll be able to make the "good" choice (deemed Lawful) or the "evil" choice (deemed Outlaw). One example is early on in the game, you'll take a bounty to arrest a wanted creature. His crimes are unknown, but his bounty is very high. When you finally encounter him and eventually subdue him, he'll plead his innocence, claiming that he was framed for a crime he didn't commit. He provides evidence, and the player is left with the decision to believe him, or bring him in regardless for the bounty. Based on players decisions in these moments, certain quests and storylines will open up, and you'll earn more reputation with a specific faction.

Gamertag/Region: Chambalaja/Europe

I would develop a futuristic game in which you would be a captain on your own spaceship.

At the beginning it would be just you. You are traveling the galaxy taking more or less legal jobs to keep bread on the table. During you travel you meet different people and species, some of them might even join your crew. As you crew grows you can take on more and more lucrative but also dangerous jobs, essentially becoming the #1 in the whole universe.

I think it would be sort of an MMO, because just cruising through space on your own and acting with AI would be boring. But essentially it is your choice. You can hire other people or just NPCS or both. You can form alliances and also attack each other. So you should be very careful all the time, because once you get attacked and you lose, all you progress is gone (shitty, i know, but becoming #1 should be a hard and painfull process, and also there is an achievement for it worth 100:gsicon:.[ There would be 100 spots for the #1 rank per server and a server fits around 500 people, so everyone has a chance. - the #1 ranks would also reset every 3 months or so] )

The battles take a long time. You would have to enter the other guys spaceship and eliminate everyone there. Whether you do this with your crew or alone is up to you. But if you attack and lose, you stuff is gone, too. A high risk - high reward kinda thing.

Once you are in a battle, you are not allowed to log out or flee or dashboard. So what you start you have to finish. The design of your ship is entirely up to you, be it interiour or exteriour. You can place traps, make hideouts for your people etc etc.

- But you would not have to fight. There are safezones all around the universe, where you can just chill with your crew. But while hanging out there, you can not land any super-lucrative jobs and you can not become the most badass space-captain in all the universe.

- This was fun. :D